About the JBL Live 660 NC
Noise-canceling Bluetooth 'phones with a lot to offer
The JBL Live 660 NC Bluetooth headphones fit snugly and feature noise-canceling circuitry that adapts to external sounds.
Noise-canceling Bluetooth 'phones with a lot to offer
JBL always seems to deliver solid headphone performance (and include plenty of features) at a reasonable price. The lightweight Live 660 NC headphones play music wirelessly and use adaptive noise-canceling circuitry to knockout distractions. And the 40mm drivers are designed to deliver JBL's crowd-pleasing sound.
Bluetooth 5.0 is on board, which is a newer version of the popular wireless technology. That means a stronger, more stable connection for playing music and podcasts from your phone.
Long-lasting battery life
The built-in rechargeable battery gives you up to 40 hours of playback when using Bluetooth and noise-canceling. Or using Bluetooth only, you get up to 50 hours between charges — very good for the category. If you ever run out of battery power when you're on the go, the included 3.5mm headphone cord lets you listen in "passive" mode for as long as you want.
Strong sound for music and more
These headphones are tuned to deliver a mids-forward sound with clear vocals that plays well for both tunes and podcasts. They also serve up deep, punchy bass.
JBL's special headphone sound signature has been honed by years and years of research and exhaustive user testing. We've visited their U.S. headquarters in California and seen their impressive testing facilities — they take this stuff seriously. It's helped them develop a sound profile that's been proven to satisfy most listeners.
Some cool extra convenience features
JBL added some nice touches to make these Bluetooth headphones extra-useful. Use buttons on the left earcup to access the Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa through your smartphone, then just speak your commands. You'll set up the voice control assistant of your choice using the company's free My Headphone app.
These headphones also come with an Ambient Aware mode, which uses the built-in mic to increase the volume of ambient sounds. That helps you stay aware of what's going on around you. There's also a handy TalkThru mode that reduces the volume of the music, so you can have conversations with others without removing the earbuds.
- comfortable over-ear design
- Bluetooth 5.0 connectivity for wireless music listening and phone calls with compatible smartphones
- 40mm dynamic drivers deliver immediate sound with punchy bass
- adaptive noise cancellation uses internal circuitry to reduces external distractions
Mobile app and easy controls:
- free My JBL Headphones app for Apple® or Android™ lets you adjust settings
- choose from sound presets or customize the EQ
- tap the left earcup to access Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa
- or say "Hey Google" to access Google Assistant (optional)
- requires one-time setup through the My JBL Headphones app
- buttons on right earcup offer music, volume, and call controls
- "Ambient" modes helps keep you aware of your surroundings
- ambient/aware mode lets you hear external sounds while you listen to music
- Talk Thru mode shuts off music and uses built-in mics to pick up voices
Battery life and general info:
- built-in rechargeable battery provides up to 40 hours of wireless music listening with active noise cancellation
- up to 50 hours of wireless music listening without noise-cancellation
- built-in microphone for hands-free calls
- fabric-covered headband and ergonomically designed earpads for long-lasting comfort
- includes 3.5mm miniplug headphone cable with woven jacket for wired listening
- USB charging cable included
- frequency response: 16-20,000 Hz
- impedance: 32 ohms
- weight: 9.6 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLLIVE660NCBLKAM
What's in the box:
- Wireless over-ear headphones (black)
- 48" Audio cable (straight 2.5mm plug on one end and angled 3.5mm plug on other end)
- 10" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Cloth storage pouch
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
- Download My JBL Headphones App instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Live 660 NC
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.023" x 3.667"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||16-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The JBL Live 660NC over-ear wireless noise-cancelling headphones let you listen to music or phone calls in peace and quiet, even in a noisy environment. The Live 660NCs feature Bluetooth 5.0 with on-board controls for volume, music playback, and phone calls. You can easily access the Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, or Siri directly from the headphones. The Live 660NC comes with a charging cable, cloth storage pouch, and a detachable audio cable to listen when the battery is low.
Drivers: The Live 660NC is equipped with large 40mm dynamic drivers to deliver JBL's legendary Signature Sound.
Voice Assistant: You can access the Google Assistant, Amazon Alexa, or Siri by touching the ear cup for 2 seconds. Setup for your preferred voice assistant is done in the JBL My Headphones app.
Bluetooth: The Live 660NC wireless over-ear headphones feature Bluetooth Version 5.0, and are compatible with A2DP (v1.3), AVRCP (v1.6), and HFP (v1.7) profiles. JBL's multi-point connection lets you easily switch from one Bluetooth device to another. Google Fast Pair immediately connects the headphones to your Android device as soon as you turn them on. You can pair to multiple devices just by tapping on the device's screen.
My JBL Headphones App: The My JBL Headphones App, available for iPhone / iPad (with iOS 10.0 or later) and Android (5.0 and up), lets you customize your listening experience. Through the app, you can set up your Voice Assistant with Amazon Alexa or Hey Google. You can activate and adjust the Adaptive Noise Cancellation, Ambient Aware, and TalkThru features. The app's Custom EQ provides three preset EQ curves (Jazz, Vocal, Bass) or you can adjust the 10-band EQ to personalize your sound the way you like it. The Auto Play and Pause feature, enabled in the app, automatically pauses your music playback when you remove the headphones, and restarts the music when you put them back on.
Battery: The Live 660NC over-ear wireless headphones are powered by a built-in 3.7V 750mAh Polymer lithium-ion rechargeable battery. The battery charges in approximately 2 hours via the supplied USB-C charging cable. A quick, 10-minute charge provides an extra 4 hours of playback time. Estimated battery life is 50 hours with Bluetooth on and ANC off, and 40 hours with Bluetooth and ANC on.
Wired Listening Mode: Using the included 4' audio cable, you can listen in wired listening mode. The ANC, Ambient Aware, and TalkThru features can all be activated in wired listening mode.
- Frequency Response: 16Hz to 20kHz
- Sensitivity: 97dB
- Maximum SPL: 94dB
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Battery Life: 50 hours (BT on/ANC off); 40 hours (BT on/ANC on)
- Ear Cup Dimensions:
- External: Width 3.023" Height 3.677" Depth 2.092"
- Internal: Width 1.487" Height 2.114" Depth 0.711"
- Weight: 9.25 ounces