About the JBL Flip 6
Flip on the outdoor fun
Flip on the outdoor fun
Looking for a way to play tunes when you play outdoors? JBL Flip Bluetooth speakers have been a huge hit for years, and the Flip 6 is poised to improve upon the tradition with even louder, more powerful sound. This rugged speaker is both waterproof and dustproof. So you can use it at the beach, on the slopes, by the pool — wherever.
The speaker's racetrack-shaped woofer pumps out the midrange frequencies with clarity and focus, while its tweeter delivers clean highs. And JBL optimized the side-firing passive radiators. That means you'll enjoy deeper bass than previous JBL Flips could deliver.
JBL Portable app
The JBL Connect app has been renamed the Portable app. But it still has the same great features. And it's still a free download for your Apple® or Android™ device.
With the app, you can activate PartyBoost. This lets you pair two Flip 6's for stereo sound. Or wirelessly connect multiple PartyBoost-compatible JBL speakers. You'll get even bigger sound, with all speakers simultaneously playing your song.
The built-in rechargeable battery gives you up to 12 hours of portable operation. The Flip 6 features a USB Type-C charging port, and it comes with a Type-A to Type-C cable. Just plug it into a computer or a spare AC/USB adapter to recharge.
The connector also helps protect your Flip 6. It can detect water, salt, or other chemicals in the jack. If it does, an alert sound so you can unplug your Flip 6 to prevent damage.
- Featured in our article: Best portable Bluetooth speakers for 2023
- built-in Bluetooth 5.1 for streaming music from your smartphone or tablet
- IP67-rated waterproof and dustproof
- can be submerged down to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
- waterproof and dustproof fabric cover and durable rubber housing
- 1-3/4" x 3" woofer and 5/8" tweeter with dual passive bass radiators
- frequency response: 63-20,000 Hz
- 30 watts RMS (20W woofer + 10W tweeter)
JBL Portable app:
- free download from Apple App Store® and Google Play
- remotely control volume and EQ
- pair two Flip 6 speakers for two-channel stereo via PartyBoost
- wirelessly connect multiple JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers for simultaneous playback
- built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery lasts up to 12 hours
- USB-A to USB-C charging cable
- alert sounds if connector detects water, salt, or other chemicals
- 7"W x 2-5/8"H x 2-13/16"D
- weight: 1.21 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLFLIP6TEALAM
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker (attached carry strap)
- 4' USB-C to USB-A charging cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Safety Instructions and Warranty Card
JBL Flip 6 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the JBL Flip 6
Features & specs
|Weather Resistance||Dust-proof/Waterproof (IP67)|
|Power and Battery Info|
|Built-in Battery||Y (12 hours)|
|Charges External Device Via USB||No|
|Runs On AC Power||No|
|Bluetooth Version And Supported Audio Formats|
|Other Wireless Features|
|Unison Pairing (Party Mode)||Yes|
|Woofer Size||1.75 x 3.0|
|Amplification (Watts RMS)||30|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
2-Way Driver Design: The Flip 6 delivers powerful JBL sound with exceptional clarity thanks to its 2-way driver design, built-in 30 watt amplifier, and dual passive radiators. The JBL Flip utilizes a 2-way driver design, featuring a 0.625" dome tweeter and 1.75" x 3" racetrack cone woofer for full-range sound. The 2-way driver system is powered by a built-in 30 watt amplifier that delivers 20 watts to the woofer and 10 watts to the tweeter. Dual 1.75" passive radiators help the compact speaker generate more bass and low-end frequency response for a fuller sound.
Waterproof & Dustproof (IP67): The JBL Flip 6 Bluetooth speaker features a rugged rubberized housing and a durable fabric material grille which will hold up indoors and outdoors. The Flip 6 is waterproof and dustproof (IP67-rated) which means no more worrying about rain, spills, or dust. You you can even submerge the Flip 6 in water up to 1 meter (3') for up to 30 minutes. Its compact design fits easily into a backpack and it also includes a nylon carry strap, so you can take it anywhere with you.
- The Flip 6 can only be submerged in water for a short period of time. If the speaker is playing and then submerged in water, it will sound muffled, as anything submerged in water would sound like. Submerging the speaker more than 1 meter and for more than 30 minutes will damage the speaker as the water will penetrate through the waterproof barriers due to pressure.
- To ensure the JBL Flip 6 is waterproof, please remove the USB-C cable and do not charge the Flip 6's battery while it is being exposed to water or other liquids. Failure to follow these guidelines may result in permanent damage to the speaker and power source.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The JBL Flip 6 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 5.1 with support for wireless audio (A2DP 1.3) and control (AVRCP 1.6). You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer) to the JBL Flip 6. You can control Play, Pause, & Skip functions from the speaker. However, you will still continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for advanced music navigation and to view song/artist information. The Flip 6 can pair with multiple devices and keep two devices connected at the same time, so you can easily switch back and forth between your connected Bluetooth devices. Once paired, the JBL Flip 6 will automatically re-connect with the last paired device when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: The Flip 6 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.
JBL Portable App: Use the JBL Portable App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ or Android OS 7.0+) to get the most out of the JBL Flip 6 and unlock more features (such as Stereo Mode and Party Mode). You'll be able to personalize and control the Flip 6 speaker from the JBL Portable App on your compatible mobile device. Software updates for the speaker can also be done using the JBL Portable app.
- Stereo Mode: In Stereo Mode, you can use the JBL Portable App to pair two compatible JBL portable speakers for stereo playback, with one speaker acting as the left channel and the other as the right channel.
- Party Mode: In Party Mode, you can use the JBL Portable App to link multiple JBL Portable compatible speakers to create a bigger sound for your party (the same audio source is played back through all JBL Portable speakers).
Rechargeable Battery: The JBL Flip 6 stereo speaker has a built-in Lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery (3.6V/4800mAH) that provides up to 12 hours of playback time (varies by volume level and audio content). The Flip 6 speaker includes a USB-C port and a 4' USB-C to USB-A cable to aid in charging the built-in battery. The battery can be recharged from a 3rd party USB/AC power adapter (sold separately) or a free USB port on your computer. A full battery charge takes approximately 2.5 hours @ 5V/3A.
- The JBL Flip 6 does not come with a USB/AC power adapter to charge the built-in battery. A USB/AC power adapter must be purchased separately, or a free USB port on your laptop or desktop computer can be used to charge the built-in battery.
- The JBL Flip 6 offers USB-C charging protection which means an audible alert will notify you to unplug the speaker if its USB-C connector detects water, salt, or any other chemicals.
Mounting Options: The JBL Flip 6 portable Bluetooth speaker can play from either a vertical or horizontal position, so you can place it in a variety of locations for great sound.
- Vertical Dimensions: 2.75" (w) x 7.125" (h) x 2.8125" (d)
- Horizontal Dimensions: 7.125" (w) x 2.75" (h) x 2.8125" (d)
The JBL Flip 6 replaces these items
- waterproof fabric covering and rubber housing
- rechargeable battery lasts up to 12 hours
- 1-3/4" x 3-1/8" transducer with dual passive bass radiators
1 question already asked
I bought the JBL Flip 6 to replace my Flip 3. I'm glad I did so. The Flip 6 has greater range and volume. It seems to connect far quicker and easier than the Flip 3. I'm glad I made the purchase. (I did not compare the Flip 6 to similar products on the market.)
Old School from Aurora, CO