About the JBL Live Free 2
Sleek noise-canceling earbuds with clear JBL sound
The JBL Live 2 charging case banks up to 28 hours to recharge the earbuds.
Sleek noise-canceling earbuds with clear JBL sound
The JBL Live Free 2 true wireless earbuds offer a lot of features in a sharp-looking package. Pop in these sweat-proof earbuds and use active noise cancellation to remove external distractions while you're on the go. You have touch control over music, calls, and more — plus 11mm drivers tuned for tight, deep bass with clean mids and highs.
JBL has developed a distinct sound signature, honed over the years by exhaustive user testing. This special balance of frequencies has been scientifically proven to satisfy most listeners — and informs the sound of these headphones.
Strong, reliable Bluetooth® pairing
These earbuds use Bluetooth 5.2 for robust connections when playing music or taking calls. Their Dual Connect + Sync feature automatically pairs the earbuds with your device the second the case is flipped open. You can use both earbuds together or one at a time. And "multipoint connection" allows you to pair to two devices simultaneously — so you can move back and forth from your laptop and phone.
Stay safe when you're out and about
When you need to be aware of your surroundings, you can turn off the active noise cancellation and activate JBL's "Smart Ambient" feature. This uses the built-in mic to increase the volume of ambient sounds, so you can hear what's going on around you. You can further fine tune the level of noise cancellation versus external sounds with the free, downloadable JBL Headphone app. It's available for Apple® and Android™.
Some convenient, on-the-go controls
JBL added some nice touches to make these earbuds extra-useful. You have touch controls out of the box. And after a one-time setup through the app, you can tap either earbud to access voice control through your smartphone.
Or, if you have a device running Android 6.0 or above, simply say "Hey Google" and the Google Assistant will recognize your command. Then you can follow it up with a request through the powerful, voice-detecting microphone array inside each earbud.
- 100% wire-free — no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- built-in Bluetooth 5.2 provides a strong connection to your phone for music and calls
- multipoint connection for pairing to two devices at once
- active noise cancellation uses internal circuitry and microphones on each earbud to reduces external noise
- "Smart Ambient" mode lets you hear external sounds without removing earbuds
- 11mm dynamic drivers tuned for clear sound with strong bass
- IPX5 sweat-resistant design
App and on-board controls:
- free My JBL Headphones app for Apple® or Android™ for customization and control
- choose from three sound presets or customize the EQ
- manually set the amount of noise cancellation and ambient noise allowed to come through
- touch controls for Bluetooth pairing, music playback, and calls on both earbuds
- built-in mics for taking calls
- use both earbuds in stereo or a single earbud in mono mode
- tap either earbud to access Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa
- say "Hey Google" to access Google Assistant (optional)
- requires one-time setup through the My JBL Headphones app
Battery and charging specs:
- built-in rechargeable batteries offer up to 6 hours of listening with noise cancellation (7 without)
- carrying case banks up to 28 hours of power to recharge earbuds
- 15-minute speed charge gives you up to four hours of listening
- USB-A to USB-C cable included for charging case
- three pairs of oval silicone ear tips for a comfortable, secure fit
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- earbud weight: 0.17 oz. (each)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLLIVEFREE2TWSBAM
What's in the box:
JBL Live Free 2 owner's manual
- Left and right wireless ear bud (black)
- Charging case
- 3 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 10" USB charging cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Safety Instruction and Warranty card
JBL Live Free 2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the JBL Live Free 2
Features & specs
|Fit Style||True Wireless|
|Earcup Width x Height||0.959" x 0.611"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The JBL Live Free 2 TWS ear buds are true wireless in-ear headphones with no connecting cables. Each ear bud has a built-in rechargeable battery, plus touch controls for power, music playback, phone calls, and activating your favorite voice assistant. The ear buds have an IPX5 certification for their resistance to water and sweat, so you can wear them in bad weather or while you work out. Live Free 2 TWS ear buds come with 3 pairs of silicone ear tips, a charging cable, and a hard, flip-top charging case that is compatible with Qi Wireless Charging.
