About the JBL Flip 5 Eco
The JBL Flip 5 Eco is made from 90% recycled plastic.
If you love the planet (and music), check out the JBL Flip 5 Eco edition. This portable Bluetooth speaker is made with 90% recycled plastic material. It comes with a protective case made from biodegradable materials, ready for outdoor adventure. This rugged Flip 5 Eco is completely waterproof, making it the ideal speaker for sand, surf, or snow.
The Flip 5 Eco features a totally redesigned racetrack-shaped transducer that pumps out the sound with clarity and focus. Side-firing passive radiators reinforce the lows for strong bass.
JBL Connect app
Want to get the most out of your Flip 5 Eco? Download JBL's free control app to your Apple® or Android™ device, and activate PartyBoost. With PartyBoost you can pair two Flip 5 Ecos for stereo sound. Wirelessly connect multiple PartyBoost-compatible JBL speakers and get an even bigger sound, with all speakers simultaneously playing your song.
Note: PartyBoost is not compatible with Connect+, so you can't pair a Flip 5 or Flip 5 Eco with an earlier version of the speaker, like the Flip 4.
The speaker's built-in rechargeable battery gives you up to 12 hours of portable operation. The Flip 5 Eco features a USB Type-C charging port, and it comes with a Type-C to Type-A cable. Just plug it into a computer or a spare AC/USB adapter to recharge.
- made with 90% recycled plastic material.
- comes with a protective case made from biodegradable materials
- built-in Bluetooth 4.2 for streaming music from your smartphone or tablet
- IPX7-rated waterproof — can be submerged down to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
- splash-proof fabric cover and durable rubber housing
- 1-3/4" x 3-1/8" transducer with dual passive bass radiators
- frequency response: 65-20,000 Hz
JBL Connect app:
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play
- remotely controls volume
- lets you pair two Flip 5 speakers for two-channel stereo via PartyBoost
- wirelessly connect multiple JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers for simultaneous playback
- note: PartyBoost not compatible with JBL Connect+ enabled speakers (Flip 4 and earlier)
- built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery lasts up to 12 hours
- USB charging cable
- 7-1/8"W x 2-15/16"H x 2-3/4"D
- weight: 19.04 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLFLIP5ECOGRNAM
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker (attached wrist strap)
- 4' USB-C to USB-A charging cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Important Safety Instructions
JBL Flip 5 Eco reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Flip 5 Eco
Features & specs
|Weather Resistance||Waterproof (IPX7)|
|Power and Battery Info|
|Built-in Battery||Y (12 hours)|
|Charges External Device Via USB||No|
|Runs On AC Power||No|
|Bluetooth Version And Supported Audio Formats|
|Bluetooth Version||Built-in 4.2|
|Other Wireless Features|
|Unison Pairing (Party Mode)||Yes|
|Midrange Size||1.75 x 3.125|
|Amplification (Watts RMS)||20|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Full-Range JBL Sound: Using a 1.75" x 3.125" racetrack-shaped full-range driver, a 20-watt amplifier, dual 1.75" passive radiators, and digital signal processing (DSP), the JBL Flip 5 generates room-filling sound from a compact Bluetooth speaker. The JBL Flip 5 stereo speaker can play from either a vertical or horizontal position, so you can place it in a variety of locations for great sound.
Portable Waterproof Design: The JBL Flip 5 Bluetooth speaker features a rugged rubberized housing and a durable fabric material grille which will hold up indoors and outdoors. The Flip 5 is waterproof (IPX7-rated) which means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge the Flip 5 in water up to 1 meter (3') for up to 30 minutes. Its compact design fits easily into a backpack and it also includes a nylon wrist-strap, so you can take it anywhere with you.
- The Flip 5 can only be submerged in water for a short period of time. If the speaker is playing and then submerged in water, it will sound muffled, as anything submerged in water would sound like. Submerging the speaker more than 1 meter and for more than 30 minutes will damage the speaker as the water will penetrate through the waterproof barriers due to pressure.
- To ensure that the JBL Flip 5 is waterproof, please remove all cable connections and tightly close the cap; exposing the Flip 5 to liquids without doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker. Do not expose the Flip 5 to water while charging, as doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker or power source.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The JBL Flip 5 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio (A2DP 1.3) and control (AVRCP 1.6). You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer) to the JBL Flip 5. You can control Play, Pause, & Skip functions from the speaker. However, you will still continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for advanced music navigation and to view song/artist information. The Flip 5 can pair with multiple devices, but only one device can be active and used at a time. Once paired, the JBL Flip 5 will automatically re-connect with the last paired device when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: The Flip 5 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.
JBL Connect App w/ PartyBoost: Use the JBL Connect App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ or Android OS 5.0+) to wirelessly pair two JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers together for stereo sound or link multiple JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers to create a bigger party (same audio source is played back through all JBL PartyBoost speakers). Software updates for the speaker can also be done using the JBL Connect app.
Rechargeable Battery: The JBL Flip 5 stereo speaker has a built-in Lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery (3.6V/4800mAH) that provides up to 12 hours of playback time (varies by volume level and audio content). The Flip 5 speaker includes a USB-C port and a 4' USB-C to USB-A cable to aid in charging the built-in battery. The battery can be recharged from a 3rd party USB/AC power adapter (sold separately) or a free USB port on your computer. A full battery charge takes approximately 2.5 hours @ 5V/3A.
1 question already asked