About the JBL Grand Touring Series GTO1004D
Got an urge to get the lows bumping? JBL GTO subwoofers may just fit the bill. They work great in sealed or ported boxes, so you'll get bass the way you like it. And these compact subs offer a lower profile than most subs so they fit into smaller boxes that save you space.
The GTO1004D 10" subwoofer sports a polypropylene cone, with a big rubber surround that allows plenty of cone movement without sacrificing control. A heavy-duty dustcap reinforces the cone for lows that kick without distortion. A special integrated vent keeps the sub's internal workings cool and improves power handling capability.
Priced per speaker
- 10" subwoofer with dual 4-ohm voice coils
- polypropylene cone with Hi-roll rubber surround
- power range: 50-250 RMS watts (125 watts per coil)
- 1000 watts peak power
- frequency response: 25-400 Hz
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- mounting depth: 4-9/16"
- sealed box volume: 0.75 cu. ft.
- ported box volume: 1.25 cu. ft.
- Recommended Q-Logic Box Type: 1, 2, 3
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GTO1004D
What's in the box:
- 10" Dual voice coil subwoofer
- Self-adhesive foam gasket
- Owner's Manual
- Technical Data sheet
- Warranty card
- JBL decal
JBL Grand Touring Series GTO1004D reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Grand Touring Series GTO1004D
Features & specs
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||0.75|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||1.25|
|Port diameter (inches)||3|
|Port length (inches)||8.6875|
|Dual Voice Coil||Yes|
91 dB at 2.83 volts |
|Frequency Response||25 - 400 Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||250|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||1000|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||4 9/16|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||9 1/8|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Woofer Cones: The JBL Grand Touring Series woofers feature polypropylene woofer cones with a heavy-duty molded dustcap.
Hi-roll Rubber Surrounds: The woofers feature hi-roll rubber surrounds to provide exceptional cone-edge suspension and long-throw linearity with control and stability at the excursion limits.
Spider: The woofer's progressive spider provides better control at the excursion limits and reduces woofer distortion.
Shallower Design: The Grand Touring Series' new proprietary frame, unique in-board motor structure, and new cone design allow the woofer to be a full inch shallower than equivalent-sized models.
Terminals: The woofer features dual binding post terminals which can accept bare wire, pin connectors, spade lugs, and single banana plugs. Because of the spacing between the + and - terminals, they cannot accept dual banana plugs.
Dual Voice Coil Wiring: The woofer comes with two jumpers which enable the speaker to be wired in different configurations:
- Parallel: The woofer comes with the two jumpers installed in a parallel configuration. When the amplifier is connected to the two outside terminals, the woofer will have a 2-ohm load.
- Series: To wire the woofer in a series configuration, only one jumper is used, and it connects the two inside terminals together. When the amplifier is connected to the two outside terminals, the woofer will present an 8-ohm load.
Recommended Sealed Box Volume: JBL recommends a 0.75 cu/ft sealed enclosure.
Recommended Ported Box Volume: JBL recommends a 1.25 cu/ft ported enclosure. One 3" diameter x 8-11/16" long port, tuned at 33Hz, should be used with the 1.25 cu/ft enclosure.
Recommended Bandpass Box Volume: JBL recommends a bandpass enclosure with a 0.75 cu/ft sealed rear chamber and a 1.00 cu/ft front ported chamber. One 4" diameter x 5-7/8" long port, tuned at 55Hz, should be used with this enclosure.
Power Handling: The woofer has two 4-ohm voice coils, and each voice coil can handle up to 125 watts RMS (500 watts peak).