About the JBL BassPro SL
JBL + compact sub
JBL + compact sub
Under the seat is the Bass Pro's natural habitat.
The smaller the subwoofer enclosure, the more places it can go. And with cars getting smaller every year, the need for compact powered subs is greater than ever. Now JBL introduces their Bass Pro SL powered sub, and it's ready to go where no sub has gone before.
JBL's Bass Pro SL powered sub delivers impressive bass from a stealthy low-profile enclosure that'll fit under the seat in many vehicles. Its 8" shallow-profile woofer was designed especially for this compact enclosure, so you know you'll be hearing some strong bass.
Tight spots? Sure!
The Bass Pro SL uses a Class D amplifier that delivers 125 watts RMS to the sub; the amp hardly gets warm when it's working, so you don't have to worry about installing the Bass Pro SL under your seat or in some other tight space.
The Bass Pro SL includes line- and speaker-level inputs with an input load switch. The amp's controls also include adjustable crossover frequency and bass boost.
- powered subwoofer with heavy-duty ABS plastic enclosure
- 8" shallow-profile woofer
- Class D amplifier (125 watts RMS)
- low-pass crossover variable from 50-120 Hz at 12 dB per octave
- bass boost (0 to +9 dB at 70 Hz)
- speaker and line-level inputs
- frequency response: 35-120 Hz
- dimensions: 13-9/16"W x 2-7/8"H x 10-1/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # BassPro SL
What's in the box:
- Amplified subwoofer
- 20-amp ATO fuse (installed)
- 7" Speaker level input harness
- Four 2-1/2" Mounting screws
- 3mm Allen head bit
- Quick start guide
More details on the JBL BassPro SL
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||125 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||N/A|
Mounting: The subwoofer, with its height of 2-7/8", can be mounted flat under a seat in the passenger compartment of many vehicles.
Auto Turn-On: When the speaker level inputs are used, the system can automatically turn on and off by sensing the voltage on the speaker input. If you prefer, auto turn-on can be turned off, so the amp turns on/off using the wired remote terminal.
Note: The auto turn-on feature does not operate when the preamp level inputs are used.
Low-Pass Crossover: The low-pass crossover slope is 12dB/octave and the crossover point is variable from 50 Hz to 120 Hz.
Bass Boost: The amplifier includes a continuously variable bass boost circuit, 0 dB to +9 dB centered at 70Hz.
- Power: the power (+12V), ground, and remote turn-on connections are on a terminal strip; each screw terminal is approximately 0.34" wide; JBL recommends 12-gauge (minimum) power and ground wires
- Line Level Input: left and right female RCA preamp level inputs
- Speaker Level Input: 4-pin port for the included speaker input harness
- Fuse: 20-amp ATO fuse installed
- Remote: RJ-14 jack for an optional wired remote (item number 108RBC, sold separately)
- Audio Sense: two position switch; set to On when using speaker level inputs to engage the auto turn-on circuit
- Input Load: two position switch, active only when using speaker level inputs; offers compatibility with a wide range of aftermarket and factory radios
- Crossover: rotary control; sets low-pass crossover point; continuously variable from 50 Hz to 120 Hz
- Phase: two position switch; select normal (0°) or reverse (180°)
- Level: rotary control; gain variable from 200mV to 2V when using line level inputs, 2V to 20V when using speaker level inputs
- Bass Boost: rotary control; bass boost level variable from 0dB to +9dB, centered at 70Hz
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
9 questions already asked