About the JBL Club A1kW
Although it looks like it belongs in the cockpit of a stealth bomber, JBL's Club 1kW mono subwoofer amplifier can actually deliver up to a blistering 1,000 watts RMS to your subwoofer. The Class D amplifier design ensures the amp's high output won't put too much strain your vehicle's electrical system.
Works in almost any vehicle
Speaker-level inputs allow this amplifier to integrate into almost any system, even one using your car's factory radio — and JBL includes RCA-to-speaker wire adapters so you'll make the right connections. You can use the low-pass filter and variable bass boost to maximize the performance of your subwoofer and enclosure, while a phase switch ensures that the bass will blend well with your full-range speakers.
Club A1kW input and control panel
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (1000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
- Class D amp technology
- frequency response: 10-320 Hz
- variable low-pass filter (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- phase switch (0, 180 degrees)
- wired remote level control included
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs (speaker wire-to-RCA adapters included)
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 35A x 3
- dimensions: 14-11/16"W x 2-3/8"H x 7-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CLUBA1KWAM
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- Six 35A ATO fuses (3 installed)
- 2 Bare wire-to-RCA adapters
- Remote bass control module
- 16.5' Remote control cable (RJ-25 plugs on both ends)
- 2 Self-tapping screws for remote (M3 x 15mm)
- 4 Mounting screws (M4 x 53mm)
- Owner's Manual
JBL Club A1kW reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Club A1kW
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
600 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||2400 x 1|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||1000 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||---|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-320 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The JBL Club A1kW is part of the Club series of car audio amplifiers. This Class D mono amplifier will accept both high-level and low-level inputs. Class D amplifiers are highly efficient and compact, generating lots of power without drawing much current or generating heat. The unit comes with a remote bass control, spare fuses, speaker wire-to-RCA adapters, and mounting hardware.
Power Output: The Club A1kW delivers the following power output:
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (<1.0% THD+N)
- 1000 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms (<1.0% THD+N)
- 2400 watts x 1 peak
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuitry for thermal overload, over- or under-voltage (<9V or >16V), DC voltage on the output, and short circuits. The LED on the top of the amp glows red if the amp goes into protection mode.
Controls: The Club A1kW's controls are located on one side of the amplifier. The rotary controls require a small screwdriver (not included) to make adjustments. The amp controls include:
- Gain: The rotary gain controls let you match the amp's input sensitivity to the output of the source unit.
- Input Level: The Input Level switch lets you select the type of input you are using. For high-level input, there are two settings: Hi1 and Hi2. If the audio system fails to play with an amplifier connected to its output, or you get a "speaker disconnected" message on your factory stereo, set the switch to the Hi2 position. The Hi2 position includes a circuit design to fool this type of factory system into "seeing" a speaker connected to its output.
- Crossover: The amp features a low-pass filter with an adjustable cutoff frequency from 32Hz to 320Hz using the rotary control.
- Bass Boost: The bass boost is variable from 0-12dB at 45 Hz.
- Phase Switch: The amp has a 2-way Phase Switch that lets you invert the phase of the speaker output by 180°. When the subwoofer is out of phase with the other speakers in the vehicle, sound waves cancel each other and the bass response suffers. If the bass response is poor, inverting the phase of the subwoofer may improve it.
Rotary Bass Control (RBC): The Club A1kW includes a Remote Bass Control (RBC) to raise and lower the bass output level from the driver's seat, center console, or other convenient location. The RBC comes with a 16-1/2' cable.
Connections: The JBL Club A1kW uses set screw terminals for the +12V power, ground, turn-on (remote) lead, and speaker outputs. The screws can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head or flat-head screwdriver (not provided). The amp connections include:
- Power/Ground: The +12V Power and Ground terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wire. It is recommended that you a 4 AWG power wire to the battery, with an in-line fuse (105A minimum) installed no more than 18" from the battery terminal. A 4 AWG ground wire (minimum) is also recommended, and attached to a metal area close to the amplifier.
- Remote Turn-On: The Remote terminal will accept up to 8 AWG wire. Typically, an 18 AWG turn-on lead is included in an amplifier wiring kit.
- Speaker Outputs: The amp features screw terminals for connecting two speakers. The terminals are wired internally in parallel. The amp's minimum speaker impedance is 2 ohms, so you can connect one or two 4-ohm subwoofers, a 2-ohm subwoofer, or one subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils.
- Speaker-Level Input: The amp includes two bare wire-to-RCA adapters for connecting the amp to a factory radio or aftermarket head unit without preamp outputs. You should attach the left and right speaker wires from the head unit to each adapter and plug the adapter's RCA plug into the amp.
- Line-Level Inputs: The amplifier is equipped with one pair of RCA inputs for connecting stereo RCA patch cables from the head unit to the amp. If your source unit only has one subwoofer output, a "Y" adapter should be used to split the mono signal into two outputs.
- Preamp Output: A pair of RCA outputs is provided for sending a line-level signal to a second amplifier. This allows you to daisy-chain two amps without having to run separate signal cables from the source unit.
- Remote Bass Control (RBC): The amp has a RJ-25 modular "phone" jack for connecting the supplied Remote Bass Control.
The JBL Club A1kW replaces these items
2 questions already asked