Drivers: The JBL Live Free 2 TWS ear buds are equipped with 11mm dynamic drivers that deliver the JBL Signature Sound with a wide frequency range of 20Hz-20kHz.
Oval Tubes: The headphones were designed with new Oval Tubes™ which enhance the sound quality and improve noise cancellation. Oval-shaped silicone ear tips mimic the shape of the ear canal to provide a better fit.
Bluetooth: The ear buds connect to your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth version 5.2. The ear buds support A2DP (v1.3), AVRCP (v1.6), and HFP (v1.8). When you remove the ear buds from the charging case, they automatically enter pairing mode. Google's Fast Pair immediately pairs the Live Free 2 TWS to your Android device. Replacing them in the charging case powers them off. The headphones can pair to up to 2 devices in a multi-point connection.
My JBL Headphones App: The My JBL Headphones App, available for iPhone / iPad (with iOS 11.0 or later) and Android (7.0 and up), lets you customize your listening experience. Through the app, you can set up your Voice Assistant with Amazon Alexa or Hey Google. You can activate and adjust the True Adaptive Noise Cancellation, Smart Ambient, and TalkThru features. The app's Custom EQ provides preset EQ curves or you can adjust the 10-band EQ to personalize your sound the way you like it. The app also checks the fit of your ear tips and helps you find the optimal wear position.
3 Microphones: Each ear bud has three built-in microphones. Beamforming microphones are located at the end of the each ear bud's "post" for excellent voice clarity for phone calls and to communicate with your Voice Assistant. Additional microphones are located near the ear bud nozzle and on the outer portion of the ear bud to pick up sounds in the ear canal and environmental sounds all around you for the ANC and Smart Ambient features.
VoiceAware: The VoiceAware feature lets you adjust the amount of your own voice you want to hear by controlling the level of the mic input is routed back into your ear buds. The VoiceAware adjustments (low, medium, high) can be made in the JBL Headphones App.
True Adaptive Noise Cancelling / Smart Ambient / TalkThru: The True Adaptive Noise Cancelling and Smart Ambient features let you choose whether you want to shut out your environment or connect to it. True Adaptive Noise Cancelling automatically adjusts to your surroundings for more effective noise cancelling. In noisy environments, the noise cancelling ramps up to eliminate the noise more effectively. When things are quiet, the headphones don't have to work as hard to eliminate the distractions. Active Noise Cancelling lets you focus on your music or just enjoy the silence by eliminating noise from your surroundings. Microphones pick up ambient noise and ANC applies an equal-but-opposite audio signal to cancel that noise. If you want to be more aware of your surroundings, you can enable Smart Ambient, which take the sounds of your surroundings and send them into the earphones. You'll be able to listen to public announcements, or just hear what's going on around you, without removing your ear buds. The TalkThru feature simply lowers the level of the music in your earphones to let you talk to your friends without removing the ear buds.
Rechargeable Batteries: Each of the JBL Live Free 2 TWS ear buds contains a 3.85-volt 45mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The charging case contains its own 3.8-volt 620mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The ear buds provide up to 7 hours of continuous music playback, up to 6 hours with ANC on, and 5 hours with True Adaptive ANC on. The charging case adds another 28 hours, for 35 hours of total combined playback time. The ear buds charge in the case in less than two hours in the provided case with the supplied USB-C cable. A 15-minute Speed Charge gives you approximately 4 hours of playback time. The charging case is also Qi-compatible, so you can charge it on a wireless charging pad (not included) without having to plug it in. Wireless charging takes about 4 hours from empty.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Drivers: 11mm dynamic
- Impedance: 32Ω
- Sensitivity: 102dB SPL (1kHz / 1mW)
- Maximum SPL: 94dB SPL
- Ear Buds: Width 0.959", Height 0.611", Depth 0.943"
- Case: Width 2.207", Height 1.152", Depth 1.968"
- Ear Buds: 0.35 ounces (both)
- Case: 1.55 ounces (w/o ear buds)
Had Jaybird Run XT which I liked but sometimes hurt my ears. I typically am uncomfortable with ear buds but these JBL are super comfortable. Really good range. Can leave my phone outside and walk into my basement without losing the connection.
Richard from Lake Zurich, IL