About the JBL Club A600
Looking like it was carved out of a block of steel, JBL's Club A600 mono subwoofer amplifier can blast out up to 600 watts RMS to your sub. The Class D design ensures the amp's high output won't put too much strain your vehicle's electrical system. A wired remote lets you control the bass level from the front seat.
Compatible with almost any system
Speaker-level inputs and signal-sensing turn-on allow this amplifier to simply integrate into almost any system, even one using the factory radio. You can use the low-pass filter and variable bass boost to maximize the performance of your subwoofer and enclosure, while a phase switch ensures that the bass will blend well with your full-range speakers.
JBL Club A600 connection panel
- mono subwoofer amplifier
- 350 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Class D amp technology
- variable low-pass filter (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- variable bass boost (0-12 dB at 45 Hz)
- phase switch (0, 180 degrees)
- wired remote bass control module included
- preamp and speaker-level inputs
- bare wire to RCA adapters included for high-level input
- wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 8-gauge power and ground leads recommended
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- dimensions: 8-11/16"W x 2-1/16"H x 7-1/8"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # AMPCBA600AM
What's in the box:
- Mono amplifier
- Four 30A fuses (2 installed/2 spares)
- 2 Speaker to RCA adapters
- RBC Remote level control w/ attached 16.5' cable (RJ-25 terminated)
- Four 2-1/8" screws
- Two 3/8" screws
- Logo badge w/ adhesive backing
- Owner's manual (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
JBL Club A600 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Club A600
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
350 x 1 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||600 x 1|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||N/A|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||10-320 Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||---|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||80 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||N/A|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||N/A|
|Bass Boost||0-12 dB|
|Bass Boost Frequency||45 Hz|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Mono-Power Amp Design: The JBL Club A600 is designed with specific features to power subwoofers, providing 350W RMS @ 4Ω and 600W RMS @ 2Ω. This amplifier is not designed to power a full-range speaker.
- Note: The JBL Club A600 does not include any wiring; an 8 ga. amp wiring kit is recommended (sold separately).
Class D Design: The Club A600 is equipped with a high-performance Class D switching power supply, which is more efficient than traditional class AB power supplies. This allows the amp to run cooler and provide high output with less current draw from your vehicle's charging system.
Low Noise & Distortion: The A600 amplifier features balanced differential inputs to ensure low noise and distortion, even at high output levels. This also makes it less susceptible to line induced, radiated engine noise.
Protection Circuitry: The amp features 3-way protection, and will shut itself down in the following cases:
- Temperature: Amplifier is overheated
- Over/Under Voltage: Voltage at the +12V (Battery) terminal is less than 8.5V or more than 16V
- Short Circuit: Short circuit in speaker or speaker wire
Power/Protection LED: The amplifier features a Power/Protection LED on the input side of the unit. The Power/Protect LED lights solid when the amplifier is operating normally, and will flash when the amplifier goes into protect mode.
Compact Size: The Club A600 is housed in a compact chassis with a small footprint, allowing it to fit in more vehicles where mounting space is limited.
Hidden Control Panel: The top panel of the Club A600 can unsnap and slide off to access all of the amp's controls. A plastic trim-ring must be unsnapped from around the perimeter of the amp before the top panel can be removed.
Gain: Rotary control to match the level of the preamp input signal. When using RCA preamp inputs, the Gain sensitivity has a range from 200mVrms to 2.0Vrms. When using high-level speaker inputs, the sensitivity range is from 2Vrms to 20Vrms.
Low Pass Filter: The Club A600 has a variable 12dB per octave, 32-320Hz low pass filter to prevent unwanted high-frequencies from reaching your subwoofers so they can play deeper and louder.
Bass Boost: The Bass Boost control allows you to enhance the bass output of your system at 45Hz with an adjustment range of 0-12dB.
Phase Switch: Allows you to select normal or reverse for best bass.
Turn-On Mode: Lets you select whether you are using high- or low-level input signals.
- DC: Allows the amp to power on/off with speaker-level signals.
- REM: Allows the amp to power on/off when the REM terminal gets +12V from the headunit's remote output. This should be selected when using the RCA low-level inputs.
RBC Remote Level Control: The amp has an RJ-25 jack for use with the included RBC (Remote Bass Control) remote sub-level control module. The control module includes a 16.5' cable to connect the remote to the amplifier. This sub-level controller allows the subwoofer level to be adjusted from the listening position and includes hardware to mount it under the dash.
Preamp & Speaker Input: A single pair of RCA jacks is used for both low-level and high-level signals. If using high-level, 2 speaker wire-to-RCA adapters are provided. These feature an RCA plug on one end and 2 wire ports with set-screws on the other end. These can accept up to 18 ga. speaker wire.
Speaker Output: Features 4 set screw terminals for connecting speaker wires; accommodating up to 10 ga. (16 ga. minimum recommended).
Note: There are two sets of terminals to make it easier to connect multiple subwoofers. The terminals are connected internally in parallel.
Remote Level Control: RJ-25 socket for use with the provided RBC remote sub-level control.
- +12V: Set screw terminal for power wire from battery; handles up to 4 gauge wire (8 gauge minimum recommended)
- Remote: Set screw terminal for remote turn-on lead; handles up to 10 gauge wire (18 gauge minimum recommended)
- Ground: Set screw terminal for ground; handles up to 4 gauge wire (8 gauge minimum recommended)
Fuses: 2 Slots for 30A ATC fuses (installed). Two spare 30A fuses are also provided.
The JBL Club A600 replaces these items
9 questions already asked