About the JBL Live 200BT
On-trend headphones that deliver solid performance
The JBL Live 200BT's Sturdy neckband rests on your shoulder, so your head can move around more freely.
On-trend headphones that deliver solid performance
Neckband-style headphones are a popular choice among Crutchfield customers these days. If you've never worn this type of headphone, the band actually rests on your collar area, allowing you to move your head around more freely. And the JBL Live 200BT earbuds perform way better than their price tag indicates.
Their build quality is particularly impressive. They are not waterproof, but strong, cloth-reinforced cables connect the earbuds to the neckband. And these headphones offer a surprisingly clear and balanced sound.
Deeper and more detailed than I expected
I haven't had a chance to listen to the JBL Live 200BT yet, but they use the same drivers and Bluetooth chip as another JBL model that I have tried. I'm told those wireless headphones are practically identical, except they don't have the connected neckband. Here's what I said about the sound:
Headphones at any price can struggle with Jay-Z's “Song Cry.” The female vocals and shimmering sample of Bobby Glen's “Sounds like a Love Song” juxtaposed with deep bass and boom bap drums end up sounding messy or muddy.
Through these headphones, the song's low end sounded full and on-point, while the upper mids and highs were well-defined and satisfying. While certainly not “audiophile,” I'd say these earbuds sound way better than “adequate” — this is max value for the price.
- Bluetooth 4.1 for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphones
- cloth-covered earbud cables connect to a rigid neckband
- 8mm dynamic driver in each earpiece
- tuned for clear vocals and punchy bass
- built-in rechargeable battery offers 10 hours of listening (USB charging cable included)
- three-button remote for controlling music playback and volume with a smartphone or portable music player
- built-in microphone for making calls with a smartphone
- includes 3 pairs of soft silicone ear tips to ensure a proper fit
- magnetic earpieces snap together so they're easier to tote when not in use
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- weight: 0.6 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLLIVE200BTBLU
What's in the box:
- Wireless neckband in-ear headphones (blue)
- 3 Pairs of blue silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 10" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- FCC and IC Statement
- Safe Listening guide
- Warranty card
JBL Live 200BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Live 200BT
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||0.434" x 0.434"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Cord Length||7" (x2)|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The JBL Live 200BT Wireless in-ear neckband headphones deliver JBL Signature Sound from your mobile device while you're on the go. Live 200BT features in-ear headphones attached to a flexible neckband that comfortably rests on your collarbone. It connects to your device via Bluetooth with on-board controls for volume, music playback, phone calls, and your device's Voice Assistant. Three pairs of soft silicone rubber ear tips are included.
Drivers: The Live 200BT is equipped with 8mm dynamic drivers to give you clear highs and powerful bass. The drivers are housed in rugged, lightweight aluminum ear buds. The ear buds are equipped with magnets on the back to let you secure them around your neck when not in use.
Ear Tips: The headphones come with three pairs of soft touch silicone rubber ear tips (small, medium, large) to provide a secure fit.
Bluetooth: The Live 200BT wireless in-ear headphones feature Bluetooth Version 4.2 with HFP (v1.7), A2DP (v1.3), and AVRCP (v1.5) profiles. On the right end of the neckband are controls for the following functions: Power, pairing, volume up/down, play/pause, next track, previous track, answer/reject call, and end call. You can also activate your mobile device's Voice Assistant (Siri, Google Assistant). The neckband also has built-in microphones for phone calls.
Battery: The in-ear wireless headphones are powered by a built-in 3.7V 170mAh Polymer lithium-ion rechargeable battery, located inside the neckband. The battery charges in approximately 2 hours via the supplied USB charging cable. On a full charge, the battery gives you up to 10 hours of wireless music playback or talk time. A 15-minute Quick Charge provides approximately 1 hour of playback/talk time.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 102dB
- Maximum SPL: 97dB
- Impedance: 16Î©
- Ear Buds: Diameter 0.434", Depth 0.935"
- Neckband: Max Width: 0.577", Length: 16"
- Weight: 1.3 ounces
The JBL Live 200BT replaces these items
- Play music and answer calls wirelessly via Bluetooth
- wrap-around cord with in-line remote/mic for controlling music and taking calls
- 8 hours of battery life
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?