About the JBL Free WFH Wireless
Headphones designed for the home office
The included USB-A transmitter connects to your PC and sends audio wirelessly to the JBL Free WFH headset.
Headphones designed for the home office
Like a lot of people, I've spent most of the last two years working from home — and toggling back and forth between my music and Zoom meetings. The JBL Free WFH wireless headphones are designed to perform well for both. They feature powerful JBL sound and a detachable mic for clear conversations.
Here's how they work: the included wireless transmitter connects to a USB port on your Windows PC. From there, it will send sound wirelessly to the headset — with no lag between the video and audio. The headphones and mic are compatible with popular video conferencing apps like Zoom, Skype, GoToMeeting, and WebEx.
Convenient communication and control
Attach the boom mic for clear communication on calls and video conferences. The mic is tuned to pick up voices and cancel out other external noises and sounds. You're not tethered to your desk by any cable, and you can even use the volume dial and microphone mute button right on the ear cups.
Clean, well-balanced sound
JBL's special headphone sound signature has been honed by years and years of research and exhaustive user testing. We've visited their U.S. headquarters in California and seen their impressive testing facilities — they take this stuff seriously. It's helped them develop a sound profile that's been proven to satisfy most listeners.
Here that means you'll be able to clearly hear co-workers, but also get clear, dynamic sound when you're listening to music.
- over-ear, closed-back design provides noise isolation
- 40mm drivers deliver clear sound for music, calls, and meetings
- detachable voice-focused directional boom microphone
- USB-A transmitter connects to Windows PC and sends audio wirelessly to headset
- uses 2.4 GHz wireless signal for low-latency sync between audio and video
- compatible with popular conferencing apps and platforms including Zoom, Skype, GoToMeeting, and WebEx
Build and controls:
- lightweight, durable design with snug, secure fit
- extra-thick memory foam earcup and headband padding helps relieve pressure on your head and ears
- earcup controls:
- volume control dial
- microphone mute button
General info and specs:
- built-in rechargeable battery offers up to 22 hours of wireless listening
- five minutes of charging provides enough power for up to 1 hour of playback
- detachable 47" USB-C to USB-A cable charging cable
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- impedance: 32 ohms
- sensitivity: 115 dB
- weight: 8.8 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLFREEWFHWLKBLKAM
What's in the box:
- Over-ear wireless headphones (black)
- Plug-in microphone on 5" boom (2.5mm plug)
- Foam windscreen (installed on mic)
- Wi-Fi USB dongle
- 41" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instruction and Warranty Card
JBL Free WFH Wireless reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Free WFH Wireless
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.559" x 4.007'|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The JBL Free WFH Wireless headphones are made for the "working from home" crowd. The lightweight, over-ear headphones are super-comfortable for long conference calls or relaxing with your favorite music. The Free WFH Wireless communicate over 2.4 GHz Wi-Fi, and comes with a plug-in USB dongle. The headphones also come with a plug-in boom microphone and a USB-C charging cable.
2.4G Wireless: The Free WFH Wireless headphones are PC and Mac compatible, and operate on a 2.4 GHz wireless connection between the USB dongle and the headset. The lossless 2.4G connection is stable enough for calls and video conferencing, with very little lag. The headphones work with the major conferencing platforms, including Zoom, Skype, GoToMeeting, Cisco WebEx, and Microsoft Teams.
Microphone: The included plug-in boom microphone has advanced noise cancelling technology for clear voice communication. The omni-directional mic focuses on your voice while rejecting external noise. The 5" boom is flexible, allowing you to position it in the optimum spot for best performance. The mic plugs into the left earcup via its 2.5mm sub-mini plug, and includes a foam windscreen to smooth out sibilance and eliminates plosives from your speech. The headset has a push-button microphone mute for voice control.
Controls/Indicators: The headphones feature basic controls on the earcups. The power slide-switch is located on the right earcup, while the rotary volume dial and mic mute push-button can be found on the left earcup. Beside the USB-C charging port is an LED to indicate a low-battery warning (flashing) or when the battery is charging (solid). The power on/2.4G pairing LED is located beside the power switch. The 2.4G USB dongle also includes a pairing button.
Materials: The Free WFH Wireless headphones feature large 40mm dynamic drivers to deliver the powerful JBL Signature Sound. The soft, polyurethane-wrapped memory foam ear cushions and padding on the top of the headband provide hours of superior comfort. The earcups extend from the headband to adjust to head size, and swivel out 90° to fold flat for easy storage in a bag, backpack, or briefcase.
Battery: The internal 3.7-volt 500 mAh Lithium-ion rechargeable battery drives the headphones' wireless performance. The battery charges in about 2 hours when plugged into a 5V 1A USB power source via the included 41" USB-C charging cable. A full charge provides up to 22 hours of wireless music playback time. A quick 5-minute charge gives you enough power for approximately 1 hour of playback time.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 115dB SPL @ 1kHz
- Maximum SPL: 93dB
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Microphone Specs:
- Frequency Response: 100Hz - 10kHz
- Sensitivity: -42dBV/Pa @ 1 kHz
- Pickup Pattern: Omni-directional
- Input Power: 5V 1A
- Type: Lithium-ion (3.7V 500mAH)
- Charging Time: 2 hours
- Music Play Time: 22 hours
- Quick Charge: 5 minutes for 1 hour playback
- Earcup Dimensions:
- External: Width 3.559", Height 4.007", Depth 2.152"
- Internal: Width 1.921", Height 2.409", Depth 0.848"
- Weight: 8.8 ounces