About the JBL Clip 2
Get wet and wild
Yes, the Clip 2 is totally waterproof.
Get wet and wild
The original JBL Clip was a Crutchfield customer favorite and we think the Clip 2 will be, too. It has all the great features of the original Clip — lightweight, durable, great sound — and it's completely waterproof. So the Clip 2 is ideal for outdoor listening whether you're seaside, on the slopes, or just hanging by the pool. And with an extended battery life of 8 hours, the Clip 2 lets you make a day of it.
Designed for travel
Integrated into the body of the Clip 2 is a sturdy carabiner clip. Just hook it on your backpack, bag, or belt and set out for adventure. You can wirelessly stream music from your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth. The Clip 2 also has a built-in stereo mini cable to plug into your device's headphone jack. The cable reels into the speaker's back panel when not in use, so you don't have to keep track of a separate cord.
If you get a call while you're listening to music on your phone, you can hit the play button to talk hands-free. The Clip 2 has a built-in microphone so both you and your caller will enjoy a clear conversation.
- built-in Bluetooth streams music wirelessly from your smartphone, tablet, or other compatible device
- integrated carabiner-style clip
- IPX7 waterproof rubberized casing
- internal microphone for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- attached 10.5" cable with 3.5mm mini connector to plug into portable devices
- built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery lasts up to 8 hours
- USB Type-A-to-USB mini charging cable included
- 3-5/8"W x 5-1/2"H x 1-11/16"D
- weight: 6.5 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLCLIP2GRAYAM
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker (attached 14" stereo minijack cable)
- Caribiner clip (installed)
- 12" microUSB-to-USB charging cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
JBL Clip 2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Clip 2
Bluetooth 3.0 The JBL Clip 2 is a self-powered Bluetooth (v.4.1) portable speaker that is ideal for your Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your Apple iPod/iPhone/iPad, Android smartphone/tablet, Windows Phone/PC, Mac computer/laptop, or other Bluetooth certified devices. The JBL Clip 2 supports Bluetooth audio streaming (A2DP 1.3/AVRCP 1.6) and Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP 1.6/HSP 1.2), as well as a simple pairing procedure.
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The JBL Clip 2 portable speaker streams stereo music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your smartphone, tablet, computer, laptop, or other device. You'll be able to control Play & Pause functions from the speaker. You will need to continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for advanced music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- Hands-Free Communication: The JBL Clip 2 has a built-in, noise-free & echo-free microphone so you can use it as a hands-free speaker phone. Use the Clip 2 to answer phone calls, talk on Skype, or with Facetime. A long press of the call-answer button will activate the voice command feature of your smartphone (if applicable). You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, manually enter phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
- Simple Secure Pairing: A single button press pairs your Bluetooth-enabled device with the Clip 2 speaker. Once paired, the JBL Clip 2 will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JBL Clip 2.
Full-Range Driver: The JBL Clip 2 houses a single 1.5" full-range driver with powered by a built-in 3W amplifier. It has a frequency range of 120Hz to 20kHz (-6dB) and signal-to-noise ratio of 80dB.
Wireless Daisy Chain: You can also wirelessly connect two Clip 2 speakers together via Bluetooth to enjoy amplified sound.
IPX7 Waterproof: The JBL Clip 2 features a rugged, rubber housing and is covered with durable waterproof fabric. The JBL Clip 2 carries an IPX7 waterproof rating and can even be submerged in water (up to 1m for up to 30 minutes).
Note: To ensure that the JBL Clip 2 is waterproof, please remove all cable connections and tightly close the cap; exposing the JBL Clip 2 to liquids without doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker. And do not expose the JBL Clip 2 to water while charging, as doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker or power source.
Built-in Carabiner: The JBL Clip 2 is lightweight, rugged, and comes with a built-in carabiner letting you hook it easily to whatever clothes you're wearing or backpack you're shouldering.
Integrated Aux Cable: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the JBL Clip 2 features an integrated 14" Aux cable terminated by a 3.5mm connector for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
Rechargeable Battery: The JBL Clip 2 Bluetooth speaker has a built-in Lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery (3.7V/730mAh) that provides up to 8 hours of playback time. You can easily recharge the battery using the included USB cable and a free USB port on your computer or 3rd party AC/USB adapter (sold separately). Charging time is approximately 2.5 hours.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked