About the JBL BassPro SL 2
JBL's take on the compact sub
JBL's take on the compact sub
With cars getting smaller every year, JBL understands that the need for compact powered subs is greater than ever. Their latest BassPro SL 2 powered sub delivers impressive bass from a stealthy low-profile enclosure that'll fit under the seat in many vehicles. Its 8" shallow-profile woofer was designed especially for this compact enclosure, so you know you'll be hearing some strong bass.
125 watts + 8" sub = nice bass
The built-in Class D amplifier delivers 125 watts RMS to the sub, and you can use the low-pass filter, bass boost, and phase switch to get the best possible performance in your vehicle. The amp hardly gets warm when it's working, so you don't have to worry about installing the Bass Pro SL 2 under your seat or in some other tight space.
The Bass Pro SL 2 includes line- and speaker-level inputs with an input load switch.
- powered subwoofer with heavy-duty ABS plastic enclosure
- 8" shallow-profile woofer
- Class D amplifier (125 watts RMS)
- low-pass crossover variable from 50-120 Hz at 12 dB per octave
- variable bass boost (0 to +9 dB at 70 Hz)
- phase switch (selectable 0 or 180 degrees)
- speaker and line-level inputs
- frequency response: 35-120 Hz
- dimensions: 13-9/16"W x 2-7/8"H x 10-1/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SUBBPSL2AM
What's in the box:
- Powered 8" subwoofer (15A ATC fuse installed)
- 8" Speaker-level input harness
- Remote level control
- 16.5' Remote cable (RJ-25 connectors on both ends)
- Four 2-1/2" Hex-socket screws
- Hex-socket bit
- Two 1" Philips-head screws
- Quickstart guide
JBL BassPro SL 2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL BassPro SL 2
Features & specs
|Connector Type||RCA, speaker-level|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||125 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Enclosure & Driver: The JBL BassPro SL2 features a single 8" woofer in a compact sealed enclosure. The woofer driver features a polypropylene cone with a butyl rubber surround, mounted in a durable ABS enclosure that's compact enough for mounting under seats and in tight spaces.
Amplifier: The subwoofer enclosure is powered by a built-in 125 watt RMS Class-D amplifier. Class-D operation means the amp runs cooler and draws less current from the vehicle's electrical system.
High/Low Inputs: The BassPro SL2 includes a pair of RCA low-level signal inputs, accepting signals from 0.05V - 2.0V. If connecting to a factory headunit or radio without pre-amp outputs, a 2-channel speaker-level input harness is included, accepting signals from 0.5V - 20V.
Audio Sense: The Audio Sense switch, when set to On, allows the BassPro SL2 to power on when it senses voltage on the speaker-level inputs, eliminating the need for connecting a remote turn-on wire.
Crossover: The amplifier's low pass crossover point is continuously variable from 50 to 120 Hz; the crossover slope is 12 dB/octave.
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit provides a variable (0-9 dB) signal boost centered at 70Hz.
Remote Level Control: A remote level control is provided, that can be mounted under a dash or console for easy adjustment of the bass level from the driver's location. The remote level control includes a 16.5' remote cable terminated in RJ-25 connectors on both ends.
- Phase: A two position switch (0° or 180°) allows the subwoofer's phase to easily be inverted .
- Level: A rotary knob adjusts the input signal level.
- Input Load: Used in conjunction with the speaker-level inputs, this 2-postition switch (High/Low) can be set to provide the lowest amount of noise with a high-level input signal. Generally, this will be set to the High position for most factory radios.
- Power LED: Lights to indicate unit is powered on.
- Protect LED: Lights to indicate a fault or short-circuit.
- Remote Bass: RJ-25 jack for use with included remote bass level control.
- Fuse: A single 15 amp ATC fuse protects the amplifier.
- High Level Input: Accommodates the included 4-pin Molex high-level input harness.
- Power/Ground: Three set-screw terminals provide connections for Power, Ground, and Remote In, each accepting up to 8AWG wire.
The JBL BassPro SL 2 replaces these items
4 questions already asked