About the JBL L10cs
Powerful bass from a simple, elegant-looking sub
JBL's Classic Series L10cs uses a 10" down-firing woofer driven by a built-in 250-watt amp to deliver deep, solid bass. The cabinet features a pair of rear-firing tuned ports and a real wood veneer finish in your choice of Black or Natural Walnut. Dial in the bass using the rear-panel variable crossover and volume dials and phase switch.
- 10" down-firing polycellulose woofer
- 250-watt RMS amplifier (500 watts peak power)
- real wood veneer finish
- frequency response: 32-150 Hz
- bass-reflex design with rear-firing tuned ports
- rear-mounted volume, crossover, phase, and power controls
- continuously variable low-pass 50-150 Hz crossover
- phase switch to acoustically match the subwoofer's output to your main speakers
- main power on/off switch plus auto standby/on mode
- mono RCA line-level/LFE input
- detachable power cord
- 13-1/4"W x 15-3/8"H x 16-1/4"D
- weight: 31 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years woofer, 1 year amplifier
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLL10CSBLKAM
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- 4 Spikes
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the JBL L10cs
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||10|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||250|
|Frequency Response||32-150 Hz|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||50-150Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||1 Year|
10" Down-Firing Woofer: The JBL Classic Series L10cs powered sub houses a down-firing 10" polycellulose cone woofer with rubber surround for deep, impactful bass.
250W (RMS)/500W (Peak) Amplifier: The down-firing 10" polycellulose woofer is driven by a 250W (RMS)/500W (Peak) built-in amplifier for dynamic bass response.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The JBL L10cs powered sub pairs the down-firing 10" woofer with a bass reflex enclosure that features dual rear-firing tuned ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The sub enclosure is available in a black or walnut wood-grain finish.
Rear-Panel Controls: The JBL L10cs is equipped with a volume level control, low pass crossover filter, and phase switch on the back-panel of the powered subwoofer.
- Volume: The rotary volume knob adjusts the volume of the powered sub relative to the other speakers in the system.
- Low Pass Crossover: The variable low pass crossover is adjustable from 50Hz to 150Hz (24dB/octave). If you are connecting to an AV receiver with an LFE output, set the powered sub's low pass crossover filter to 150Hz and allow the AV receiver to handle the bass management.
- Phase Switch: The phase switch allows you to select 0-degrees (normal) or 180-degrees (reverse). If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, toggling the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass attack.
Mono-RCA/LFE Input: The JBL Classic Series L10cs powered subwoofer is outfitted with a single mono-RCA/LFE input for connection to your AV receiver, integrated amplifier, or preamplifier/processor. The mono-RCA/LFE input can be connected to a preamp output, subwoofer output, or LFE output on your receiver, amplifier, or processor. If you are using a stereo preout on your receiver, amp, or processor, you'll need a stereo RCA to mono-RCA Y-adapter (sold separately).
Rubber or Spike Feet: The Classic Series L10cs powered sub comes with integrated rubber feet and optional spike feet. The integrated rubber feet are perfect for hardwood, laminate, tile, and vinyl flooring, The spike feet are perfect for carpeted flooring. The spike feet screw into the bottom of the rubber feet.
- Rubber Feet Dimensions: 13.25" (w) x 15.375" (h) x 16.25" (d)
- Spike Feet Dimension: 13.25" (w) x 15.5625" (h) x 16.25" (d)
Placement Options: The L10cs powered subwoofer can be utilized in a stereo music setup or home theater application. The best way to determine the location for the subwoofer is by temporarily placing it in the listening position and playing music with strong bass and midbass content. Then listen to the sub's bass output while moving it around to the various available positions in the room.
- Placing the powered subwoofer next to a wall will increase the amount of deep bass. Placing the powered sub in a corner will further increase the amount of bass output. However, corner placement also activates room modes which can make the bass response sound "boomy" or "muddy".
- Placing the subwoofer along the same plane as the left and right speakers produces the best acoustic integration with the main speakers. Finally, placing the subwoofer close to the listening position helps remove poor bass response caused by room variations.
Auto On/Off: The powered subwoofer will automatically turn on when an audio signal is received and off when there is no audio signal for several minutes. You can also choose to manually turn the powered subwoofer On and Off.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The included detachable AC power cord (C7/2-prong) plugs into the back of the L10cs powered subwoofer and into an AC power outlet or surge protector/line-conditioner (sold separately).