About the JBL Club A1000
Looking like it was carved out of a block of steel, JBL's Club A1000 mono subwoofer amplifier can blast your sub with up to 1,000 watts RMS. Its Class D design ensures the amp's high output won't be a burden on your vehicle's electrical system. The package includes a wired remote that lets you control the bass level from the front seat.
Compatible with almost any system
Speaker-level inputs and signal-sensing turn-on allow this amplifier to simply integrate into almost any system, even one using the factory radio — JBL includes wiring adapters to take care of that situation. You can use the low-pass filter and variable bass boost to maximize the performance of your subwoofer and enclosure, while a phase switch ensures that the bass works most efficiently with your full-range speakers.
JBL Club A1000 connection panel
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 1000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 2000 total watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms when strapped to a second Club A1000
- Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- phase switch (0, 180 degrees)
- wired remote bass control module included
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- bare wire to RCA adapters included for high-level input
- preamp outputs
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 35A x 3
- dimensions: 12-5/8"W x 2"H x 7-3/4"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AMPCBA1000AM
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- Six 35-amp ATO fuses (3 installed)
- 2 Speaker wire to RCA adapters
- Four 2-1/8" Screws
- Two 3/8" Screws
- Remote bass controller with 16.5' Cable attached (RJ25 plug on the end)
- Adhesive backed JBL logo
- 2 JBL stickers
- Owner's manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Club A1000
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
600 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1000 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-320 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Mono-Power Amp Design: The JBL Club A1000 is designed to power subwoofers, providing 600 watts RMS into 4Ω and 1,000 watts RMS into 2Ω. The built-in low pass crossover cannot be bypassed, so the output is not full-range.
Class D Design: The Class D switching power supply is more efficient than traditional class AB power supplies. This allows the amp to provide high output with less current draw from your vehicle's charging system.
Low Noise and Distortion: The balanced differential inputs ensure low noise and distortion, even at high output levels. This also makes it less susceptible to line induced and radiated engine noise.
Protection Circuitry: The amp will shut itself down in the following cases:
- Temperature: amplifier is overheated
- Over/Under Voltage: voltage at the +12V (Battery) terminal is less than 8.5 volts or more than 16 volts
- Short Circuit: short circuit in speaker or speaker wire
- DC Output: DC voltage on the speaker output
Power/Protection LED: The Power LED illuminates White when the amplifier is supplied power. The Protection LED will illuminate or flash Red when the amplifier goes into protect-mode.
Hidden Control Panel: A trim ring around the perimeter surrounds the top panel of the amp, which slides off to access all the controls.
Gain: Use the rotary gain control to match the level of the input signal. The input gain varies from 200mV to 20V, depending on how the Input Level switch is set.
Low Pass Filter: The low pass filter slope is 12 dB/octave and the crossover point is continuously variable from 32-320 Hz. The filter is always engaged (it cannot be bypassed).
Bass Boost: The Bass Boost control allows you to enhance the bass output of your system at 45Hz with an adjustment range of 0-12 dB.
Phase: You can set the subwoofer phase at 0° or 180°. While playing music with lots of bass, slide the phase switch back and forth and choose the setting that provides more bass.
- DC: Turns the amp on/off with the DC offset voltage in speaker-level signals.
- REM: Turns the amp on/off with the +12 volt remote output from the source unit connected to the REM terminal. This should always be selected when using line-level RCA inputs.
Input Level: 3-position switch sets the input sensitivity range of the gain control:
- Lo: 200mV to 2V; use with line-level inputs
- HI1: 2V to 20V; typically used with speaker-level inputs, but also compatible with high voltage line-level inputs
- HI2: 2V to 20V; use with speaker-level inputs when the HI1 setting has no output; HI2 has a load circuit designed to look like a speaker to the factory audio system, and should be used only if HI1 doesn't work
RBC Remote Level Control: The amp has an RJ-25 jack for use with the included RBC (Remote Bass Control) wired remote module. The remote has a 16.5' cable to connect the module to the amplifier. This remote allows you to adjust the subwoofer output level from the listening position and includes hardware to mount it under the dash.
- Width: 1¾" (2⅜" including the mounting flanges)
- Height: 1"
- Depth: 1½" (2½" including the knob and cable)
Signal Input: A single pair of RCA input jacks is used for either line-level or speaker-level signals. If using speaker-level, two speaker wire to RCA adapters are provided, featuring an RCA plug on one end and two wire ports with set-screws on the other. The adapters can accept up to 16-gauge speaker wire.
Speaker Output: The two pair of set screw speaker output terminals will accommodate up to 8-gauge wire.
Note: Having two sets of terminals makes it easier to connect two subwoofers. The terminals are internally shorted together (parallel).
Remote Level Control: The RJ-25 port is used with the provided RBC remote sub-level control.
- +12V: set screw terminal for power wire from battery; accommodates up to 4-gauge wire (4-gauge minimum recommended)
- Remote: set screw terminal for remote turn-on lead; accommodates up to 8-gauge wire
- Ground: set screw terminal for ground; accommodates up to 4-gauge wire (4-gauge minimum recommended)
Fuses: Three 35-amp ATO fuses are installed on the amp's chassis. Three spare 35-amp fuses are also provided.
The JBL Club A1000 replaces these items