About the JBL Club 1024
Quality and versatility
Quality and versatility
JBL first began manufacturing audio equipment in 1946, and they've been responsible for some of the major advancements in sound reproduction and reinforcement since then. Their latest Club Series car subwoofers also put the spotlight on versatility, giving you the ability to vary the sub's impedance with the flip of a switch.
JBL's Club Series 1024 sub sports a 2" voice coil for exceptional power handling, while airflow from the cone's movement cools the voice coil for increased reliability. The sub's Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI™) switch allows you to change impedance from 2 ohms to 4 ohms, so you can optimize the sub for your amplifier. This feature makes it easy to reconfigure your system when you add another Club Series subwoofer or upgrade your amplifier.
Ready to rock
This sub features a polypropylene cone for enhanced stiffness with a nitrile rubber surround that'll stand up the abuses of life in an automobile. The stamped steel basket provides a stable home so this sub can play accurately. The Club 1024 handles up to 250 watts RMS, and works equally well in sealed or ported enclosures, another example of its versatility.
To drive this single subwoofer, we recommend a mono amplifier rated between 200 and 375 watts RMS at 2 or 4 ohms. For more information, please refer to our article on How to Match Subwoofers and Amplifiers.
- 10" component subwoofer
- switchable 2- or 4-ohm impedance
- polypropylene cone
- nitrile rubber surround
- power handling: 250 watts RMS (1000 watts peak)
- frequency response: 30-175 Hz
- sensitivity (2.83V at 1 meter): 92 dB
- mounting depth: 5-11/16"
- mounting height: 11/16"
- sealed box volume: 0.5 cubic feet
- ported box volume: 1.5 cubic feet
- grille not included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLCLUB1024AM
What's in the box:
- One 10" Subwoofer (with impedance switch)
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish/ Portuguese/ German/ Italian/ Dutch/ Finnish/ Russian/ Swedish/ Danish/ Japanese/ Polish/ Turkish/ Chinese/ Korean/ Indonesian)
More details on the JBL Club 1024
Features & specs
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||0.5|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||1.5|
|Port diameter (inches)||3|
|Port length (inches)||11.3|
|Dual Voice Coil||No|
92 dB at 2.83 volts |
|Frequency Response||30 - 175 Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||250|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||1000|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||5 5/8|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||9|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI): A switch on the input terminal allows you to easily change the woofer's impedance between 2Ω and 4Ω settings. (The connected amplifier should be off when changing the impedance.) The power handling is the same for either setting; 250 watts RMS/1000 watts peak.
- Sealed Box Volume: 0.5 ft³
- Ported Box Volume: 1.5 ft³ with one 3" diameter x 11.3" long port (tuned to 30 Hz)
- Free-Air: The woofer can also be mounted in free air to a baffle board (infinite baffle, no enclosure). When mounted in free air, the power handling is reduced by half (to 125 watts RMS).
- Band-Pass: JBL also recommends a prefabricated band-pass enclosure, but no volume specifications are listed in the manual. Band-pass enclosures often provide the most output available from any amplifier and subwoofer combination, but at the expense of sonic accuracy.
Thiele-Small Parameters: Some of the parameters change based on the impedance setting: