About the JBL Live Free
Wire-free music — anywhere, anytime
Wire-free music — anywhere, anytime
JBL's Live Free true wireless earbuds are an affordable, feature-packed option if you're looking for solid sound on-the-go. The earbuds use 6.8mm drivers to deliver tight bass, clean mids, and detailed highs. They come with a charging case to extend your play time, and their IPX7 rating means they can survive immersion in water. Onboard touch controls give you easy access to the features you need throughout your busy day.
Bluetooth® pairing made easy
These earbuds use Bluetooth 5.1 for robust connections when playing music or taking calls. Their Dual Connect + Sync feature automatically pairs the earbuds with your device the second the case is flipped open. The earbuds pair to your device individually, meaning you can use just one earbud at a time. And they support Fast Pair by Google, which helps you get connected to compatible devices without having to drill into menus.
Versatile noise cancellation and onboard controls
The Live Free's active noise cancellation circuitry does a great job of blocking the world out. If you'd like to hear your environment, you can enable the Talk Thru and Ambient Aware functions. Those let you suspend and resume noise cancellation without taking the ear buds out, giving you improved awareness of what's going on around you.
There's a multi-function button on both earbuds for easy control. You can pick up and disconnect calls at the press of a button or play and pause your music. Each earbud has four built-in microphones to aid with voice clarity on calls. You can also use the onboard touch controls to seamlessly access Google Assistant or Alexa through your paired mobile device.
Enough battery for all-day listening
The earbuds can play music for up to seven hours before needing to be recharged. The included charging case banks up to 14 additional hours of play time, giving you 21 total hours of enjoyment. The case charges the earbuds from empty to full in about two hours.
Personalize the sound with an app
The My JBL Headphones app (free for iOS® and Android™) lets you tailor the earbuds to your liking. Set the amount of noise cancellation and how much ambient noise is allowed in. Choose between three different preset EQ options or create your own. The app even helps you choose the best fit when you use your earbuds for the first time, and it has a "find my buds" feature to help you locate the Live Frees if they've gone missing.
- true wireless earbuds
- 100% wire-free — no connecting cord between left and right earbuds
- active noise cancellation uses internal circuitry and microphones on each earbud to reduces external noise
- "Ambient Aware" mode lets you hear your surroundings without pausing music
- "TalkThru" mode pauses music, lowers environmental noise, and amplifies voices
- built-in Bluetooth 5.1 provides a strong connection to your phone for music and calls
- use both earbuds in stereo or a single earbud in mono mode
- mic for taking calls built into each earbud
- 6.8mm dynamic drivers tuned for strong bass
App and on-board controls:
- free My JBL Headphones app for Apple® or Android™ for customization and control
- choose from three sound presets or customize the EQ
- manually set the amount of noise cancellation and ambient noise allowed to come through
- touch controls for Bluetooth pairing, music playback, and calls on both earbuds
- tap either earbud to access Google Assistant or Amazon Alexa
- requires one-time setup through the My JBL Headphones app
Battery and charging specs:
- built-in rechargeable batteries offer up to 6 hours of listening with noise cancellation (7 without)
- carrying case banks up to 14 hours of power to recharge earbuds
- charges earbuds from empty to full in two hours
- USB-A to USB-C cable included for charging case
- three pairs of silicone eartips and two sleeves included for getting a comfy, secure fit
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- carrying case weight: 1.4 oz.
- earbud weight: 0.5 oz. (each)
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLLIVEFRNCPTWSUAM
What's in the box:
- Left and right wireless earbuds (blue)
- Charging case (blue)
- 3 Pairs of silicone ear tips (1 pair installed)
- 2 Pairs of gel sleeves (1 pair installed)
- 9" USB cable (Type A USB on one end and USB-C on other end)
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
- Amazon Alexa Set Up Guide
- Google Assistant Set Up Guide
JBL Live Free reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Live Free
Features & specs
|Fit Style||True Wireless|
|Earcup Width x Height||0.923" x 0.812"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||Yes|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The JBL Live Free NC+ TWS ear buds are true wireless in-ear headphones with no connecting cables. Each ear bud has a built-in rechargeable battery, plus touch controls for power, music playback, phone calls, and activating your favorite voice assistant. The ear buds have an IPX7 certification for their resistance to water and sweat, so you can wear them in bad weather or while you work out. Live Free NC+ TWS ear buds come with a charging cable, and a hard, flip-top charging case that is compatible with Qi Wireless Charging.
Drivers: The JBL Live Free NC+ TWS ear buds are equipped with 6.8mm dynamic drivers that deliver the JBL Signature Sound with a wide frequency range of 20Hz-20kHz.
Ear Tips / Gel-Sleeves: The ear buds include three pairs of silicone ear tips (S, M, L) for a comfortable fit. There are also two sizes of silicone gel-sleeves to help keep the ear buds in place, even during your workout.
Bluetooth: The ear buds connect to your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth version 5.1. The ear buds support A2DP (v1.3), AVRCP (v1.6), and HFP (v1.7). When you remove the ear buds from the charging case, they automatically enter pairing mode. Replacing them in the charging case powers them off.
My JBL Headphones App: With the My JBL Headphones app on your mobile device, you can gain extra features for your Live Free NC+ TWS ear buds. Through the app, you can setup access to your favorite Voice Assistant (Alexa or Google Assistant). There are 3 preset EQ curves, plus you can create or customize the EQ curves to your personal preferences. The app allows you to keep track of the battery status on your ear buds at a glance. The My JBL Headphones app is compatible with iOS devices (running version 11.0 or later) and Android devices (5.0 and up).
Stereo Calls: When your phone rings, a quick double-tap of the right ear bud connects you to the caller for a hands-free stereo phone call.
Microphones: Each ear bud has a built-in microphone for making phone calls, and using your smartphone's built-in voice assistant like Siri and Bixby, or Amazon Alexa or Google Assistant, if you have an account.
Active Noise Cancelling: The Live Free NC+ TWS features Active Noise Cancelling that lets you listen to your favorite tunes or your phone calls without distraction. Microphones in each earbud pick up surrounding noise, while ANC circuitry cancels that noise with an equal-but-opposite audio signal. You can toggle ANC on and off using the touch control pad on the left earbud.
Ambient Aware / Talk Thru: Ambient Aware uses the ear buds' built-in microphones to amplify the ambient noise around you to help you stay aware of your surroundings. The Talk Thru feature lets you carry on a conversation without having to remove the ear buds. You can toggle between the features in the My JBL Headphones app, and turn the features on and off using the touch pad on the left earbud.
Controls: The JBL Live Free NC+ TWS features intuitive controls that lets you play/pause, change tracks, take calls, adjust volume, and activate voice commands, by simply touching the touch pad on the right ear bud. The left ear bud handles activation of your favorite voice assistant, such as Alexa or Google Assistant. You can also toggle on/off ANC, Ambient Aware, and Talk Thru features.
Rechargeable Batteries: Each of the JBL Live Free NC+ TWS ear buds contains a 3.7-volt 50mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The charging case contains its own 3.7-volt 300mAh Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery. The ear buds provide up to 7 hours of continuous music playback, 6 hours with ANC on, while the charging case adds another 14 hours, for over 21 hours of total combined playback time. The ear buds charge in the case in less than two hours in the provided case with the supplied USB-C cable. A 10-minute Quick Charge gives you approximately 1 hour of playback time. The charging case is also Qi-compatible, so you can charge it on a wireless charging pad (not included) without having to plug it in. On the front of the charging case are four LEDs that indicate the charging level: 1 LED = < 25%, 2 LEDs = < 50%, 3 LEDs = < 75%, 0 LEDs = 100%.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- Drivers: 6.8mm dynamic
- Impedance: 16Ω
- Sensitivity: 96dB SPL (1kHz / 1mW)
- Maximum SPL: 94dB SPL
- Ear Buds: Width 0.923", Height 0.812", Depth 0.974"
- Case: Width 2.416", Height 1.389", Depth 1.187"
- Ear Buds: 0.24 ounces (each); 0.48 ounces (both)
- Case: 1.41 ounces (w/o ear buds); 1.89 ounces (with ear buds)