About the JBL GX600C
JBL includes external crossovers with adjustable tweeter level control.
JBL makes speakers for trend-setters, those who want a car speaker that looks as good as it sounds. The GX600C 6-3/4" component speaker system flaunts a contemporary look that's backed by JBL's legendary commitment to excellent sound. This system includes two woofers, two tweeters, and two external crossovers. JBL's patented Plus One™ structure extends the surface area of the polypropylene woofer cone to give you a better midbass experience. And an edge-driven tweeter expands the high-frequency range, so you'll hear musical details that you never heard from your old speakers.
The little things that count
The GX963's low-impedance design safely draws more power from your car stereo or amp to give your music extra punch. JBL also includes external crossovers with adjustable tweeter control so that your lows and highs are evenly distributed and perfectly amplified.
A match for any system
These 2.3-ohm speakers are sensitive enough that you can power them with an aftermarket stereo, but you'll get even better results feeding them power from an outboard amp — up to 70 watts RMS.
Installation note: You'll need a pair of our universal backstraps to install the tweeters in the factory locations.
- component speaker system includes two woofers, two tweeters, and two crossovers
- 6-3/4" polypropylene Plus One woofer cone
- 1-13/16" edge-driven soft dome tweeter
- power range: 2-70 watts RMS (210 watts peak power)
- frequency response: 50-21,000 Hz
- impedance: 2.3 ohms
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- woofer top-mount depth: 2-1/16"
- grilles included
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GX600C
What's in the box:
- 2 Woofers
- 2 Tweeters (each with 6" wire attached)
- 2 Crossovers
- 2 Woofer grilles
- 2 Plastic 6-3/4 adapter brackets
- 2 Flush-mount cups
- 2 Threaded flush-mount adapters
- 2 Plastic locking nuts
- 2 Surface-mount cups
- 2 Starfish tweeter mounts
- Eight 1-3/8" Self-tapping screws
- Eight 1" Self-tapping screws
- Eight 1/2" Self-tapping pan head screws
- Six 5/8" Self-tapping flat head screws
- 2 Washers
- 2 Nuts
- 8 Speed clips
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gasket rings
- 2 Adhesive backed foam gasket strips
- Template on box
- Owner's manual
More details on the JBL GX600C
Features & specs
|Speaker Size||6 1/2|
|Tweeter Design||Edge-Driven Dome|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Sensitivity (1W at 1 meter)||N/A|
|Sensitivity at 2.83 volts||92|
|Frequency Response||50 - 21k Hz|
|Minimum RMS Wattage||2|
|Maximum RMS Wattage||70|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||210|
|Top-mount Depth (Inches)||2 1/16|
|Bottom-mount Depth (Inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||5 1/16|
Plus One Woofer Cones: The Plus One woofer cones offer more surface area than other speakers that fit in the same size opening. This is accomplished by using a new basket design and hi-roll surround. The result is greater bass output and an increase in efficiency.
Size Classification Note: These speakers are marketed as 6-1/2"; they will fit standard 6-1/2 speaker openings, but do not use the industry standard bolt pattern (then again, neither do many car manufacturers at this point). Without using an adapter bracket or drilling new screw holes, the speakers fit many standard 6-3/4 applications. The included brackets adapt the speakers to standard 6-1/2 three hole, Ford four hole, and a variety of oversized 6-3/4 installations. If new screw holes are drilled in the mounting surface of the car, it may be possible to mount the speakers in many of these applications without the brackets. Please refer to the Crutchfield Vehicle Selector to confirm fit in your vehicle.
High-Output Design: The 2.3Ω voice coil design compensates for the high in-line resistance of small gauge factory wiring, extracting more power from factory (or aftermarket) receivers. This results in clearer, richer sound for the listener.
Tweeters: The edge-driven soft dome tweeters can be mounted several different ways using the included hardware:
- I-Mount System: The tweeters can be
surface- or flush-mounted with JBL's I-Mount system:
- Surface Mount: Surface mounting the tweeters involves screwing the surface-mount cup to the mounting location, then inserting and locking the tweeter into the cup.
- Flush Mount: Once a cutout is made, the tweeter is installed in the flush-mount adapter, then into the flush mount housing and inserted into the hole. The large plastic locking nut is threaded onto the housing (from behind the mounting surface) to hold the assembly securely in place. When flush mounted, the tweeters may be angled for optimum imaging.
- Starfish Mounting Brackets: The Starfish mounting
brackets allow the tweeters to be installed in factory locations behind
- Bottom Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is secured to the underside of the grille panel. The tweeter must be inserted into the bracket and locked into place before the bracket is mounted.
- Surface Mount: Once the Starfish bracket is trimmed, it is screwed to the top of the mounting surface behind the grille panel. Then, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
- Flush Mount: There are two sets of tabs to flush mount the tweeter in the Starfish bracket, yielding different mounting dimensions. The upper tabs mount the tweeter completely below the opening and are glued in place. The lower mounting tabs are screwed in place and result in a mounting height just under a half inch. Once the bracket is mounted, the tweeter is inserted into the bracket and locked into place.
|I-Mount Surface Mount||I-Mount Flush Mount||Starfish Bottom Mount||Starfish Surface Mount||Starfish Flush Mount||Starfish Flush Mount (below mounting surface)|
|Depth||0.51" (screw depth)||0.788"||0.944"||0.51" (screw depth)||0.475"||0.627"|
Crossover Connections: The passive crossovers feature screw terminal inputs and outputs; they will accommodate bare wire or spade connectors up to 0.3" wide.
Tweeter Level: A switch on each crossover allows you to adjust the output level of the tweeter; choose 0 dB (flat) or +3 dB.
Crossover Mounting: Each crossover can be mounted using four of the included screws.
- Length: 3.16"
- Width: 3.93"
- Height: 1.16"
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
5 questions already asked