About the JBL Flip 4
Available in a variety of attractive colors.
Wherever you go with your smartphone, you've got music with a JBL Flip 4. This rugged portable Bluetooth speaker is completely waterproof — ready for sand, sea, dust, or snowbanks. Passive bass radiators and full-range drivers really crank out the sound, with clarity and punch.
JBL Connect+ app
Download JBL's free control app to your Apple® or Android™ device, and kick your Flip 4 into overdrive. Simultaneously pair two devices with the Flip 4, so you and a friend can take turns as DJ without missing a beat.
Pair two Flip 4's for stereo sound, or go even bigger. You can wirelessly connect over one hundred JBL Connect+ enabled portable speakers for the ultimate field party.
Speakerphone and Voice Assist
When you receive a call on your paired phone, the Flip 4 turns into a speakerphone. Its built-in microphone uses SoundClear® technology to minimize echo and filter out ambient noise so you and your caller can hear each other easily.
Press the Voice Assist button, and access your smartphone's voice command program. So just by speaking into the Flip 4 you can use Siri with your iPhone®, and Google Now with your Android smartphone.
The speaker's built-in rechargeable battery gives you up to 12 hours of portable operation. The Flip 4 comes with its own USB charging cable. Just plug it into a computer or a spare AC/USB adapter to recharge. Auxiliary input lets you play non-Bluetooth portable devices through the system, too.
- built-in Bluetooth
- built-in microphone with SoundClear echo and noise cancellation
- call answer button for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- Voice Assist — use your connected phone's Siri or Google Now voice controller through your Flip 4
- IPX7-rated waterproof — can be submerged down to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
- splash-proof fabric cover and durable rubber housing
- JBL control app
- free download from iTunes App Store® and Google Play
- lets you adjust EQ settings
- remotely controls volume
- lets you pair two Flip 4 speakers for two-channel stereo
- wirelessly connect over 100 Flip 4 or other JBL Connect+ enabled speakers for simultaneous playback
- two full-range drivers with dual passive bass radiators
- can pair with up to 2 Bluetooth devices simultaneously
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery lasts up to 12 hours
- USB charging cable
- 6-7/8"W x 2-11/16"H x 2-3/4"D
- weight: 18.16 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLFLIP4BLUAM
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker (attached wrist strap)
- 40" microUSB-to-USB charging cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Important Safety Instructions
JBL Flip 4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Flip 4
Portable Waterproof Design: The JBL Flip 4 Bluetooth speaker features a rugged rubberized housing and a durable fabric material grille which will hold up indoors and outdoors. The Flip 4 is waterproof (IPX7-rated) which means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge the Flip 4 in water up to 1 meter (3') for up to 30 minutes. Its compact design fits easily into a backpack and it also includes a nylon wrist-strap, so you can take it anywhere with you.
- The FLIP 4 can only be submerged in water for a short period of time. If the speaker is playing and then submerged in water, it will sound muffled, as anything submerged in water would sound like. Submerging the speaker more than 1 meter and for more than 30 minutes will damage the speaker as the water will penetrate through the waterproof barriers due to pressure.
- To ensure that the JBL Flip 4 is waterproof, please remove all cable connections and tightly close the cap; exposing the Flip 4 to liquids without doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker. Do not expose the Flip 4 to water while charging, as doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker or power source.
Full-Range JBL Sound: The JBL Flip 4 employs digital signal processing to generate room-filling audio from a compact speaker. Using two 1.5625" drivers, a 16-watt amplifier, and dual 1.5" passive radiators, the JBL Flip 4 delivers full-range JBL sound with punchy bass. The JBL Flip 4 stereo speaker can play from either a vertical or horizontal position, so you can place it in a variety of locations for great sound.
Bluetooth 4.1: The JBL Flip 4 is a self-powered Bluetooth (version 4.1) speaker which supports wireless audio streaming (A2DP 1.3/AVRCP 1.6) and hands-free communication (HFP 1.6/HSP 1.2), along with digital voice assistant integration for iPhone (Siri) and Android (Google Now). Up to two devices can be connected with the Flip 4 at once, so you and your friends can take turns streaming music. Once paired, the JBL Flip 4 will automatically re-connect with paired devices when in wireless range (up to 33').
- Wireless Audio Streaming: The JBL Flip 4 portable speaker streams stereo music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your smartphone, tablet, computer, laptop, or other device. You'll be able to control Play, Pause, & Skip functions from the speaker. You will need to continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for advanced music navigation and to view song/artist information.
- Hands-Free Communication: The JBL Flip 4 has a built-in microphone with echo and noise cancellation technologies, so you can use it as a hands-free speakerphone for your smartphone (including iPhone or Android). Use the Flip 4 to answer phone calls, talk on Skype, or with Facetime. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, manually enter phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
- Voice Assistant Integration: The JBL Flip 4's built-in mic can even act as an extension of the microphone on your Apple iPhone 4S and newer or compatible Android smartphone, so you can access Siri & Android's digital voice assistant (like Google Now). Simply press the Play/Pause button to activate your device's digital voice assistant. You will need to set this feature up through the JBL Connect App on your Apple iOS or Android mobile device.
Note: When the digital voice assistant is enabled through the app, the Play/Pause control function for wireless music streaming is disabled.
JBL Connect App with JBL Connect+: Use the JBL Connect App (for Apple iOS 8.0+ or Android OS 5.0+) to wirelessly link multiple JBL Connect+ enabled speakers, like the JBL Flip 4, together for amplified sound. You are able to link two speakers together so each speaker acts as a left or right channel for stereo sound. You can also link up to 100 speakers together so each speaker plays back both left and right channels for playback of the same Bluetooth source from multiple speakers. Software updates for the speaker can also be done using the JBL Connect app.
Aux Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the JBL Flip 4 is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
Rechargeable Battery: The JBL Flip 4 stereo speaker has a built-in Lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery (3.7V/3000mAH) that provides up to twelve hours of playback time. The Flip 4 speaker includes a microUSB port and a 40" microUSB-to-USB cable to aid in charging the built-in battery. The battery can be recharged from a 3rd party USB/AC power adapter (sold separately) or a free USB port on your computer. A full battery charge takes approximately 3.5 hours.
LED Indicators: Clearly visible LED let you know when the built-in battery needs to be recharged, as well as when the JBL Flip 4 is in Bluetooth listening or pairing mode.
7 questions already asked