About the JBL BassPro Hub
Bass that fits in your trunk
Bass that fits in your trunk
Modern music really needs a good subwoofer to convey all of its power. But as cars become smaller, it becomes more difficult to find the space for the bass you need. JBL steps up with a clever solution in the BassPro Hub, a powered subwoofer that mounts over the hub of your spare tire to give you maximum bass and maximum space savings.
Small size, big features
The BassPro Hub features a 11" subwoofer with a tough fiberglass cone and rubber surround that'll hold up at high volumes. The 200-watt Class D amplifier is specially designed to complement the sub. Its line-level and speaker-level inputs make the BassHub Pro compatible with any car audio system. The system also includes a wired remote with controls for sub level, crossover frequency, phase switching, and bass EQ, so you can make adjustments from the front seat. The tough plastic enclosure protects the system from your cargo while taking up very little space.
A plug-in wiring harness makes removing the sub to access the spare tire a simple task. To connect the BassPro Hub to your vehicle's electrical system, Crutchfield recommends a EFX or Crutchfield 10-gauge wiring kit; when purchased with the BassPro Hub, we'll throw in a package of Posi-twist solderless wire connectors for no extra charge.
Installation Note: You'll need to turn your spare tire upside down to install this sub.
- powered 11" subwoofer enclosure
- mounts to hub of spare tire
- fiberglass cone with rubber surround
- Class D amplifier (200 watts RMS)
- wired remote included (controls level, crossover frequency, phase, and bass EQ)
- variable low-pass crossover (50-150 Hz, 24dB/octave)
- phase switch (0°, 180°)
- bass boost (0-12 dB at 50 Hz)
- frequency response: 30-150 Hz
- dimensions: 6-1/2"H x 14-3/16"D
- fuse: 30A
- SPL: 84 dB
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLBASSPROHUBAM
What's in the box:
- Amplified subwoofer
- 30-amp ATO fuse (installed)
- 12" Power/input harness
- Wired remote control (16' Cable attached)
- Mounting post
- Factory mounting bracket adapter
- 2.5mm Allen Wrench
- Owner's manual
More details on the JBL BassPro Hub
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||11|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||200 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||400 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Mounting: The BassPro Hub is designed to mount inside the spare tire rim. (It should only be used in vehicles that have their spare tire inside the vehicle.)
Auto Turn-On: When the speaker level inputs are used, the system can automatically turn on and off by sensing the voltage on the speaker input.
Note: The auto turn-on feature does not operate when the preamp level inputs are used.
Wired Remote: All the sub's controls are on the included wired remote. The attached 16' cable plugs into the RJ-25 port on the subwoofer. The remote measures:
- Width: 1.54"
- Height: 1.08" (including control knobs)
- Length: 4.76" (5.45" including cable)
Low-Pass Crossover: The low-pass crossover slope is 24 dB/octave and the crossover point is variable from 50 Hz to 150 Hz.
Bass Boost: The amplifier includes a continuously variable bass boost circuit, 0 dB to +12 dB centered at 50 Hz.
- Power: 10-gauge power (+12V) wire
- Ground: 10-gauge ground wire
- Remote: 22-gauge remote turn-on; necessary when using the line level inputs
- Line Level Input: left and right female RCA preamp level inputs
- Speaker Level Input: 22-gauge speaker wire input (stereo)
Controls: on the wired remote
- Gain: rotary control; variable from 200mV to 4V when using line level inputs, 500mV to 10V when using speaker level inputs
- Bass Boost: rotary control; variable from 0dB to +12 dB, centered at 50 Hz
- Low Pass Filter: rotary control; sets crossover point; continuously variable from 50 Hz to 150 Hz
- Phase: two position switch; 0° or 180°