About the JBL BassPro Micro
Bass that gives you cargo space
Bass that gives you cargo space
You want some bass in your vehicle, but you also need to be able to maximize your cargo space every once in a while. JBL's BassPro Micro powered sub gives you the bass you need in a compact package with a unique twist! You can undock the speaker enclosure from the permanently-mounted amplifier base for instant cargo room when it's needed.
The BassPro Micro features a Class D amplifier that delivers 140 watts RMS to its 8" subwoofer for surprisingly powerful output. The amp includes speaker-level and line-level inputs to allow you to connect the sub to your vehicle's audio system. JBL includes controls for input sensitivity, crossover frequency, and phase, along with a bass EQ with 9 dB of boost, making it easy to match this sub up with your speaker system.
Need more bass? You can daisy-chain this sub with another BassPro Micro to give you even more thump. The BassPro Micro gives you the bass you're looking for, and the dockable enclosure gives you extra space when you need it.
- powered subwoofer with heavy-duty ABS plastic enclosure
- 8" subwoofer
- Class D amplifier (140 watts RMS)
- sub enclosure separates from amplifier base to accommodate cargo
- 10-gauge amp wiring kit required (sold separately)
- adjustable low-pass crossover (50-120 Hz)
- bass boost (0 to +9 dB at 65 Hz) and phase switch
- speaker and line-level inputs
- frequency response: 35-120 Hz
- dimensions: 16-3/16"W x 10-7/8"H x 7"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLBASSPROMICROBLK
What's in the box:
- Amplifier base with 15A ATM mini-blade fuse installed
- Subwoofer enclosure
- 2 RCA adapters
- 2 Thumbscrews
- 4 Self-tapping screws (length 1")
- 4 Flat washers
- Quick Start Guide
JBL BassPro Micro reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL BassPro Micro
Features & specs
|Connector Type||RCA (amp) Dock (sub)|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Woofer Material||Not given|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||140 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Overview: The JBL BassPro Micro is a dockable powered subwoofer for your vehicle. The low-profile 140-watt (RMS) amplifier is built into the base, and the ABS sub enclosure docks on top of the amp/base. The subwoofer can be easily removed if you need extra cargo room.
Mounting: The amplifier should be permanently mounted to a flat surface in your vehicle using the included hardware. Although you will mount the amplifier base without the enclosure docked, you should first test-fit the entire assembly with the enclosure before securing it to the mounting location. The enclosure docks to the amplifier base in either direction, and is secured with two thumbscrews.
Connections and Controls: All of the controls and connections are located on one side of the base for convenient access. Four spring-loaded docking pins are provided on the top of the amplifier base for connecting to the subwoofer enclosure when it is docked.
- Power/Ground/Remote Turn-on: Screw terminals are provided for +12V, Ground, and Remote Turn-on. 10-gauge power and ground wire is recommended. A flat head or Phillips head screwdriver is needed to tighten/loosen the screw terminals.
- Audio In: These stereo RCA jacks will accept line-level or speaker-level signals. For speaker-level inputs, you can connect the left and right speaker wires to the included RCA adapters before connecting.
- Remote: RJ-25 modular jack for connecting the optional Harman RBC Remote Bass Control
- Fuse: 15A ATO mini-blade fuse installed
- Link: 3.5mm Audio link connection for daisy-chaining two BassPro Micro systems together. This prevents you from having to run a separate signal cable from the head unit to the second unit.
- Auto Turn-on: When the speaker level inputs are used, the system can automatically turn on and off by sensing the voltage on the speaker input. After 3 minutes of no audio, the unit will turn itself off. If you prefer, auto turn-on can be turned off, so the amp turns on/off using the wired remote terminal. The auto turn-on feature does not operate when the preamp level inputs are used.
- Input Level: 3-way switch; Low (for preamp level inputs), Hi1 or Hi2 (for speaker level inputs)
- Gain: Rotary control for matching the amplifier to the output of the source unit (requires flat head or Phillips screwdriver)
- Crossover (low-pass filter): Rotary control for filtering out unwanted high frequencies so the unit plays only bass (adjustable from 50Hz to 120Hz 12dB/octave)
- Bass EQ: Rotary control for boosting bass frequencies up to +9dB, centered at 65 Hz
- Phase: 2-way switch for setting the phase at 0° or 180°
- Link: 2-way switch for setting the Audio Link 3.5mm jack as an Input (slave) or an Output (master)
- Frequency Response: 35Hz - 120Hz
- Amplifier Power: 140 watts RMS
- Maximum Current Draw: 14.5A (<800mA in standby)
- Crossover Frequency: 50Hz - 120Hz
- Bass Boost: +9dB at 65Hz
- Amplifier Base: Width 6-1/8" Height 1-3/8" Length 13-3/4"
- With Enclosure: Width 7" Height 10-13/15" Length 16-1/4"
- Amplifier Base: 4.25 pounds
- With Enclosure: 18.75 pounds
8 questions already asked