About the JBL Charge 4
Big sound for the big outdoors
Big sound for the big outdoors
Like to play hard outdoors? So does the JBL Charge 4 portable Bluetooth speaker. It features a rugged build for rough-and-tumble adventures, with a completely waterproof cloth and rubberized covering. The speaker cranks out big, bold sound with plenty of bass. And it can do so for up to 20 hours on a single battery charge. It can keep your smartphone or tablet powered up, too.
Sound that packs a punch
The Charge 4 uses a single full-range driver to give you clean, clear sound, with two passive radiators to reinforce the bass. JBL's advanced digital signal processing ensures rich, full sound from its compact design.
The app makes it happen
The JBL Connect app gives you total command over your Charge 4 speaker. It's a free download for your iPhone®, iPad®, or Android™ smartphone or tablet. Pair two Charge 4 speakers for spacious, stereo sound. You can also pair over 100 compatible JBL speakers together for one serious field party.
The app also lets you pair two devices simultaneously with the Charge 4.You and a friend can take turns playing tunes through the speaker for an awesome co-DJ'd playlist.
The Charge 4 has a USB-C port with a cable included for charging the speaker's built-in battery. USB-C means extremely fast power transfer, compared to standard USB. A separate USB charging output lets you refresh your mobile device's battery using your existing charging cable.
- Bluetooth 4.2 for high-fidelity streaming with compatible devices
- range: 30 feet
- IPX7-rated waterproof
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz
- JBL Connect app
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play
- remotely controls volume
- pair two Charge 4 speakers for stereo
- connect more than 100 compatible JBL speakers for simultaneous playback
- pair two with devices simultaneously
- 2" x 3-1/2" transducer with two passive bass radiators to reinforce low frequencies
- USB-C charging port (cable included)
- 7500mAh built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts up to 20 hours
- 8-5/8"W x 3-5/8"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 2.1 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLCHARGE4BLUAM
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- 4' USB-C to USB-A charging cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Important Safety Instructions
JBL Charge 4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Charge 4
Portable Waterproof Design: The JBL Charge 4 Bluetooth speaker features a rugged rubberized housing and a durable fabric material grille which will hold up indoors and outdoors. The Charge 4 is waterproof (IPX7-rated) which means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge the Charge 4 in water up to 1 meter (3') for up to 30 minutes. Its compact design fits easily into a backpack so you can take it anywhere with you.
- The Charge 4 can only be submerged in water for a short period of time. If the speaker is playing and then submerged in water, it will sound muffled, as anything submerged in water would sound like. Submerging the speaker more than 1 meter and for more than 30 minutes will damage the speaker as the water will penetrate through the waterproof barriers due to pressure.
- To ensure that the JBL Charge 4 is waterproof, please remove all cable connections and tightly close the cap; exposing the Charge 4 to liquids without doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker. Do not expose the Charge 4 to water while charging, as doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker or power source.
Full-Range JBL Sound: The JBL Charge 4 employs digital signal processing to generate room-filling audio from a compact speaker. Using a single 3.5" x 1.9375" driver, a 30-watt amplifier, and dual 2.25" passive radiators, the JBL Charge 4 delivers full-range JBL sound with punchy bass. The JBL Charge 4 stereo speaker can play from either a vertical or horizontal position, so you can place it in a variety of locations for great sound.
Bluetooth 4.2: The JBL Charge 4 portable speaker is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP 1.3) and playback control (AVRCP 1.6). You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, computer, or laptop) to the Charge 4. You'll also be able to control basic playback functions such as Play, Pause, & Skip from the speaker. You will need to continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for advanced music navigation and to view song/artist/album information.
Note: The JBL Charge 4 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.
JBL Portable App: Use the JBL Portable App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ or Android OS 5.0+) to wirelessly link multiple JBL Portable enabled speakers, like the JBL Charge 4, together for amplified sound. You are able to link two speakers together so each speaker acts as a left or right channel for stereo sound. You can also link up to 100 speakers together so each speaker plays back both left and right channels for playback of the same Bluetooth source from multiple speakers. Software updates for the speaker can also be done using the JBL Portable app.
Aux Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the JBL Charge 4 is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
USB Charging (5V/2A): The JBL Charge 4 is capable of recharging the battery of your Bluetooth-enabled device from the speaker's built-in USB-A (5V/2.0A) port. Now you don't need to carry an extra charger to keep your devices powered up. This USB port does not support audio playback.
Rechargeable Battery: The JBL Charge 4 stereo speaker has a built-in Lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery (7500mAH) that provides up to 20 hours of playback time. The Charge 4 speaker includes a USB-C port and a 4' USB-C to USB-A cable to aid in charging the built-in battery. The battery can be recharged from a 3rd party USB/AC power adapter (sold separately) or a free USB port on your computer. A full battery charge takes approximately 4 hours.
LED Indicators: Clearly visible LED let you know when the built-in battery needs to be recharged, as well as when the JBL Charge 4 is in Bluetooth listening or pairing mode.
The JBL Charge 4 replaces these items
- 6000mAh built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery lasts up to 20 hours
- built-in microphone with echo reduction and noise-cancellation for wireless speakerphone operation
- USB port to recharge smartphones and other compatible devices
17 questions already asked