About the JBL GTR-104
Power delivered in style
Power delivered in style
JBL's GTR-104 4-channel car amplifier can deliver 100 watts RMS per channel to your front and rear speakers — serious power from a compact chassis that exudes style. Even better, you can stream music directly from a Bluetooth device to this amp, while its built-in processing restores the excitement in your music that data compression removes.
You can stream music from a Bluetooth device directly to this amp for convenient, wireless play that bypasses your car's radio. You can connect the amp's preamp outputs to a subwoofer amp, like the matching JBL GTR-601 or GTR-1001, so your music will have plenty of low-end punch. The Party Mode feature allows up to three different sources to stream, so more people can join in the fun.
Restores the excitement in your music
Downloaded digital music and streaming services apply data compression to their files so you can store more songs on your devices, but compressed music sounds noticeably duller than uncompressed files. Harman's Clari-Fi™ sound restoration technology improves the sound quality of your digital music by analyzing the data and then reconstructing the parts that were removed during the compression process. You get crisper highs, increased dynamics, clearer vocals, and fuller music. The included wired remote gives you handy controls for Bluetooth streaming, hands-free calling, Party Mode, and Clari-Fi signal processing.
Need some bass power? You can switch the GTR-104 into bridged mode and drive two subwoofers with 240 watts RMS each. The variable high- or low-pass filter optimizes the amp's output to your speakers, increasing the efficiency of the system. The GTR-104 can accept low- or speaker-level inputs so it'll work in almost any system, and JBL includes RCA-to-speaker wire adapters for your convenience.
JBL GTR-104 control panel
- 4-channel car amplifier
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (120 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms)
- 240 watts RMS x 2 in bridged mode (4-ohm stable in bridged mode)
- Clari-Fi™ sound restoration technology improves the sound of your digital music
- built-in Bluetooth allows you to stream music directly to the amp
- separate variable high- and low-pass filters (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on front and rear channels
- wired remote unit has controls for Bluetooth streaming, hands-free calling, Party Mode, and Clari-Fi signal processing
- preamp inputs and outputs
- speaker-level inputs (speaker wire-to-RCA adapters included)
- fuse rating: 30A x 2
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 10-7/16"W x 2-3/16"H x 7-1/16"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GTR-104
What's in the box:
- 4-Channel amplifier
- Four 30A ATO fuses (2 installed)
- Control panel with attached 19.5' cable
- Control panel flush mount sleeve
- Control panel mounting bracket
- 2 M4 x 10mm bracket screws
- 4 Bare wire-to-RCA adapters
- Remote plug (Euro or Phoenix connector)
- 4 Mounting screws (M4 x 52mm)
- Quick Start Guide
JBL GTR-104 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL GTR-104
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
100 x 4 |
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||120 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||240 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Preamp Outputs||1 pair|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The JBL GTR-104 is part of the GTR Stadium series of high-performance amplifiers. This full range Class D 4-channel amplifier will accept both high-level and low-level inputs. Class D amplifiers are highly efficient and compact, generating lots of power without drawing much current or generating heat. The GTR-104 includes Clari-Fi, an audio restoration feature that improves the sound of compressed digital files. The amp also includes a cabin-mounted control panel to give you amplifier control at your fingertips. The unit comes with spare fuses, speaker wire-to-RCA adapters, and mounting hardware.
Power Output: The GTR-104 delivers the following power output:
- 100 watts RMS x 4 at 4 ohms (<0.1% THD+N)
- 120 watts RMS x 4 at 2 ohms (<0.1% THD+N)
- 240 watts RMS x 2 at 4 ohms bridged (<0.3% THD+N)
Clari-Fi: Clari-Fi is a proprietary technology that analyzes compressed digital music files and improves them in real time. Using a predictive algorithm that restores audio content that is lost during the compression process. Clari-Fi provides extra bandwidth, especially in the high frequencies, widens the sound stage, and gives vocals a natural warmth not found in compressed files.
Control Panel: The amplifier comes with a wired control panel that provides numerous features not typically found with amplifiers. It has Bluetooth technology, and an omni-directional microphone for accepting and ending phone calls from your cell phone. Party Mode lets you pair multiple Bluetooth devices for streaming music from anyone's phone. The control panel also lets you activate the Clari-Fi feature. The panel is 4-7/16"W x 15/16"H, and has a 19.5-foot cable. It can be flush- or surface-mounted with the supplied brackets.
ADAS: The GTR-104 has an interface for the Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) that can override the audio source input to deliver a message or other audio from a connected ADAS accessory. On the amplifier, you can designate which speaker the ADAS signal is output: Front left, front right, rear left, or rear right.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuitry for thermal overload, over- or under-voltage (<9V or >16V), and short circuits. The LED on the top of the amp glows red if the amp goes into protection mode.
Controls: The GTR-104's controls are located on one side of the amplifier. The rotary controls require a small screwdriver (not included) to make adjustments. The amp controls include:
- Gain: The rotary gain controls let you match the amp's input sensitivity to the output of the source unit. The input sensitivity range of the amplifier is 0.2V and up for a low-level input, and up to 20V for speaker-level input. There are separate gain controls for the front and rear channels.
- Input Level: The Input Level switch lets you select the type of input you are using. For high-level input, there are two settings: Hi1 and Hi2. If the audio system fails to play with an amplifier connected to its output, or you get a "speaker disconnected" message on your factory stereo, set the switch to the Hi2 position. The Hi2 position includes a circuit design to fool this type of factory system into "seeing" a speaker connected to its output.
- Crossover: The amp features switchable crossovers that can be set to low pass (LPF), high pass (HPF), or Full Range. You can adjust the cutoff frequency of the crossover from 32Hz to 320Hz using the rotary control. There are separate crossovers for the front and rear channels.
Connections: The JBL GTR-104 uses set screw terminals for the +12V power, ground, and speaker outputs. The screws can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head or flat-head screwdriver (not provided). The amp connections include:
- Power/Ground: The +12V Power and Ground terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wire. It is recommended that you use 4 AWG power wire to the battery, with an in-line 60A fuse (or higher) installed no more than 18" from the battery terminal. A 4 AWG ground wire (minimum) is also recommended, and attached to a metal area close to the amplifier.
- Remote Turn-On: The Remote turn on wire connects to the supplied plastic 2-pin Euro or Phoenix connector. The connector has tiny set screws to tighten the wire, and requires a precision screwdriver (2.4mm or 3/32"). The connector has "IN" and "OUT" terminals, allowing you to daisy chain the turn-on signal to another amplifier, if needed.
- Speaker Outputs: The amp features screw terminals for connecting four speakers. There are markings on the terminals for bridging the amplifier.
- Speaker-Level Input: The amp includes four bare wire-to-RCA adapters for connecting the amp to a factory radio or aftermarket head unit without preamp outputs. You should attach each speaker wire from the head unit to an adapter and plug the adapter's RCA plug into the amp.
- Line-Level Inputs: The amplifier is equipped with two pairs of RCA inputs for connecting stereo RCA patch cables from the head unit to the amp.
- Pre-Out: A third pair of RCA jacks is provided to output the audio signal to a second amplifier, if desired.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
20 questions already asked