About the JBL C Series C-8IW
Look forward to listening
Look forward to listening
If you're planning a new custom-integrated audio system, check out JBL's C-8IW. This affordable in-wall speaker can give you years of enjoyment. It delivers tight, clean bass and crisp, clear highs, thanks to its 8" woofer and 1/2" tweeter.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out our guide to installing in-wall speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. This speaker's paintable grille lets it easily blend in with your décor.
- 1/2" polymer tweeter
- 8" poly woofer
- recommended amplifier power: 45 watts RMS
- frequency response: 45-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- impedance: 8-ohm compatible
- paintable grille for discreet installation
- cutout dimensions: 8-13/16"W x 12-15/16"H
- overall dimensions: 10"W x 14-1/8"H
- mounting depth: 3-1/4"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLC8IWWHTAM
What's in the box:
- In-wall loudspeaker
- Paint shield
- Cut-Out Template
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Card
- Important Safety Instructions
JBL C Series C-8IW reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL C Series C-8IW
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring clip|
|Power Range (Watts)||up to 45|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
2-Way Driver Design: The JBL C-series C8IW in-wall loudspeaker employs a 2-way driver design with a 0.5" soft-dome polymer tweeter and one 8" poly cone woofer for powerful, room-filling JBL Signature sound. The JBL C-series in-wall loudspeaker delivers high power handling and high sensitivity for full, dynamic, and wide dispersion sound.
Applications: The JBL C-series C8IW can be used in a distributed audio application, as well as a 2ch stereo speaker setup. It can also be utilized in a home theater application as a front, center, or rear channel speaker.
Moisture Resistant: Built to last with quality materials, including a moisture-resistant design, make the C8IW in-wall loudspeaker perfect for bathroom installations.
Paintable Grille: The JBL C-series in-wall speaker comes with with a paintable grille to blend into your wall and decor. A paint shield is included. The grille protrudes 0.5" from the wall.
In-wall Installation: The JBL C-series in-wall loudspeaker is designed for standard drywall construction with at least 3/8" wall material thickness. For stereo or home theater listening, position the loudspeaker on th wall so the tweeter is close to ear-level. Standard "dog-leg" locking mechanisms are utilized to secure the speaker in the wall.
- The C8IW requires a rectangular cutout that measures 8.75" (w) x 12.875" (h) x 3.25" (d). Its outer frame measures 10.0625" (w) x 14.125 (h) x 0.5" (d).
- Make sure to leave at least 1" of open space (without obstruction) around the cutout behind the wall, so the speaker's locking mechanisms will have room to engage fully.
- Be sure that there are no studs, lengths of conduit, pipes, heating ducts or air returns in the wall cavity that will interfere with the speaker.
Spring Clip Terminals: The JBL C8IW is outfitted with a set of spring-clip terminals to attach your speaker wire. The spring-clip terminals will accommodate bare wire (up to 12AWG) and pin-connectors.