About the JBL GTR-7535
Power delivered in style
Power delivered in style
JBL's GTR-7535 5-channel car amplifier can supply each of your four full-range speakers with 75 watts RMS while it drives a sub with up to 350 watts — you can power your entire system with one relatively compact amplifier. Even better, you can stream music directly from a Bluetooth device to this amp, while its built-in processing restores the excitement in your music that data compression removes.
Restores the excitement in your music
Downloaded digital music and streaming services apply data compression to their files so you can store more of them on your devices, but compressed music sounds noticeably duller than uncompressed files. Harman's Clari-Fi™ sound restoration technology improves the sound quality of your digital music by analyzing the data and then reconstructing the parts that were removed during the compression process. You get crisper highs, increased dynamics, clearer vocals, and fuller music.
You can stream music from a Bluetooth device directly to this amp for convenient, wireless play that bypasses your car's radio. The Party Mode feature allows up to three different sources to stream, so more people can join in the fun. The included wired remote gives you handy controls for Bluetooth streaming, hands-free calling, Party Mode, and Clari-Fi signal processing.
You want more power? You can put the GTR-7535 into 3-channel mode and drive a couple high-performance speakers with 200 watts RMS each, along with 350 watts for the sub. You'll find variable high- and low-pass filters on the front and rear channels for increasing the efficiency of your speaker system. The subwoofer channel features a low-pass filter, phase switch, and bass boost to optimize the performance of your sub and enclosure combo.
JBL GTR-7535 control panel
- 5-channel car amplifier
- 75 watts RMS x 4 + 200 Watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 350 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- 200 watts RMS x 2 bridged at 4 ohms + 350 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms
- Clari-Fi™ sound restoration technology improves the sound of your digital music
- built-in Bluetooth allows you to stream music directly to the amp
- separate variable high- and low-pass filters (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave) on front and rear channels
- low-pass filter on subwoofer channel (32-320 Hz, 12 dB/octave)
- bass boost on subwoofer channel (0-9 dB at 45 Hz)
- phase switch on subwoofer channel (0, 180 degrees)
- wired remote unit has controls for Bluetooth streaming, hands-free calling, Party Mode, and Clari-Fi signal processing
- preamp and speaker-level inputs (bare wire to RCA adapters included)
- fuse rating: 30A x 3
- 4-gauge power and ground leads recommended wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
- 13-1/8"W x 2-3/16"H x 7"D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GTR-7535
What's in the box:
- 5-Channel amplifier
- Six 30A ATO fuses (3 installed)
- Control panel with attached 19.5' cable
- Control panel flush mount sleeve
- Control panel mounting bracket
- 2 M4 x 10mm bracket screws
- 4 Bare wire-to-RCA adapters
- 4 Mounting screws (M4 x 52mm)
- Quick Start Guide
JBL GTR-7535 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL GTR-7535
Features & specs
|RMS Power Output (Watts x Channels)||
75 x 4 |
200 x 1
|Peak Power Output (Watts x Channels)||---|
|Power at 2 Ohms (Watts x Channels)||100 x 4|
|Bridged Power (Watts x Channels)||200 x 2|
|Minimum Impedance Bridged||4|
|Minimum Impedance Unbridged||2|
|Best Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|THD at Rated RMS Power||0.1%|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||75 dB|
|Low-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|Low-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|High-Pass Crossover Frequency||32-320 Hz|
|High-Pass Slope (dB/octave)||12 dB/octave|
|Bass Boost Frequency||N/A|
|Speaker Level Inputs||RCA|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The JBL GTR-7535 is part of the GTR Stadium series of high-performance amplifiers. This full range Class D 5-channel amplifier will accept both high-level and low-level inputs. It has four full-range channels, and one channel dedicated to subwoofers. Class D amplifiers are highly efficient and compact, generating lots of power without drawing much current or generating heat. The GTR-7535 includes Clari-Fi, an audio restoration feature that improves the sound of compressed digital files. The amp also includes a cabin-mounted control panel to give you amplifier control at your fingertips. The unit comes with spare fuses, speaker wire-to-RCA adapters, and mounting hardware.
Power Output: The GTR-7535 delivers the following power output:
- 75 watts RMS x 4 + 200 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (<0.1% THD+N)
- 100 watts RMS x 4 + 350 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms (<0.1% THD+N)
- 200 watts x 2 at 4 ohms bridged (<0.3% THD+N)
Clari-Fi: Clari-Fi is a proprietary technology that analyzes compressed digital music files and improves them in real time. Using a predictive algorithm that restores audio content that is lost during the compression process. Clari-Fi provides extra bandwidth, especially in the high frequencies, widens the sound stage, and gives vocals a natural warmth not found in compressed files.
Control Panel: The amplifier comes with a wired control panel that provides numerous features not typically found with amplifiers. It has Bluetooth technology, and an omni-directional microphone for accepting and ending phone calls from your cell phone. Party Mode lets you pair multiple Bluetooth devices for streaming music from anyone's phone. The control panel also lets you activate the Clari-Fi feature. The panel is 4-7/16"W x 15/16"H, and has a 19.5-foot cable. It can be flush- or surface-mounted with the supplied brackets.
ADAS: The GTR-7535 has an interface for the Advanced Driver Assistance System (ADAS) that can override the audio source input to deliver a message or other audio from a connected ADAS accessory. On the amplifier, you can designate which speaker the ADAS signal is output: Front left, front right, rear left, or rear right.
Protection Circuitry: The amplifier features protection circuitry for thermal overload, over- or under-voltage (<9V or >16V), and short circuits. The LED on the top of the amp glows red if the amp goes into protection mode.
Controls: The GTR-7535's controls are located on one side of the amplifier. The rotary controls require a small screwdriver (not included) to make adjustments. The amp controls include:
- Gain: The rotary gain controls let you match the amp's input sensitivity to the output of the source unit. The input sensitivity range of the amplifier is 0.2V and up for a low-level input, and up to 20V for speaker-level input. There are separate gain controls for the front, rear, and subwoofer channels.
- Input Level: The Input Level switch lets you select the type of input you are using. For high-level input, there are two settings: Hi1 and Hi2. If the audio system fails to play with an amplifier connected to its output, or you get a "speaker disconnected" message on your factory stereo, set the switch to the Hi2 position. The Hi2 position includes a circuit design to fool this type of factory system into "seeing" a speaker connected to its output.
- Crossover: The amp features switchable crossovers for the front and rear channels that can be set to low pass (LPF), high pass (HPF), or Full Range. The subwoofer channel also has a low pass filter. You can adjust the cutoff frequency of the crossovers from 32Hz to 320Hz using the rotary controls.
- Subwoofer Controls: Dedicated controls for the subwoofer channel include gain control, low pass filter (32-320Hz) bass boost (0-9dB), phase control (0°/180°), and sub input (Internal/External).
Connections: The JBL GTR-7535 uses set screw terminals for the +12V power, ground, turn-on (remote) lead, and speaker outputs. The screws can be tightened/loosened with a Phillips-head or flat-head screwdriver (not provided). The amp connections include:
- Power/Ground: The +12V Power and Ground terminals will accept up to 4-gauge wire. It is recommended that you use 4 AWG power wire to the battery, with an in-line 90A fuse (or higher) installed no more than 18" from the battery terminal. A 4 AWG ground wire (minimum) is also recommended, and attached to a metal area close to the amplifier.
- Speaker Outputs: The amp features screw terminals for connecting five speakers. There are markings on the terminals for bridging the front and rear channels.
- Speaker-Level Input: The amp includes four bare wire-to-RCA adapters for connecting the amp to a factory radio or aftermarket head unit without preamp outputs. You should attach each speaker wire from the head unit to an adapter and plug the adapter's RCA plug into the amp.
- Line-Level Inputs: The amplifier is equipped with three pairs of RCA inputs for connecting stereo RCA patch cables from the head unit to the amp.
8 questions already asked