About the JBL LINK 10
“OK Google, play my party mix”
“OK Google, play my party mix”
How easy is it to use the JBL LINK 10 with Google Assistant built-in? Just say “OK, Google.” The speaker's integrated far-field mic hears, and Google Assistant obeys. Tell it to play a favorite song, give you the weather, make a note for your shopping list, and more. Google Assistant gives you easy voice control over compatible smart home devices from Wemo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, and others. And the JBL LINK 10 doubles as a waterproof Bluetooth speaker, so you can take your music just about anywhere.
Chromecast for high-quality audio streaming
The LINK 10 uses Google's Chromecast built-in wireless audio platform. Stream music over your Wi-Fi® network from your favorite apps on your smartphone or tablet, such as Spotify®, TIDAL, Pandora®, Google Play Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. Chromecast also plays music directly from the cloud, including great-sounding high-resolution audio files up to 24-bit/96kHz.
Simple multi-room audio
You can also make the LINK 10 part of a wireless whole-house audio system using your Wi-Fi network and other JBL LINK speakers. Have the LINK 20 in the den play a Pandora station, while the LINK 500 in the family room plays a Spotify playlist. Or have multiple LINK speakers play the same song. And you can control it all just by saying "OK, Google."
Plus it's portable!
The LINK 10 is also one handy portable speaker. It's completely waterproof and delivers up to 5 hours on a single battery charge. If you're outside the range of your home Wi-Fi, you can stream to the speaker via Bluetooth. The LINK 10 has Bluetooth 4.2 built-in, so you can enjoy near-CD-quality sound with compatible devices.
Roon-compatible for serious music lovers
The LINK 10 is also compatible with Roon, a subscription digital music player you download to your smartphone, tablet, or computer. It gives you multi-room audio playback for all your Chromecast-compatible devices and more. Roon accesses your digital music collection from your iTunes library or NAS drive. It also works with your TIDAL subscription. Roon lets you do deep dives into your music, showing artist bios, photos, reviews, and lyrics. Roon can also suggest other artists and songs based on your selections, making it easy to discover new music you'll enjoy.
- two 1-3/4" full-range speakers for stereo sound
- maximum power: 16 watts (2 x 8 watts)
- frequency response: 65-20,000 Hz
- built-in Bluetooth 4.2 for streaming near-CD-quality music from your smartphone or tablet
- built-in voice control via Google Assistant
- far-field microphone and natural language processing ensure reliable voice recognition
- stay in the know about weather, traffic, finance, sports, and more
- set alarms, start timers, and add items to your shopping list
- Chromecast built-in for creating a multi-room audio setup with other JBL LINK wireless speakers
- control multi-room playback with two or more LINK wireless speakers
- control Chromecast built-in-compatible streaming services such as Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora, Google Play Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio (subscription required for some services)
- 24bit-96kHz cloud streaming via Chromecast built-in
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi for easy and stable connection to your network and the internet
- IPX7-rated — waterproof down to 3 feet for up to 30 minutes
- built-in rechargeable battery delivers up to 5 hours of operation (USB charging cable included)
- 6-11/16"H x 3-7/16"D
- weight: 1.56 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLLINK10BLKUS
What's in the box:
- Voice-activated network speaker
- 40" microUSB-to-USB cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Important Safety Instructions
- "Meet your Google Assistant" note
More details on the JBL LINK 10
Link Series: The JBL Link 10 is a hands-free voice-activated speaker with Chromecast Audio Built-in & Google Assistant. Merging JBL's signature sound and Google's voice assistant technology, the JBL Link 10 brings together great sound and with a powerful digital voice assistant. The Link 10 also features high-definition music streaming with Chromecast Built-In, providing endless entertainment from the most popular music and entertainment apps - all through simple voice-commands. In addition, the Link 10 supports Bluetooth audio streaming.
Wireless Network Connection: To enjoy Chromecast Built-In & Google Assistant, you will need to connect the JBL Link 10 to your wireless home network. The JBL Link 10 is equipped with dual-band (2.4GHz/5GHz) WiFi (802.11b/g/n/ac) for a high-performance wireless network connection.
