About the JBL Live 500BT
Value-packed wireless over-ears from the experts at JBL
Value-packed wireless over-ears from the experts at JBL
Once you've experienced the wireless freedom of Bluetooth headphones, it's kind of tough going back to a cord. JBL's Live 500BT 'phones offers a nice balance of sound performance and Bluetooth conveniences for their price range. Their large earcups are designed to fit around your ears, with generous padding to keep you comfortable. And they're outfitted with sizeable 50mm drivers, for big, rich sound.
Some cool extra convenience features
JBL added some nice touches to make these Bluetooth headphones extra-useful. Tap the left earcup to access the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa through your smartphone, then just speak your commands. You'll set up the voice control assistant of your choice using the company's free My Headphone app. These headphones also come with an Ambient Aware mode, which uses the built-in mic to increase the volume of ambient sounds. That helps you stay aware of what's going on around you. There's also a handy TalkThru mode that reduces the volume of the music, so you can have conversations with others without having to take the headphones off.
- over-the-ear design
- 50mm dynamic drivers deliver rich, full sound
- Bluetooth 4.2 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphones
- tap the left earcup to access Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa
- buttons on right earcup offer music, volume, and call controls
- built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 33 hours of music listening
- built-in microphone for hands-free calls
- Ambient Aware button increases ambient sounds so you can hear what's going on around you
- TalkThru mode reduces the music volume so you can talk to people without removing the headphones
- fabric-covered headband and ergonomically designed earpads for long-lasting comfort
- includes 3.5mm miniplug headphone cable with woven jacket for wired listening
- USB charging cable included
- frequency response: 18-20,000 Hz
- impedance: 32 ohms
- weight: 8.51 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLLIVE500BTGRNAM
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones (green)
- 48" Audio cable with in-line remote/microphone (angled 3.5mm plug)
- 40" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and Micro-B USB on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- FCC and IC statement
- Attention sheet
- Google Assistant sheet
JBL Live 500BT reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Live 500BT
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.024" x 3.616"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||18-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The JBL Live 500BT over-ear wireless headphones let you listen to music or phone calls hands free while you're on the go. The Live 500BTs feature Bluetooth 4.2 with on-board controls for volume, music playback, and phone calls. You can easily access the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa directly from the headphones. The Live 500BT comes with a charging cable, and a detachable audio cable with remote and microphone to listen when the battery is low.
Drivers: The Live 500BT is equipped with large 50mm dynamic drivers to deliver JBL's legendary Signature Sound.
Voice Assistant: You can access the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa by simply tapping the ear cup. Setup for your preferred voice assistant is done in the JBL My Headphones app.
Ambient Aware: The JBL Live 500BT lets you keep in touch with your surroundings while you listen to your music. The Ambient Aware feature uses the built-in microphones to increase the ambient sound to let you hear what's going on around you.
Talk Thru: While you listen to your music, you can talk to your friends or listen to annoucements at the airport without having to remove your headphones. The Talk Thru feature lowers the music volume level so you can clearly hear others.
Bluetooth: The Live 500BT wireless over-ear headphones feature Bluetooth Version 4.2, and are compatible with A2DP (v1.3), AVRCP (v1.5), and HFP (v1.6) profiles.
My JBL Headphones App: The My JBL Headphones App, available for iOS and Android devices, provides extra controls and settings beyond the on-board buttons. In the app, you can select from 3 preset EQ curves, as well as customize or create you own EQ settings. You get greater control of the Ambient Aware and Talk Thru features. My JBL Headphones provides access to Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant voice assistants to control the headphones with your voice. The app displays the battery level of your headphones as a percentage. Any product or firmware updates will come wirelessly through the app to the headphones. The app also has a product tutorial and FAQs under the Product Help tab. My JBL Headphones App is compatible with iOS devices (9.0 or later) and Android devices (5.0 and up).
Battery: The Live 500BT over-ear wireless headphones are powered by a built-in 3.7V 700mAh Polymer lithium-ion rechargeable battery. The battery charges in approximately 2 hours via the supplied USB charging cable. On a full charge, the battery gives you up to 30 hours of wireless music playback or talk time with Bluetooth. A 15-minute Quick Charge provides approximately 2 hours of playback/talk time.
- Frequency Response: 18Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 108dB
- Maximum Input Power: 15 mW
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Dimensions: Ear Cup: Width 3.024" Height 3.616" Depth 2.112"
- Weight: 8.7 ounces
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked