About the JBL Club WS1000
Designed for versatility
Designed for versatility
If you're into bass, you've probably had to sell off subs at some point because they didn't fit in your plans to expand your system. JBL designed their Club Series WS1000BLK subwoofer for versatility. Its low-profile design allows it to fit into shallow enclosures, and its selectable impedance gives you flexibility in configuring your system. That means it'll fit in just about any vehicle and into any upgrades you make to your bass setup.
Unlike most other dual voice coil subs, this sub's Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI™) switch allows you to change impedance from 2 ohms to 4 ohms, the most commonly used impedances. This feature makes it easy to reconfigure your system when you add another Club Series subwoofer or upgrade your amplifier. The sub's polypropylene cone punches out bass as low as 35Hz and handles up to 200 watts RMS. It works equally well in sealed or ported enclosures, another example of its versatility.
- 10" component subwoofer
- polypropylene cone
- impedance selector switch (2 or 4 ohms)
- handles up to 200 watts RMS (800 peak)
- frequency response: 35-175 Hz
- sensitivity at 2.83V: 89 dB
- mounting depth: 3-5/16"
- grille not included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLCLUBWS1000BLK
What's in the box:
- One 10" Subwoofer (with impedance switch)
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ German/ Italian/ Dutch/ Finnish/ Russian/ Swedish/ Danish/ Japanese/ Polish/ Turkish/ Chinese/ Korean/ Indonesian)
- Technical data sheet
JBL Club WS1000 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Club WS1000
Features & specs
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||0.5|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||1.5|
|Port diameter (inches)||3|
|Port length (inches)||7|
|Dual Voice Coil||No|
89 dB at 2.83 volts |
|Frequency Response||35 - 175 Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||200|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||800|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||3 5/16|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||3 15/16|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||9 7/16|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI): A switch on the input terminal allows you to easily change the woofer's impedance between 2Ω and 4Ω settings. (The connected amplifier should be off when changing the impedance.)
- Sealed Box Volume: 0.5 ft³
- Ported Box Volume: 1.5 ft³ with one 3" diameter x 7" long port (tuned to 33 Hz)
- Free-Air: The woofer can also be mounted in free air to a baffle board (infinite baffle, no enclosure). When mounted in free air, the power handling is reduced by half (to 100 watts RMS).
- Band Pass: JBL recommends a bandpass enclosure with a sealed chamber volume of 0.75 ft³ and a ported chamber volume of 0.75 ft³ with one 4" diameter x 7.5" long port. Bandpass enclosures often provide the most output available from any amplifier and subwoofer combination, but at the expense of sonic accuracy.
Thiele-Small Parameters: Some of the parameters change based on the impedance setting:
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked