About the JBL Club 5000C
The well-rounded component system
The well-rounded component system
It's simple. Your factory speakers are getting you down. JBL's Club Series speakers are the clear solution. JBL equipped these Club 5000C 5-1/4" component speakers with UV-resistant polypropylene woofers for stellar performance even under the stickiest (or chilliest) environmental conditions — after all, your car door isn't the most forgiving place to reside.
The speaker's patented Plus One™ woofer structure extends the surface area of the cone to give you a better midbass experience than other speakers this size. The separate 3/4" edge-driven PEI tweeter expands the high-frequency range, so you'll hear musical details that you never heard from your old speakers.
A match for any system
The Club 5000C's low-impedance design safely draws more power from your car stereo to give your music extra punch, but you'll get even better results feeding them power from an outboard amp.
Woofer grilles are not included; the factory grilles should be suitable for most applications.
- component speaker system includes two woofers, two tweeters, and two crossovers
- 5-1/4" polypropylene Plus One woofer cone
- 3/4" edge-driven soft dome tweeter
- handles up to 55 watts RMS (165 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 70-20,000 Hz
- impedance: 3 ohms
- sensitivity: 91 dB @ 2.83 volts
- woofer top-mount depth: 1-13/16"
- grilles not included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CLUB 5000CAM
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (each has attached 6" speaker leads)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Tweeter flush-mount housings
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Tweeter surface-mount housings
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Eight 1-3/8" Screws
- Eight 1-1/8" Screws
- 8 Speed clips
- Six 5/8" Flat head screws
- 2 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- Instruction manual
- 2 JBL window stickers
- Template on box
JBL Club 5000C reviews
Installed in a 2001 Toyota Tacoma Xtra Cab, along with a Kenwood amp and Sony apple car play stereo. Tweeters fit in factory position. Woofers easily fit with the adapter plate. Seems like high quality construction. The tweeters were too bright, so the high frequency EQs were tuned down. There is practically no bass, as would be expected with such small speakers. However, the sound is plenty loud, particularly for a pickup.
Pros: Easy installation Great sound quality
Cons: No bass
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the JBL Club 5000C
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||5 1/4|
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Edge-Driven Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||88|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||91|
|Frequency Response||70 - 20k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||55|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||165|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||1 13/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 1/2|
Plus One+ Woofer Cones: Each speaker uses a larger cone than other speakers of the same size. This is accomplished by using a unique basket design and hi-roll surround. The Plus One+ design offers greater bass output and an increase in efficiency.
High-Output Design: The 3Ω voice coil design compensates for the high in-line resistance of small gauge factory wiring, extracting more power from factory (or aftermarket) receivers. This results in clearer, richer sound for the listener.
Tweeter Mounting: The I-Mount tweeter mounting system and Starfish mounting brackets give you several different ways to mount the tweeters:
- I-Mount: The tweeters can be surface-mounted
or flush-mounted with JBL's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting uses the threaded flush-mount housing and plastic locking nut. Once a cutout is made, the tweeter is installed in the flush-mount adapter, then into the flush mount housing and inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the adapter (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the complete assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish
mounting brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory
locations behind the existing grilles:
- Bottom Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Surface Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the top of the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount: There are two sets of tabs to flush mount the tweeter in the Starfish bracket, yielding different mounting dimensions. The upper tabs mount the tweeter completely below the opening and are glued in place. The lower mounting tabs are screwed in place and result in a mounting height just under 3/8". Once the bracket is mounted, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Bottom Mount||Starfish Surface Mount||Starfish Flush Mount||Starfish Flush Mount (below mounting surface)|
|Depth||screw depth||0.784"||0.950"||screw depth||0.470"||0.572"|
Crossover Connections: The crossover inputs and outputs are screw terminals; they will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.31" wide. There are two mounting holes in each crossover.
- Width: 2.46"
- Height: 1.085"
- Depth: 2.22" (plus wire)
1 question already asked