About the JBL JR300
A safety-first approach
The JBL JR300 kids' headphones limit the volume output, so your kids can listen safely.
A safety-first approach
As a parent, it's refreshing to see JBL tout the safety features of their JR300 kids' headphones — above all else. I find it hard to sift through all the products marketed towards kids to find ones made with their best interest in mind. (I mean, just take a look at the cereal aisle.) JBL's "Safe Sound" feature helps control the headphone sensitivity to better protect your kids' hearing.
Even with the volume maxed out, the sound output goes no higher than 85 dB — the level leading audiologists still consider safe. Just keep in mind that younger ears are still developing. Those same audiologists recommend supervising and limiting your kids' headphone time.
Comfy, colorful, and customizable
Even though JBL is concerned with safety, don't expect some stuffy design that won't appeal to the young 'uns. These brightly colored headphones can be decorated and personalized with the included set of stickers. They also fit snugly on-ear, offer generous padding, and have an adjustable headband.
And when your kids aren't listening? The JR300 headphones fold up into a neat portable bundle that will slip into his or her backpack.
- kid-friendly on-ear headphones with JBL Safe Sound
- limits volume output to safer listening levels
- max volume: 85 dB
- designed for ages 3-12 (cord attached)
- includes a sticker set to personalize earcups and headband
- compact, folding design
- adjustable headband
- soft ear pads and headband padding for comfort
- 39-inch flat cable with 3.5mm miniplug
- volume-limiting function will work when connected directly to device or a 3.5mm-to-Lightning adapter
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- weight: 3.8 ounces
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLJR300REDAM
What's in the box:
- On-ear headphone (spider red) with attached 40" cable (angled 3.5mm plug)
- 2 Sheets of self-adhesive stickers
- Warranty Card
- Attention sheet
JBL JR300 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL JR300
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||2.523" x 2.523"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The JBL JR300 on-ear headphones are designed for kids. These brightly colored headphones are lightweight, with custom designed ear cushions and headband that are comfortable to wear. JBL Safe Sound means that the headphones will not play above 85dB to protect young ears. The headphones come with two sheets of colorful stickers to let your child customize their headphones.
Drivers: The headphones are equipped with 32mm dynamic drivers to bring the JBL sound to young audiences. The drivers are housed in bright Spider Red ear cups with a matching headband, with rich blue padding. The ear cups swivel to fold flat for easy packing in a backpack. The matching red 40" flat cable is tangle-resistant, and terminates into an angled 3.5mm plug.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Maximum SPL: 85dB
- Dimensions: Ear Cups: 2.523" diameter, 1.431" depth
- Weight: 3.6 ounces