About the JBL Link Music
Super convenience, classic JBL sound
Wirelessly stream via Bluetooth from your smartphone or tablet, or access internet music services using Wi-Fi.
Super convenience, classic JBL sound
The JBL Link Music combines the convenience of Google Assistant voice control with the great sound of a JBL speaker. Enjoy easy hands-free access to your favorite music on Spotify®, YouTube Music®, and Apple® Music.
Use your voice to tell this compact powered speaker to play tunes from these or other popular streaming services (subscriptions required). Listen to internet radio stations or your favorite podcasts on demand. Get news and weather updates, stock information, and more just by asking. The Link Music delivers it all with spacious 360° sound.
Wireless streaming options
With the JBL Link Music you've got choices. The speaker wirelessly connects with your home Wi-Fi network for access to internet-based music sources. You can also stream directly to the Link Music from your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth. And if you use an Apple iPhone® or iPad®, you can stream music via AirPlay 2, and use Siri to control playback from Apple Music.
Google Home app
Initial setup is done through the free Google Home app, available from the Apple App store and Google Play. The speaker has Google Chromecast built-in. That means you can link it with other Google Chromecast devices in your home for multi-room audio.
Quality sound and design
The JBL Link Music features a down-firing full-range driver powered by a 20-watt amplifier, with side-firing passive radiators to reinforce the bass. The speaker's woven cloth cover gives it an eye-catching appearance. And its small footprint — less than 4-1/2" in diameter — lets you place it just about anywhere in a room.
- built-in Bluetooth for streaming music from your smartphone or tablet
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi for a stable connection to your network and the internet
- Chromecast built-in for creating a multi-room audio setup with other compatible wireless speakers
- Apple AirPlay® 2 for streaming directly from your iPhone® or iPad® and asking Siri to play Apple Music
- supports AAC, MP3, Vorbis, WAV, FLAC and Opus digital formats
Google Assistant functions:
- built-in voice control
- Google Home app control
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- Google Home app must be used for initial speaker setup
- stay in the know about weather, traffic, finance, sports, and more
- set alarms, start timers, and add items to your shopping list
- control multi-room playback with two or more compatible wireless speakers
- control Chromecast built-in-compatible streaming services such as Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora®, Google Play Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio (subscription required for some services)
- one 2-1/2" down-firing driver and two side-firing passive bass radiators
- full 360° sound
- amplifier power: 20 watts
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz
- AC power required (power cable included)
- 4-7/16" diameter x 5-5/16"H
- weight: 1.6 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLLINKMUSICBLKAM
What's in the box:
- Wireless audio smart speaker
- 59" AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
JBL Link Music reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Link Music
JBL 360-Degree Pro Sound: The JBL Link Music wireless audio speaker delivers audio in every direction for 360-degree room-filling sound. The JBL Link Music features a down-firing, high-excursion full-range 2.5" transducer powered by a built-in 20W digital amplifier with digital signal processing (DSP), plus dual side-firing passive radiators. You'll hear crystal clear highs, sharp mids, and deep bass from your wireless audio music content.
WiFi Certified: To enjoy Chromecast Built-In with Google Assistant and AirPlay 2 with Siri, you will need to connect the JBL Link Music to your wireless home network. The JBL Link Music is equipped with 2.4GHz+5GHZ dual-band WiFi 802.11ac for a high-performance wireless network connection.
Google Home App: The JBL Link Music can be easily setup, managed, and controlled through the free Google Home app (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) on your compatible smartphone or tablet device. Use the Google Home App to connect the JBL Link 20 to your home's wireless WiFi network, as well as setup the Google Assistant & Chromecast Built-in from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. You also get to configure compatible apps within the Google Home App, plus adjust other various settings.
Chromecast Built-In: With Chromecast built-in, you can instantly stream select online music, radio, and podcast services from your Apple iOS or Android device to the JBL Link Music speaker. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the JBL Link Music speaker. While you are casting, you can still use your smartphone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room (however, your phone must stay connected to the same WiFi network as the Link Music speaker). While you are casting, you can still use your phone to answer a phone call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing through the JBL Link Music system.
- Music, Radio, & Podcasts: Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. Play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, Google Play, iHeart Radio, YouTube Music, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 4.4.2+) device to the JBL Link Music You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker.
- News, Weather & Sports: With Chromecast Built-in you'll get the latest news and weather from sources you trust. You can listen to top headlines, get the latest on a certain category of news (like world, weather, business, tech, etc.), or ask about a specific news item. With Chromecast Built-in, you can even stay up-to-date on your favorite sports, teams, and games.
- Multiroom Audio: The JBL Link Music delivers multiroom audio capability by adding additional JBL Link Series and other Chromecast built-in speakers (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) to create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android device, or using the built-in Google Assistant and your voice.
Built-in Google Assistant: The JBL Link Music is a voice-activated speaker with two 8built-in far-field microphones and powered by Google Assistant. By saying "Hey Google" or "Ok Google", the Link Music can help perform tasks like playing a favorite song or controlling smart home devices, checking the latest weather, traffic, & finance reports, and finding out the latest sports scores. Thanks to Google's rich history in search data, the JBL Link Music with Google Assistant is ready for all your questions and commands. The Google Assistant has the ability to recognize up to six different users. So, when you ask the Google Assistant for help, it can distinguish your voice from your spouse or kids, and you'll be able to hear your own personal playlists, your own commute time, your own schedule and more. The Google Assistant can assist you in a variety of ways with everyday tasks - all you have to is ask.
- Entertainment Control: Use your voice to select, play, and control music from compatible Chromecast Built-In music services - like Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, YouTube Music, iHeart Radio, and more. Using only your voice, you can also initiate and control audio to any speaker, receiver, or TV with Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, or Chromecast built-in. You'll have access to Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume control of each compatible device.
- Smart Home Automation: The JBL Music with Google Assistant lets you control smart devices around your home from Google Home compatible smart home automation partners - like Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Belkin Wemo, Nest, Honeywell, and more. You can even create your own voice commands for the Google Assistant on your Apple iOS or Android device using IFTTT (If This, Then That).
- News, Weather & Sports: With the built-in Google Assistant, you can ask about top headlines, get the latest on a certain category of news (like world, weather, business, tech, etc.), or ask about a specific news item. With Google Assistant, you can even stay up-to-date on your favorite sports, teams, and games using just your voice.
- Calendar & Schedule Planning: Use Google Home and Google Calendar to get information about an event or get your schedule for the day from Google Calendar - using only your voice. Currently, you will only hear events from the main calendar associated with the Google Account used to set up Google Home. You can't add events to your Google Calendar using your voice. You can even use Google Assistant and Gmail to get status updates on your upcoming flights.
Traffic, Commute, & Flight Information: With Google Home, you can always get to work on time by hearing information about your commute, traffic conditions, and your estimated time of arrival. You can even call a car to come pick you up with Uber.
Alarms & Timers: Set, check, cancel, stop, and snooze multiple recurring alarms. Never run late or miss a flight or meeting. You can set and manage alarms with just your voice. Set and manage a timer for cooking, game time, laundry and to track other activities using the timer on Google Home. It's great for the kitchen, but can be used in the living room, bedroom, and more. Set, pause, check, resume, and cancel timers.
- You are able to mute the soundbar's microphones for extra privacy and security protection when not using the Google Assistant.
- The JBL Link Music does not support every Google Assistant command or function. For example, it does not support phone calls.
- If you have multiple Google Assistant devices in your home, the device with the best microphone reception will respond to your voice command.
- Click here Google Assistant support page.
Apple AirPlay 2: Apple AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any sound from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the JBL Link Music and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You will also be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music on the JBL Link Music speaker. You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the JBL Link Music.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The JBL Link Music offers built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP). You can wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content on your Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, or computer) to the Link Music speaker. You'll still control music playback and view song/artist/album information from your Bluetooth source device. Multiple devices can be paired with the speaker, but only one device can be used to stream music at a time. Once paired, the unit will automatically re-connect with paired devices when in wireless range (up to 33').
- To use Bluetooth, the JBL Link Music must be setup using the Google Home app first. The Bluetooth feature requires an Google account sign-in before it is enabled.
- Bluetooth audio cannot be controlled via the Google Assistant and your voice.
- The JBL Link Music does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication (HFP) for answering and making phone calls.
Mounting Options: The JBL Link Music features an integrated non-slip rubber base so it can be safely placed on a counter, desk, nightstand, shelf, endtable, or other flat tabletop surface.
Note: The JBL Link Music does not offer a bracket, keyhole slot, or threaded insert to wall mount the speaker.
AC Power Cord: The JBL Link Music comes with a detachable 59" AC power cord which needs to be plugged into the back of the speaker and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Note: The JBL Link Music speaker is not battery powered.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
1 question already asked