About the JBL Stadium GTO960C
Feel the difference
Feel the difference
One of my favorite moments during a car audio installation is pulling out an old, ragged factory speaker from its location and then picking up its new, aftermarket replacement. And if you're installing JBL's Stadium GTO690C premium car speakers, the immediate difference is a dramatic jump in design and build. From the hefty magnet to the oversized voice coil with shimmering copper, you can see and feel improvement — now just imagine how much better they'll sound than the browning antiques that have been filling your ears with compromised audio for so long.
Separate edge-driven dome tweeters
JBL created their GTO690C 6"x9" component speaker system as a hi-fi solution for those who want better sound in their vehicle. You'll find an edge-driven design in their separate PEI polymer dome tweeters for a smoother, more open response and minimal distortion at high volume levels. Each tweeter also features a level control button so you can adjust the brightness to your taste.
JBL holds their external crossovers to the same standards as the rest of this speaker system. The crossovers help shape the Stadium sound and bring out all the details that make your music sound real. Each crossover also features a tweeter level control button so you can adjust the brightness to your taste.
These crossovers will easily accommodate an upgrade to a 3-way system if you'd like to add JBL's optional Stadium GTO20M 2" midrange speaker.
Woofers enhanced with Plus One+ technology
JBL's glass fiber woofer will hold its shape when the power's cranked up, so you still get punchy and defined bass. Glass fiber weighs less than traditional materials, so you don't need a ton of power to drive this woofer either. JBL's Plus One+ woofer technology extends the cone right up to the edge of the basket, giving you lots of surface area — and a bigger cone means more bass to complement the superior high-frequency response.
Power handling perfect for any system
These 2.5-ohm speakers boast ultra-high sensitivity so that you can power them with a factory radio or aftermarket stereo, but you'll get your best results feeding them plenty of power from an outboard amp. Either way, these speakers' low impedance safely takes advantage of every watt of power available for exceptional performance. Grilles are included.
- component speaker system includes 2 woofers, 2 tweeters, and 2 external crossovers
- 6"x9" Plus One+ glass-fiber woofer cone with hi-roll rubber surround
- edge-driven PEI polymer dome tweeter
- 2.5-ohm impedance
- handles up to 135 watts RMS (405 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 35-25,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 94 dB at 2.83 volts
- woofer top-mount depth: 3-3/16"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # STADIUMGTO960C
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (each with 6" wire attached)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Bottom mount brackets (woofer)
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Eight 1-1/2" Allen head screws
- 3mm Allen head bit
- Eight 1-3/8" Pan head screws
- Six 1/2" Flat head screws
- Two M4x10mm Machine screws
- 2 Washers
- 16 Speed clips
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gaskets
- 2 JBL logos
- Template on box
- Instruction manual
JBL Stadium GTO960C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Stadium GTO960C
Features & specs
|Tweeter Design||3/4" Edge-Driven Dome|
|Woofer Composition||Glass Fiber|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||94|
|Frequency Response||35 - 25k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||---|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||135|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||405|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||3 3/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||3 3/8|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||0|
|Mounting Height (Inches)||0.378|
Plus One Woofer Cones: The Plus One speaker cones offer more surface area than other speakers that fit in the same size opening. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The result is greater bass output and an increase in efficiency.
High-Output Design: The high output 2.5Ω voice coil design compensates for the high in-line resistance of small gauge factory wiring and extracts every watt from factory receivers, increasing overall system output and efficiency (relative to 4Ω speakers). The speakers also benefit from increased power when you upgrade the wire and add aftermarket amplifiers, designed to power a 2.5Ω load.
Woofer Terminals: The woofers' input terminals are set screws that will accept up to 12 gauge bare wire.
Tweeters: The edge-driven soft dome tweeters can be mounted several different ways using the included hardware:
- I-Mount System: The tweeters can be surface- or
flush-mounted with JBL's I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Once a cutout is made, the tweeter is installed in the flush-mount adapter, then into the flush mount housing and inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the housing (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind the
- Bottom Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Surface Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the top of the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount: There are two sets of tabs to flush mount the tweeter in the Starfish bracket, yielding different mounting dimensions. The upper tabs mount the tweeter completely below the opening and are glued in place. The lower mounting tabs are screwed in place and result in a mounting height just under 3/8 inch. Once the bracket is mounted, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
Tweeter Mounting Dimensions:
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Bottom Mount||Starfish Surface Mount||Starfish Flush Mount||Starfish Flush Mount (below mounting surface)|
|Depth||screw depth||0.750"||1.036"||screw depth||0.512"||1.0"|
Crossover Connections: The passive crossovers feature screw terminal inputs and outputs; they will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.315" wide.
Tweeter Level: A switch on each crossover allows you to adjust the output level of the tweeter; choose 0 dB (flat) or +3 dB.
- Width: 5.11"
- Height: 1.3"
- Length: 3.61"
3-Way Upgrade: The system crossovers are gap-selectable, to accommodate a midrange upgrade. The optional GTO20M midrange (item number 109GTO20M, sold separately) includes band pass crossover to upgrade this two-way system to a three-way system with perfect tonal balance.
1 question already asked