About the JBL Club 4505
Although this futuristic JBL looks like it belongs in the cockpit of a stealth bomber, the Club 4505 5-channel amplifier will deliver 45 watts RMS to each of the front and rear speakers in your car, while sending up to 500 watts RMS to your subwoofer — a much smarter ratio of subwoofer-to-full-range power than most 5-channel amps. Got some high-performance components? You can bridge the amp to 3-channel mode to power them with 130 watts RMS each while driving your sub with 500 watts RMS.
Specialized high-tech integration features
And speaking of the future, this amp features an ADAS input, which lets you keep your advanced driver assistance system's (ADAS) warning messages after you've replaced the factory receiver or amplifier. You can select which channel plays your messages, so you'll hear lane departure or blind spot warnings, for example, through your system loud and clear. And if your vehicle comes equipped with a Harman HALOsonic noise cancellation/enhancement system, you can plug it right into the Club 4505 and enjoy a super quiet (or an engine-roaring) ride along with your music.
Works in almost any vehicle
Speaker-level inputs allow this amplifier to integrate into almost any system, even one using your car's factory radio. Separate high- and low-pass filters on the front and rear channels tune the sound to perfectly fit your speakers. The subwoofer channel features a low-pass filter, bass boost, and phase switch to tune the bass for your subwoofer.
Club 4505 input and control panel
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 45 watts RMS x 4 + 320 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 65 watts RMS x 4 + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 130 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- variable high- and low-pass filters (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on front and rear channels
- low-pass filter (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on subwoofer channel
- bass boost on subwoofer channel (0-9 dB at 45 Hz)
- phase switch on subwoofer channel (0, 180 degrees)
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- ADAS and HALOsonic inputs for advanced integration in select vehicles
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 30A x 3
- dimensions: 15-5/8"W x 2-1/4"H x 7-7/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CLUB-4505AM
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel amplifier
- Six 30A ATO fuses (3 installed)
- 4 Bare wire-to-RCA adapters
- 4 Mounting screws (M4 x 53mm)
- Quick-connect Guide
- 2 JBL stickers
More details on the JBL Club 4505
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
45 x 4 |
320 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||65 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||130 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||0 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||85 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost||0-9 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The JBL Club-4505 is part of the Club series of car audio amplifiers. This Class D 5-channel amplifier will accept both high-level and low-level inputs. Class D amplifiers are highly efficient and compact, generating lots of power without drawing much current or generating heat. The unit comes with spare fuses, speaker wire-to-RCA adapters, and mounting hardware.
Power Output: The Club-4505 delivers the following power output:
- Full Range Channels:
- 45 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (<1.0% THD+N)
- 65 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms (<1.0% THD+N)
- 130 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms bridged (<1.0% THD+N)
- Subwoofer Channel:
- 320 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (<1.0% THD+N)
- 500 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms (<1.0% THD+N)
HALOsonic Compatible: JBL Club full range amplifiers are compatible with the Harman HALOsonic noise management system found in select vehicles. HALOsonic utilizes a combination of Active Noise Cancellation and Electronic Sound Synthesis to greatly reduce engine noise and road noise in the cabin, making for a much quieter ride. The amp features a 3.5mm connection to interface with the HALOsonic system.
ADAS: The Club-4505 has an RJ45 port for the Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) that can override the audio source input to deliver a message or other audio from a connected ADAS accessory. On the amplifier, you can designate which speaker the ADAS signal is output: Front left, front right, rear left, or rear right.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuitry for thermal overload, over- or under-voltage (<9V or >16V), and short circuits. The LED on the top of the amp glows red if the amp goes into protection mode.
Controls: The Club-4505's controls are located on one side of the amplifier. The rotary controls require a small screwdriver (not included) to make adjustments. The amp controls include:
- Gain: The rotary gain controls let you match the amp's input sensitivity to the output of the source unit. There are separate gain controls for the front, rear, and subwoofer channels.
- Input Level: The Input Level switch lets you select the type of input you are using. For high-level input, there are two settings: Hi1 and Hi2. If the audio system fails to play with an amplifier connected to its output, or you get a "speaker disconnected" message on your factory stereo, set the switch to the Hi2 position. The Hi2 position includes a circuit design to fool this type of factory system into "seeing" a speaker connected to its output.
- Crossovers: The amp features switchable crossovers for the front and rear channels that can be set to low pass (LPF), high pass (HPF), or Full Range. The subwoofer channel has a non-defeatable low pass filter. You can adjust the cutoff frequency of the crossovers from 32Hz to 320Hz using the independent rotary controls.
- Bass Boost: You can apply up to 9 dB of bass boost, centered at 45 Hz, using the rotary control.
- Phase: You can switch the phase of the subwoofer from 0° to 180°.
Connections: The JBL Club-4505 uses set screw terminals for the +12V power, ground, turn-on (remote) lead, and speaker outputs. The screws can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head or flat-head screwdriver (not provided). The amp connections include:
- Power/Ground: The +12V Power and Ground terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wire. It is recommended that you use a minimum of 4 AWG power wire to the battery, with an in-line 90A fuse installed no more than 18" from the battery terminal. A 4 AWG ground wire (minimum) is also recommended, and attached to a metal area close to the amplifier.
- Remote Turn-On: The Remote terminal will accept up to 8 AWG wire. Typically, an 18 AWG turn-on lead is included in an amplifier wiring kit.
- Speaker Outputs: The amp features screw terminals that accept up to 8 AWG wire for connecting five speakers. There are markings on the terminals for bridging the amplifier.
- Speaker-Level Input: The amp includes four bare wire-to-RCA adapters for connecting the amp to a factory radio or aftermarket head unit without preamp outputs. You should attach each speaker wire from the head unit to an adapter and plug the adapter's RCA plug into the amp.
- Line-Level Inputs: The amplifier is equipped with three pairs of RCA inputs for connecting stereo RCA patch cables from the head unit to the amp.