About the JBL C Series C-6IW
A solid in-wall value from JBL
A solid in-wall value from JBL
Thinking about installing in-wall speakers in your home office or living room? JBL has a nice budget-friendly option that's worth considering. Use a pair of the C-6IWs for a stealthy in-wall music system.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out our guide to installing in-wall speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. This speaker's paintable grille lets it easily blend in with your décor.
- 1/2" polymer tweeter
- 6-1/2" poly woofer
- recommended amplifier power: 35 watts RMS
- frequency response: 50-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- impedance: 8-ohm compatible
- paintable grille for discreet installation
- cutout dimensions: 7-7/16"W x 10-13/16"H
- overall dimensions: 8-3/4"W x 12"H
- mounting depth: 3"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLC6IWWHTAM
What's in the box:
- In-wall loudspeaker
- Paint shield
- Cut-Out Template
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Card
- Important Safety Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL C Series C-6IW
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Cutout Size||7.375 x 10.75|
|Power Range (Watts)||up to 35|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
2-Way Driver Design: The JBL C-series C6IW in-wall loudspeaker employs a 2-way driver design with a 0.5" soft-dome polymer tweeter and one 6.5" poly cone woofer for powerful, room-filling JBL Signature sound. The JBL C-series in-wall loudspeaker delivers high power handling and high sensitivity for full, dynamic, and wide dispersion sound.
Applications: The JBL C-series C6IW can be used in a distributed audio application, as well as a 2ch stereo speaker setup. It can also be utilized in a home theater application as a front, center, or rear channel speaker.
Moisture Resistant: Built to last with quality materials, including a moisture-resistant design, make the C6IW in-wall loudspeaker perfect for bathroom installations.
Paintable Grille: The JBL C-series in-wall speaker comes with with a paintable grille to blend into your wall and decor. A paint shield is included. The grille protrudes 0.5" from the wall.
In-wall Installation: The JBL C-series in-wall loudspeaker is designed for standard drywall construction with at least 3/8" wall material thickness. For stereo or home theater listening, position the loudspeaker on th wall so the tweeter is close to ear-level. Standard "dog-leg" locking mechanisms are utilized to secure the speaker in the wall.
- The C6IW requires a rectangular cutout that measures 7.375" (w) x 10.75" (h) x 3.0" (d). Its outer frame measures 8.6875" (w) x 12.0625 (h) x 0.5" (d).
- Make sure to leave at least 1" of open space (without obstruction) around the cutout behind the wall, so the speaker's locking mechanisms will have room to engage fully.
- Be sure that there are no studs, lengths of conduit, pipes, heating ducts or air returns in the wall cavity that will interfere with the speaker.
Spring Clip Terminals: The JBL C6IW is outfitted with a set of spring-clip terminals to attach your speaker wire. The spring-clip terminals will accommodate bare wire (up to 12AWG) and pin-connectors.