About the JBL Cruise X
Super sound for your side-by-side
Super sound for your side-by-side
JBL's Cruise X audio system makes it a whole lot easier to upgrade the audio on your off-road vehicle. This weather-resistant, Bluetooth®-enabled speaker system mounts easily on most side-by-sides using the included hardware. It's made for life on the trail and built to last.
Designed specifically for off-road vehicles, the Cruise lets you stream your tunes from any Bluetooth-enabled device. Each pod houses a heavy-duty JBL 3" speaker powered by 20 watts from the system's amplifier, so you'll hear your music with remarkable clarity, even at full-throttle. The sleek, aerodynamic speaker pods are IPx5 marine-rated, so they'll stand up to all the moisture and muck you get into.
The wired remote control gives you convenient control over Bluetooth pairing, volume, play/pause, and track forward/back. It can be flush-mounted or installed under the dash.
The Cruise X features an RCA input and an output, so it's easy to add it to an existing system or just bump up your Cruise X system with a powered subwoofer or sound bar. Wiring is sold separately.
- four-speaker Bluetooth® speaker system for side-by-side off-road vehicles
- package includes:
- 4 speaker pods (each with a 3" speaker)
- marine amplifier (4 channels x 20 watts)
- wired remote control
- mounting brackets and hardware
- four 9-3/4' speaker cables with sealed connectors
- designed for easy operation, even with gloves
- RCA auxiliary input and output for easy expandability
- Bluetooth for music streaming
- sealed speaker connections
- IPX5-rated for weather resistance
- frequency response: 120 to 20,000 Hz
- power lead includes a 10-amp fuse
- wiring sold separately
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # CRUISEXAM
What's in the box:
- 4 Weather-resistant speakers w/integrated mounting arms and attached 13" speaker cable (terminated in a 2-pin ring-lock connector)
- 4-Channel Bluetooth amplifier w/attached 7" wiring harness (inline 10A ATO fuse)
- Dash-mount remote control w/attached 8' cable (terminated in a 3.5mm TRRS jack)
- Mounting collar & 2 rubber grommets (installed on remote control)
- 118" Speaker cables (ring-lock connector on one end / 2-pin Molex on other end)
- 4 Mounting clamps
- Remote control mounting bracket
- Spare 10A ATO fuse
- Four 5/8" screws
- Two 1/4" screws
- Sixteen 5.5" wire ties
- 4 Plastic caps
- Quickstart guide (Eng/Span/Fren/Others)
- Warranty information
- Safety Instructions
JBL Cruise X reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Cruise X
Overview: The JBL Cruise X speaker system includes an all-weather, 4-channel Bluetooth amplifier and 4 speaker pods, all designed for use in UTVs, side-by-sides, and other powersports vehicles.
Note: The JBL Cruise X does not include amplifier wiring and will require a minimum 12ga. amplifier wiring kit (sold separately).
Speakers: The four JBL Cruise X speakers are each comprised of a 3" (75mm) full-range driver housed in a sealed enclosure that's designed to be mounted to rails or roll-cage tubing. Each speaker features a built-in mount that allows it to swivel and tilt up to 22˚, with 360˚ of rotation, for optimal aiming. Adjustable clamps allow each speaker to be mounted to tubing up to 3.25" in diameter. Each speaker includes a built-in 13" speaker cable that's terminated in a ring-lock connector, providing a water-tight seal for the speaker wires. 118" speaker cables with matching ring-lock connectors are provided for running to the Bluetooth amplifier, each attaching to the amp's four Molex speaker-input connectors.
Bluetooth Amplifier: The JBL Cruise X speaker system includes a compact, weather-resistant 4-channel amplifier that's designed to drive the included speaker pods with up to 20W RMS power. Integrated Bluetooth technology lets you stream music to the amp from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone or tablet, with up to 124' of outdoor range. The amp features Bluetooth version 4.2 and supports A2DP V1.3 and AVRCP V1.6 playback.
Note: Bluetooth HF phone calls are not supported.
Amplifier Wiring: The 4-channel amplifier features a built-in 7" wiring harness with all of its inputs and outputs included:
- Power/Ground/Remote: The amp's wiring harness includes a Power lead, with inline 10A ATO fuse, that will need to be connected to the vehicle's battery, and a Ground lead for attaching to the vehicle chassis. A Remote In wire will need to be connected to a switched +12V power source for activating the amp. An additional Remote Out wire is provided for activating an optional amp.
- Aux Input/Output: Along with Bluetooth audio playback, the Cruise X amplifier also includes a set of stereo RCA Inputs for a wired audio connection. An additional set of RCA Outputs is included for running playback signals out to an optional amplifier (sold separately).
- Speaker Outputs: Each of the 4 sets of speaker output wires is terminated in a 2-pin Molex plug for connecting to the included speaker cables.
- USB: A USB (type-A, 2.0) port is provided for charging
your device while streaming. The port provides a 5V/1A output and includes a
protective rubber cap when not in use.
Note: The USB port does not support audio playback.
- Remote Control Input: A 3.5mm socket on a 7" lead is provided on the amp for connecting the included dash-mounted wired remote control. The remote control includes a built-in 8' cable for running to the amplifier. A single rotary/push-button knob lets you initiate Pairing, control Volume Up and Down, Play/Pause, and Track Select Up/Down. The wired remote control is designed to be mounted into a dash or console, requiring a 0.98" hole to be drilled in the mounting surface, and approximately 2.24" of mounting depth. The remote can be mounted in surfaces up to 1.35" thick.
Rear Speaker Attenuator: A 3-way switch on the amplifier lets you attenuate the rear speakers, relative to the front, if desired. Options include: 0dB, -3dB, and -6dB.
Protection Circuit: A built-in Protection circuit is provided that can shut the amp off if one of the following is detected: DC on the speaker outputs, Over-Voltage, Under-Voltage, Over-Current, and Over-Heating (Thermal). A Power/Protection LED on the amp will light green, if operating nominally, and red if the protection circuit kicks in.
Marine Rated: The JBL Cruise X Bluetooth speaker system carries an IPX5 weather-proof rating, making it ideal for powersports applications.
Mounting: The compact Cruise X amplifier features 4 key-hole slots for mounting to a flat surface using the provided hardware.