About the JBL Charge 3
Let it roar outdoors
Not just water-resistant: the Charge 3 is waterproof.
Let it roar outdoors
If outdoor adventure is a part of your life, you need a portable Bluetooth speaker that can keep up. The rugged JBL Charge 3 isn't just weather-resistant — it's full-on waterproof. So sand, surf, or snow won't affect it — or its ability to crank out your tunes with rich, full sound. The speaker's built-in rechargeable battery can deliver up to 20 hours of continuous operation. And the Charge 3 can also keep your smartphone recharged so the music can keep playing.
Big sound from a compact speaker
The Charge 3 uses two full-range drivers to give you clean, clear sound, with two passive radiators to reinforce the bass. Thanks to JBL's advanced digital signal processing, the Charge 3 can project rich, full sound despite its compact design. And if you want more volume, you can pair multiple Charge 3 speakers together and play them simultaneously.
When you receive a call on your paired phone, the Charge 3 turns into a speakerphone. Its built-in microphone uses SoundClear® technology to minimize echo and filter out ambient noise. Both you and your caller will enjoy a conversation with clear, natural sound.
- built-in Bluetooth
- range: 30 feet
- simultaneously pair multiple Charge 3 speakers devices to play simultaneously
- built-in microphone with SoundClear echo and noise cancellation
- call answer button for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- two full-range drivers with two passive bass radiators to reinforce low frequencies
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- IPX7 rated waterproof
- USB charging port (AC adapter and USB cable included)
- 6000mAh built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts up to 20 hours
- 8-3/8"W x 3-7/16"H x 3-1/2"D
- weight: 28.21 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLCHARGE3SQUADAM
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- USB-to-AC power adapter
- 40" microUSB-to-USB charging cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
More details on the JBL Charge 3
Bluetooth 4.1: The JBL Charge 3 is a self-powered Bluetooth (version 4.1) speaker which supports wireless audio streaming (A2DP 1.3/AVRCP 1.6) and hands-free communication (HFP 1.6/HSP 1.2), along with digital voice assistant integration for iPhone (Siri) and Android (Google Now). Up to two devices can be connected with the Charge 3 at once, so you and your friends can take turns streaming music. Once paired, the JBL Charge 3 will automatically re-connect with paired devices when in wireless range (up to 33').
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The JBL Charge 3 portable speaker streams stereo music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your smartphone, tablet, computer, laptop, or other device. You'll be able to control Play, Pause, & Skip functions from the speaker. You will need to continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for advanced music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- Hands-Free Communication: The JBL Charge 3 has a built-in microphone with echo and noise cancellation technologies, so you can use it as a hands-free speakerphone for your smartphone (including iPhone or Android). Use the Charge 3 to answer phone calls, talk on Skype, or with Facetime. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, manually enter phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
- Voice Assistant Integration: The JBL Charge 3's built-in mic can even act as an extension of the microphone on your Apple iPhone 4S and newer or compatible Android smartphone, so you can access Siri & Android's digital voice assistant (like Google Now). Simply press the Play/Pause button to activate your device's digital voice assistant. You will need to set this feature up through the JBL Connect App on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
Note: When the digital voice assistant is enabled through the app, the Play/Pause control function for wireless music streaming is disabled.
Full-Range JBL Sound: The JBL Charge 3 employs digital signal processing to generate room-filling audio from a compact speaker. Using dual 2" full-range drivers powered by a 20-watt amplifier and twin 2" side-firing passive radiators, the JBL Charge 3 delivers full JBL sound with punchy bass.
JBL Connect App with JBL Connect+: Use the JBL Connect App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 5.0+) to wirelessly link multiple JBL Connect+ enabled speakers, like the JBL Charge 3, together for amplified sound. You are able to link two speakers together so each speaker acts as a left or right channel for stereo sound. You can also link up to 100 speakers together so each speaker plays back both left and right channels for playback of the same Bluetooth source from multiple speakers. Software updates for the speaker can also be done using the JBL Connect app.
Note: The JBL Charge 3 requires a firmware update to utilize the JBL Connect+ feature.
IPX7 Waterproof: The JBL Charge 3 features a rugged, rubber housing and is covered with durable waterproof fabric. The JBL Charge 3 carries an IPX7 waterproof rating and can even be submerged in water (up to 1m for up to 30 minutes).
Note: To ensure that the JBL Charge 3 is waterproof, please remove all cable connections and tightly close the cap; exposing the JBL Charge 3 to liquids without doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker. And do not expose the JBL Charge 3 to water while charging, as doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker or power source.
Versatile Placement: The JBL Charge 3 stereo speaker plays from either a vertical or horizontal position, so you can place it in a variety of locations.
Aux Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the JBL Charge 3 is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
LED Indicator: A clearly visible LED lets you know when the built-in battery needs to be recharged, as well as when the JBL Charge 3 is in Bluetooth listening or pairing mode.
USB Charging (5V/2A): The JBL Charge 3 is capable of recharging the battery of your Bluetooth-enabled device from the speaker's built-in USB-A (5V/2.0A) port. Now you don't need to carry an extra charger to keep your devices powered up. This USB port does not support audio playback.
Rechargeable Battery: The JBL Charge 3 stereo speaker has a built-in, 3.7V/6000mAh Li-ion rechargeable battery that provides more than 20 hours of playback time on a single charge. The battery is easily recharged from the speaker's built-in USB port, using the included AC power adapter or a free USB port on your computer. A full battery charge takes approximately 4.5 hours. The AC power adapter can also be used to power the speaker.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
13 questions already asked