Easy Setup with the Google Home App: Use the Google Home App for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.2+ to connect the JBL Link 10 to your home's wireless WiFi network, as well as setup the Google Assistant & Chromecast Built-in from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. You also get to configure compatible apps within the Google Home App, plus adjust other various settings.
Room Filling Stereo Sound: The JBL Link 10 is equipped with two 1.75" drivers powered by a 16 watt amplifier for room-filling stereo sound.
IPX7 Waterproof Design: The JBL Link 10 speaker features a rugged rubberized housing and a durable fabric material grille which will hold up indoors and outdoors. Its waterproof (IPX7 rated) design makes it safe to take the speaker out on the deck, in the backyard, or poolside. The IPX7 rating means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge the Link 10 in water up to 1 meter (3') for up to 30 minutes.
Note: To ensure that the JBL Link 10 is waterproof, please remove all cable connections and tightly close the cap; exposing the JBL Link 10 to liquids without doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker. Do not expose JBL Link 10 to water while charging, as doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker or power source.
Rechargeable Battery: The JBL Link 10 is equipped with a built-in, rechargeable lithium-ion polymer battery (4000mAh) that provides up to 5 hours of playback time. The battery can be charged using the speaker's microUSB input, the included microUSB-to-USB cable, and a USB power source (not included). It takes approximately 4 hours to fully charge the battery.
Automatic OTA Updates: All new firmware & software updates will happen over-the-air (OTA) automatically. The Link 10 must to be connected to your WiFi network with at least 30% battery and plugged into the charger to automatically update new firmware & software.
Chromecast Built-In: With Chromecast built-in, you can instantly stream select online music, radio, and podcast services from your Apple iOS or Android device to the JBL Link 10 speaker. Chromecast built-in streams your music directly from the cloud instead of from your phone, so you won't lose any sound quality or drain your device's battery.
Note: The JBL Link 10 is not made for video streaming; you will experience video delay when streaming YouTube and any other videos.
24-Bit/96kHz Audio: Chromecast Built-In streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the highest sound quality (up to 24-bit/96kHz) and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. The JBL Link supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files.
Music & Radio: Chromecast Built-in lets you play music from popular music services by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, YouTube Music, iHeart Radio, and more (subscription fees may apply). Chromecast Built-in currently supports a single account per user (up to 6) and streaming service.
Podcasts: With the JBL Link 10 and Chromecast Built-in, you can listen to your favorite podcasts and shows. Currently, you can't request podcasts from partner podcast players - like Spotify, Google Play Music, and TuneIn.
News, Weather & Sports: With Chromecast Built-in you'll get the latest news and weather from sources you trust. You can listen to top headlines, get the latest on a certain category of news (like world, weather, business, tech, etc.), or ask about a specific news item. With Chromecast Built-in, you can even stay up-to-date on your favorite sports, teams, and games.
Android Music Library: Stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 4.4.2+) device to the JBL Link 10. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device.
Multi-Room Audio: Group multiple speakers with Chromecast built-in together to enjoy the same song in every room through the Google Home App on your Apple iOS or Android device. Now, you can enjoy music streaming in high-resolution (up to 24-bit/96kHz) across all your Chromecast enabled speakers.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: In addition to streaming music over your wireless network through Chromecast Built-In, the Link 10 also offers built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP/AVRCP). You can stream stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, or computer) to the JBL Link 10. Up to three devices can be paired with the Link 10, but only one device can be used to stream music at a time. Once paired, the Link 10 will automatically re-connect with paired devices when in wireless range (up to 33').
- SBC & AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the JBL Link 10 offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the Link 10 offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Playback Control: You'll also be able to operate Play & Pause functions from the speaker's top-panel controls. In addition to Play/Pause, you are able to skip to the next track using the Google Assistant and your voice.
Note: The Link 10 does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone communication (HFP). However, you can use the Google Assistant over your WiFi network to make phone calls.
Built-in Google Assistant: The JBL Link 10 is a voice-activated speaker powered by Google Assistant. By saying "Ok Google", the Link 10 can help perform tasks like playing a favorite song or controlling smart home devices, checking the latest weather, traffic, & finance reports, and finding out the latest sports scores. Thanks to Google's rich history in search, the JBL Link with Google Assistant is ready for all your questions and commands.
