About the JBL GTO506c
Take your vehicle's audio system to the next level of sonic sophistication with one of JBL's GTO component speaker systems. These high-performance packages offer rock solid bass from a poly woofer coupled with a durable hi-roll rubber surround. The oversized Plus One cone design has more surface area and greater excursion than standard cones, so low-frequency output is full and resonant.
A sensitive Kaladex (synthetic film) tweeter supplies crystalline high notes. This is a full edge-driven dome tweeter, similar to the tweeters found in upper-end home speakers. You'll benefit with increased power handling and reduced distortion at high output levels.
JBL's I-Mount system simplifies tweeter installation, with angle-, surface-, or flush-mount options. A computer-optimized 2-way crossover network divides the frequencies between the woofer and tweeter for maximum efficiency and accuracy.
The GTO506c component system uses 5-1/4" woofers.
- Plus One polypropylene woofer cone (up to 30% larger than standard cones)
- high-roll rubber surround
- 1" Kaladex (polyethylene naphthalate film) edge-driven dome tweeter
- 2-way crossover (high-/low-pass at 4,000 Hz, 12 dB per octave)
- frequency response 70-21,000 Hz
- recommended power range 2-55 watts RMS
- peak power handling 165 watts
- sensitivity 89 dB
- top-mount depth 2-1/4"
- 1-year warranty
- MFR # GTO506C
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Grille frames
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Tweeters (each with attached 6" speaker leads)
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Metal brackets (not required for installation)
- 4 "U" speed clips
- 4 Countersink machine screws (1/2" length)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (5/8" length/small head)
- 8 Speed clips
- 8 Self-tapping screws (1" length)
- 4 Countersink self-tapping screws (3/8" length)
- 4 Self-tapping screws (5/8" length/large head)
- 2 Hexnuts
- 4 Washers
- Two 0.11" female quick-slides
- Two 0.187" female quick-slides
- Two 10' lengths of speaker wire (each length of wire tinned bare wire on both ends)
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL GTO506c
Features & specs
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||89|
|Frequency Response||70 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||55|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||165|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/4|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||4 5/8|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.259|
Plus One Woofer Cones: These speakers use polypropylene cones with more surface than other speakers of the same size. The result is greater efficiency and bass output.
Hi-Roll Rubber Surrounds: The Hi-Roll rubber surrounds are used to provide excellent cone-edge suspension and damping. They also allow the woofers a greater range of movement, resulting in longer X-max and more bass output. The rubber material will not break down due to UV contamination or moisture.
Tweeter Material: Each speaker uses a 1" Kaladex dome tweeter for crisp, clear highs. Kaladex is a polymer film that is rugged and resistant to environmental extremes. These edge-driven tweeters give you improved power handling, reduced distortion and increase efficiency, plus allows for better integration with the woofer.
I-Mount Tweeter Mounting System: The tweeters can be surface- or flush-mounted with JBL's innovative I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: The tweeter will not swivel in surface-mount cup.
- Flush Mount: Flush mounting is made easy through the use of the threaded flush-mount adapter and plastic locking nut. When flush-mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum response and imaging.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|Surface Mount||Flush Mount|
(depth using 1/2" screws) |
.564" (depth using 5/8" screws)
2-Way Passive Crossovers: Each crossover features a computer-optimized 12dB/octave, 4.0kHz high-pass network for the tweeter and a 12dB/octave, 4.0kHz low-pass network for the woofer. Each crossover has gold-plated screw terminal inputs and outputs. The opening width of each terminal is 0.32". The dimensions of the crossover are: L=4.271", W=3.348", H=1.295"
The JBL GTO506c replaces these items