About the JBL GT-BassPro12
Add a blast of bass
Add a blast of bass
JBL's GT-BassPro12 powered subwoofer adds a blast of bass to your vehicle so you can really feel your music's impact as you drive. JBL designed this bass system to shine in the car environment, tuning it for tight, responsive low notes.
Powerful bass from a 12" sub
The GT-BassPro12 enclosure features a JBL 12" sub that really brings the thunder with its polypropylene cone and hi-roll rubber surround. The built-in 150-watt amplifier is matched up perfectly to the sub, so it won't wimp out when it's time to rock. Use an amp wiring kit to power up the GT-BassPro12, and you've turned your car into a concert hall.
Unique port for compact design
The enclosure features JBL's unique Slipstream port, which offers shorter length with a wide-mouth opening that reduces port noise and distortion. This means that JBL can build a more compact enclosure, and still get great performance from this hard-hitting sub. The medium-density fiberboard construction offers strength and durability under extreme conditions, while the carpet covering and stylish metal grille help protect your investment.
- powered 12" subwoofer enclosure
- built-in 150 watt RMS amplifier (450 watts peak)
- remote bass-level control included
- variable low-pass crossover (40-200 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- frequency response: 35-120 Hz
- fuse rating: 25A
- 22-1/2"W x 14-5/8"H x 12"D1 x 9-1/8"D2
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GTBassPro12
What's in the box:
- Amplified enclosure loaded with one 12" JBL subwoofer
- Two 25 amp fuses (1 installed/1 extra)
- 12" Speaker input harness
- Wired remote level control
- 16.5' Remote level control cable (RJ-25 plug on both ends)
- Two 3/8" Self-tapping screws
- Owner's manual (English/ German/ Spanish/ French/10 Other languages)
More details on the JBL GT-BassPro12
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||12|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Power (RMS)||150 watts|
|Maximum Wattage||450 watts|
|Second Voice Coil Impedance||---|
Amplifier: The power output from the built-in amplifier is 150 watts RMS (450 watts max). The amplifier is counter sunk into the back panel of the enclosure (the heat sink fins protrude approximately 3/8").
Note: Neither speaker wire, RCA interconnects, nor amplifier wiring kit (power/ground/turn-on wires) are included.
Signal Input: The amplifier has both speaker level (harness) and line level (RCA) inputs. The input sensitivity range is 50mV-4V for the line inputs and 400mV-16V for the speaker inputs.
Crossover: The amplifier's low pass crossover point is continuously variable from 40 to 200 Hz; the crossover slope is 12 dB/octave.
Bass Boost: The bass boost circuit provides a variable (0-12 dB) signal boost centered at 45 Hz.
Status LEDs: There are two status indicator LEDs on the amplifier. A green LED lights to indicate the amplifier is turned on and operating normally. A red LED lights to indicate the amplifier's protection circuitry has been activated. The protection circuit activates and the amplifier shuts down when the input voltage (power) is too high or too low, when the amp overheats, and when there is a short between the amp and subwoofer.
- Width: 22-1/2"
- Height: 14-5/8"
- Depth (bottom): 12" (the grille adds approximately 2-1/8", for a total of 14-1/8")
- Depth (top): 9-1/8"
Remote Level Control: The included remote level control lets you adjust the output level of the amplifier from the front of the vehicle. It can be mounted under the dash, in the glove compartment, etc, and has the following dimensions:
- Width: 1.625" (2.55" including the mounting flanges)
- Height: 0.775"
- Depth: 1.525" (2.028" including the knob and cable)
- Auto Turn-On: two position switch; on/off; when using the speaker level inputs the amplifier will turn on automatically when it senses an input signal
- Phase: two position switch; 0° or 180°; the sub's phase can be easily inverted
- Crossover Frequency: rotary knob; set the low pass crossover point; continuously variable from 40 Hz to 200 Hz
- Bass Boost: rotary knob; continuously variable from 0 to +12 dB
- Level: rotary knob; continuously variable from 50mV-4V (line level) or 400mV-16V (speaker level)
- Remote Bass: RJ-25 jack for use with the included remote bass level control
- Fuse: a single 25 amp ATO style fuse protects the amplifier
- Line Input: stereo RCA jacks (female)
- Speaker Input: 4-pin plug for use with the included harness
- Power Input: screw terminals for power, ground, and remote turn-on; each will accept spade terminals up to 0.325" wide (approximate)
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
21 questions already asked