About the JBL Flip
The Flip comes with its own durable carrying pouch.
The JBL Flip is only about the size of a tall soda can, but it sounds anything but small. This pint-sized portable Bluetooth system takes the audio streamed from your portable device and kicks it out with surprising power and clarity.
Bluetooth connectivity for music and conversation
The Flip lets you wirelessly stream audio from your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, laptop or other device. A built-in microphone turns the Flip into a wireless speakerphone. Just press the “Accept Call” button to start the conversation.
Small package, big sound
Inside the Flip are two 1-5/8" full-range drivers that deliver clean, clear sound, with a built-in bass port that reinforces the low tones. Thanks to JBL's advanced digital signal processing, the Flip can produce room-filling sound despite its compact design.
The Flip has its own durable neoprene carrying pouch. Slip in the Flip and you're good to go. The system comes with an AC wall adapter, and gives you up to 5 hours of portable operation from its built-in rechargeable batteries. An auxiliary input lets you play non-Bluetooth portable devices through the system, too.
The quantity of sound was impressive from something so compact...The sound signature skews toward the high end of the frequency spectrum. But it does so with clarity and openness that similarly priced speakers can't always replicate.
— David Brown, Crutchfield A/V Writer
- Bluetooth wireless operation
- range: 30 feet
- built-in microphone and call answer button for hands-free wireless speakerphone operation
- two 1-5/8" full-range drivers with bass port
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 5 hours
- neoprene carrying pouch
- AC power adapter
- 2-7/16"W x 6-5/16"H
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLFLIPBLKAM
What's in the box:
- Portable Bluetooth powered speaker
- Soft carrying case
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 6' DC cord)
- 2-prong AC plug
- Owner's Manual
- Important Safety Instructions
JBL Flip reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Flip
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (Inches)||---|
|Midrange Size (Inches)||1.625|
|Woofer Size (Inches)||---|
|Watts RMS (Continuous)||10|
|Watts Maximum (Peak)||20|
|Max. Digital Audio Bit Depth||N/A|
|Max. Digital Audio Sample Rate||N/A|
|Bose Home Speaker||No|
|Control by app||N/A|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Portable Bluetooth Powered Speaker: The JBL Flip is a self-powered Bluetooth speaker that is ideal for your Bluetooth enabled smartphone, tablets, players and other devices. The JBL Flip supports Bluetooth audio streaming and Bluetooth hands-free communication. This unit pairs with your Bluetooth-enabled device with a single press of a button. Once paired, the JBL Flip will automatically re-connect with your device when in wireless range (up to 33').
- Bluetooth Audio Streaming (A2DP): The JBL Flip portable speaker streams stereo music wirelessly from Bluetooth-enabled devices such as your Apple iOS device, Android smartphone/tablet, Blackberry, computer/PC or other devices. You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to navigate your music and to view song/artist information.
- Bluetooth Hands-Free Communication (HFP): The JBL Flip features a microphone and a call-answer button so you can answer phone calls, talk on Skype, or use Facetime from the speaker. A long press of the call-answer button will activate the voice command feature of your smartphone (if applicable). You will continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device to view video calls, manually enter phone number, and control advanced phone functions.
Note: Due to the differences in Bluetooth technology, some Bluetooth enabled devices may be incompatible, function improperly, or may not support all features when used with the JBL Flip.
Full-Range JBL Sound: The JBL Flip employs digital signal processing to generate room-filling audio from a compact speaker. Using two 1.625" drivers, a 10-watt amplifier, and a built-in bass port, the JBL Flip delivers full-range JBL sound with punchy bass.
Versatile, Portable Design: The JBL Flip stereo speaker plays from either a vertical or horizontal position, so you can place it in a variety of locations. And it fits easily into a backpack, so you can take it from one place to the next. A soft carrying case is provided to protect the speaker during storage or travel.
Aux Input: In addition to built-in Bluetooth, the JBL Flip is fitted with a 3.5mm auxiliary input for connection of almost any portable audio player with a headphone output.
LED Indicator: A clearly visible LED lets you know when the built-in battery needs to be recharged, as well as when the JBL Flip is in Bluetooth listening or pairing mode.
Rechargeable Battery: The JBL Flip stereo speaker has a built-in Li-ion rechargeable battery that provides up to five hours of playback time. You can easily recharge the battery using the included AC power adapter. Charging time is approximately 3 hours. The AC power adapter can also be used to power the speaker.
2 questions already asked