- Far-Field Voice Recognition: Far-field voice recognition allows for easy hands-free operation. Say your commands and ask your questions from across the room and the JBL Link 10 will respond. Four LED's on the front of the Link 10 will light up to indicate that it heard your command or question and is working on a response or action.
- Microphone Mute: You can mute the JBL Link 10's microphone for privacy. Four amber LED lights will indicate that you have muted the microphone and the Google Assistant. The Link 10 will not react to any voice keywords unless you un-mute the microphone.
- Multi-User Accounts: The Google Assistant has the ability to recognize up to six different users. So when you ask the Google Assistant for help, it can distinguish your voice from your spouse or kids, and you'll be able to hear your own personal playlists, your own commute time, your own schedule and more.
Note: Click here for Google Home's FAQ site.
Music & Radio: Use your voice to select, play, and control music from compatible Chromecast Built-In music services - like Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, YouTube Music, iHeart Radio, and more.
Home Entertainment Compatible: Using only your voice, you can initiate and control audio to any speaker, receiver, or TV with Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, or Chromecast built-in. You'll have access to Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume control of each compatible device.
News, Weather & Sports: With the built-in Google Assistant, you can ask about top headlines, get the latest on a certain category of news (like world, weather, business, tech, etc.), or ask about a specific news item. With Google Assistant, you can even stay up-to-date on your favorite sports, teams, and games using just your voice.
Hands-Free Calling: The JBL Link 10 with Google Assistance supports hands-free calling, so you can call friends, family, and businesses using just your voice. Call your own personal contacts or millions of businesses thanks to Google's extensive business listings. You can also call a number by speaking it aloud. Google does not record any of the phone conversation. Answering incoming calls and calls to emergency services are not supported.
Smart Home Automation: The JBL Link with Google Assistant lets you control devices around your home from Google Home compatible smart home automation partners - like Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Belkin Wemo, Nest, Honeywell, and more. You can even create your own voice commands for the Google Assistant on your Apple iOS or Android device using IFTTT (If This, Then That).
- Light Control: With Philips Hue or lights connected to Samsung SmartThings, you can use your voice to control the lights around your house without touching a switch (Philips Hue Scenes are not supported).
- Smart Plugs & Switch Control: You can also use your voice to control Belkin Wemo plugs or switches and plugs or switches connected to SmartThings using just your voice and the Google Assistant.
- Thermostat Control: You can use your voice with the Google Assistant to control the temperature in your home, switch between heating and cooling modes, and more (compatible thermostats include the Nest Thermostat, the Honeywell thermostat, or select thermostats connected to Samsung SmartThings).
Manage Tasks & Plan Your Day: Ask the JBL Link 10 with Google Assistant about your day and hear the information you need without going online or opening your calendar. Also, use voice commands to set alarms and timers for things you need to do.
- Calendar & Event Information: Use Google Home and Google Calendar to get information about an event or get your schedule for the day from Google Calendar - using only your voice. Currently, you will only hear events from the main calendar associated with the Google Account used to set up Google Home. You can't add events to your Google Calendar using your voice. You can even use Google Assistant and Gmail to get status updates on your upcoming flights.
- Traffic, Commute, & Flight Information: With Google Home, you can always get to work on time by hearing information about your commute, traffic conditions, and your estimated time of arrival. You can even call a car to come pick you up with Uber.
- Weather Forecast Information: With Google Home, you can listen to the current weather and upcoming forecast for your location using only your voice.
- Local Business & Shopping Info: With Google Assistant, you can search for local places and ask for important information, like hours of operation or addresses. Order everyday essentials & add items to your shopping list with your Google Assistant on Google Home.
- Alarms & Timers: Set, check, cancel, stop, and snooze multiple recurring alarms. Never run late or miss a flight or meeting. You can set and manage alarms with just your voice. Set and manage a timer for cooking, game time, laundry and to track other activities using the timer on Google Home. It's great for the kitchen, but can be used in the living room, bedroom, and more. Set, pause, check, resume, and cancel timers.
Get Answers: The Link 10's built-in Google Assistant helps you find answers for many of your daily questions through the Google search engine - including calculations, translations, unit conversions, nutrition, dictionary, finances, facts, and more.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked