About the JBL LINK VIEW
“OK Google, show me”
“OK Google, show me”
The LINK VIEW is splash-proof, making it ideal for kitchen use.
The obvious place for the JBL LINK VIEW is in the kitchen. The VIEW features an 8" HD touchscreen that can legibly display online recipes. And the LINK VIEW is splash proof, so it can handle an occasional whoopsie as you mix ingredients. But there's much more to this versatile device.
The LINK VIEW has Google Assistant built-in. Tell it to play a favorite song, give you the weather, and more. Google Assistant gives you hands-free voice control over compatible smart home devices from Wemo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, and others. Plus, you can stream music from your smartphone or tablet via Bluetooth®.
Google Assistant on-screen
The LINK VIEW has a built-in 8” HD touchscreen that can display time, weather and more. Make a slideshow of pictures you've stored in Google Photos. Call up YouTube videos to watch on-screen. Gather information at a glance from your smart home and other connected devices.
The LINK VIEW has a built-in front-facing 5-megapixel camera. Using Google Duo you can make video calls that look — and sound — clear. There's a built-in privacy switch, too, so you can easily mute the microphone and shutter the camera.
A touchscreen makes all the difference
I have a powered speaker with Google Assistant and was quite happy with it. So I wasn't sure if using Google Assistant with a touchscreen would make that much difference. After living with the JBL LINK VIEW a while, I can tell you it does. Having basic info like weather and time on the display means I don't have to ask for it. And it really makes a difference with recipes.
Call up a recipe, and the LINK VIEW shows the list of ingredients. Plus it displays the directions a few steps at a time. After completing a step, we can just touch the screen to check it off. (Good thing the screen's moisture-resistant.)
When family visited for the holidays, I had a slide show of our last get-together playing on the LINK VIEW. That was a real conversation-starter.
And the speaker goes dormant when we go to bed. It doesn't waste power showing pictures no one will see. It only turns back on when it detects activity in the room — like when I start to make breakfast.
We went from “don't need it” to “can't live without it” in about a week!
Chromecast for audio streaming
The LINK VIEW uses Google's Chromecast built-in wireless audio platform. Stream music over your Wi-Fi® network from your favorite apps on your smartphone or tablet, such as Spotify®, TIDAL, Pandora®, Google Play Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio.
Simple multi-room audio
You can also make the LINK VIEW part of a wireless whole-house audio system using your Wi-Fi network and JBL LINK and other Chromecast-compatible speakers. Have a LINK 10 in the bedroom play a Pandora station, while the LINK VIEW in the kitchen plays a Spotify playlist. Or have multiple LINK speakers play the same song. And you can control it all just by saying "OK, Google."
- two 2" full-range drivers
- 10 watts RMS x 2 built-in amplification
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz
- built-in Bluetooth 4.2 for streaming near-CD-quality music from your smartphone or tablet
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera
- 8" HD touchscreen
- privacy switch to shutter camera and mute microphone
- built-in voice control via Google Assistant
- far-field microphone and natural language processing ensure reliable voice recognition
- stay in the know about weather, traffic, finance, sports, and more
- access services such as Google Photos, Google Duo, and YouTube
- set alarms, start timers, and add items to your shopping list
- Chromecast built-in for creating a multi-room audio setup with other compatible wireless speakers and devices
- control multi-room playback with two or more LINK wireless speakers
- control Chromecast built-in-compatible streaming services such as Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora, Google Play Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio (subscription required for some services)
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi for easy and stable connection to your network and the internet
- IPX4-rated splash-proof
- AC adapter
- 13-1/16"W x 5-15/16"H x 3-15/16"D
- weight: 2.86 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLLINKVIEWBLAKAM
What's in the box:
- Voice activated speaker w/ built-in video screen
- 5.5' AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Important Safety Instructions
More details on the JBL LINK VIEW
JBL Link View: The JBL Link View is a hands-free voice-activated speaker with Chromecast Audio Built-in & Google Assistant. Merging JBL's signature sound and Google's voice assistant technology, the JBL Link View brings together great sound and with a powerful digital voice assistant. The Link View also features high-definition music streaming with Chromecast Built-In, providing endless entertainment from the most popular music and entertainment apps - all through simple voice-commands. In addition, the Link View features a built-in 8" high-definition video touchscreen and a 5MP front-facing camera.
Wireless Network Connection: To enjoy Chromecast Built-In & Google Assistant, you will need to connect the JBL Link View to your wireless home network. The JBL Link View is equipped with dual-band (2.4GHz/5GHz) WiFi (802.11b/g/n/ac) for a high-performance wireless network connection. There is no hardwired Ethernet network connection.
Easy Setup with the Google Home App: Use the Google Home App for Apple iOS 9.0+ and Android OS 4.2+ to connect the JBL Link View to your home's wireless WiFi network, as well as setup the Google Assistant & Chromecast Built-in from your compatible Apple iOS or Android device. You also get to configure compatible apps within the Google Home App, plus adjust other various settings.
8" High-Definition Touchscreen: The JBL Link View's 8" high-definition touchscreen monitor lets you see more of the information and content you want and need. Watch the news and see weather reports, enjoy YouTube and other online video content, as well as look at your Google Photos on the 8" touchscreen monitor. You also get to enjoy song/artist information and album art while playing music. The touchscreen display has an auto brightness feature or you can manually adjust the brightness level. The touchscreen interface works like your smartphone or tablet with simple finger swipes and taps.
5MP Front-Facing Camera: The built-in 5MP front-facing camera lets you enjoy live video chats with friends & family that use the Google Duo App (for Apple iOS & Android). There is a manual switch to turn off the camera for a higher level of privacy and security.
Splash Proof & Easy To Clean: The JBL Link View is IPX-4 rated, splash-proof, and easy to clean, making it ideal for the kitchen or bathroom. It also makes a great addition to your bedroom's nightstand or office desk. The JBL Link View is only splash-proof and should not be submerged in or subject to a lot of water.
JBL Full-Range Sound: The JBL Link Video is equipped with two 2" full-range drivers powered by a 10W x 2ch amplifier and rear-firing passive radiator for a frequency response of 60Hz to 20kHz (-6dB).
AC Power Adapter: The JBL Link Video includes a detachable 5.5' AC power cord that will need to be plugged into an AC power wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately). The JBL Link View is not battery powered.
Automatic OTA Updates: All new firmware & software updates will happen over-the-air (OTA) automatically. The Link View must to be connected to your WiFi network with at least 30% battery and plugged into the charger to automatically update new firmware & software.
Chromecast Built-In: With Chromecast built-in, you can instantly stream select online music, radio, and podcast services from your Apple iOS or Android device to the JBL Link View speaker. Chromecast built-in streams your music directly from the cloud instead of from your phone, so you won't lose any sound quality or drain your device's battery.
Note: The JBL Link View is not made for video streaming; you will experience video delay when streaming YouTube and any other videos.
24-Bit/96kHz Audio: Chromecast Built-In streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the highest sound quality (up to 24-bit/96kHz) and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. The JBL Link supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files.
Music & Radio: Chromecast Built-in lets you play music from popular music services by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, YouTube Music, iHeart Radio, and more (subscription fees may apply). You even get to view song/artist information and album art on the built-in touchscreen monitor. Chromecast Built-in currently supports a single account per user (up to 6) and streaming service.
Podcasts: With the JBL Link View and Chromecast Built-in, you can listen to your favorite podcasts and shows. Currently, you can't request podcasts from partner podcast players - like Spotify, Google Play Music, and TuneIn.
News, Weather & Sports: With Chromecast Built-in you'll get the latest news and weather from sources you trust. You can listen to and see the top headlines, get the latest on a certain category of news (like world, weather, business, tech, etc.), or ask about a specific news item. With Chromecast Built-in, you can even stay up-to-date on your favorite sports, teams, and games.
Android Music Library: Stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 4.4.2+) device to the JBL Link View. The built-in touchscreen monitor will display song/artist information with album art. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device.
Multi-Room Audio: Group multiple speakers with Chromecast built-in together to enjoy the same song in every room through the Google Home App on your Apple iOS or Android device. Now, you can enjoy music streaming in high-resolution (up to 24-bit/96kHz) across all your Chromecast enabled speakers.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: In addition to streaming music over your wireless network through Chromecast Built-In, the Link View also offers built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP/AVRCP). You can stream stored music and music apps on your Bluetooth source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, or computer) to the JBL Link View. Up to three devices can be paired with the Link View, but only one device can be used to stream music at a time. Once paired, the Link View will automatically re-connect with paired devices when in wireless range (up to 33').
- SBC & AAC Codecs: In addition to support for the standard SBC Bluetooth audio codec, the JBL Link View offers support of AAC. By supporting AAC, the Link View offers better audio performance of the music streamed from your Apple iPod, iPhone, or iPad.
- Playback Control: You'll also be able to operate Play & Pause functions from the speaker's touchscreen. In addition to Play/Pause, you are able to skip to the next track using the Google Assistant and your voice.
- Song/Artist Display: The built-in touchscreen monitor will display song/artist information (no album art over Bluetooth).
Note: The Link View does not support Bluetooth hands-free phone communication (HFP). However, you can use the Google Assistant over your WiFi network to make phone calls.
Built-in Google Assistant: The JBL Link View is a voice-activated speaker powered by Google Assistant. By saying "Ok Google", the Link View can help perform tasks like playing a favorite song or controlling smart home devices, checking the latest weather, traffic, & finance reports, and finding out the latest sports scores. Thanks to Google's rich history in search, the JBL Link with Google Assistant is ready for all your questions and commands.
- Far-Field Voice Recognition: Far-field voice recognition allows for easy hands-free operation. Say your commands and ask your questions form across the room and the JBL Link View will respond.
- Microphone Mute: There is a manual switch to turn off the microphone for a higher level of privacy and security. The Link View will not react to any voice keywords unless you turn the microphone back on.
- Multi-User Accounts: The Google Assistant has the ability to recognize up to six different users. So when you ask the Google Assistant for help, it can distinguish your voice from your spouse or kids, and you'll be able to hear your own personal playlists, your own commute time, your own schedule and more.
Notes: Click here for Google Home's FAQ site.
Music & Radio: Use your voice to select, play, and control music from compatible Chromecast Built-In music services - like Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, YouTube Music, iHeart Radio, and more.
Home Entertainment Compatible: Using only your voice, you can initiate and control audio to any speaker, receiver, or TV with Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, or Chromecast built-in. You'll have access to Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume control of each compatible device.
News, Weather & Sports: With the built-in Google Assistant, you can ask about top headlines, get the latest on a certain category of news (like world, weather, business, tech, etc.), or ask about a specific news item. With Google Assistant, you can even stay up-to-date on your favorite sports, teams, and games using just your voice.
Hands-Free Calling with Video Chat: The JBL Link View with Google Assistance supports hands-free calling, so you can call friends, family, and businesses using just your voice. Call your own personal contacts or millions of businesses thanks to Google's extensive business listings. You can also call a number by speaking it aloud. And thanks to the Link View's built-in 8" touchscreen monitor you can even video chat with Google Duo App users. Google does not record any of the phone conversation. Answering incoming calls and calls to emergency services are not supported.
Smart Home Automation: The JBL Link with Google Assistant lets you control devices around your home from Google Home compatible smart home automation partners - like Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Belkin Wemo, Nest, Honeywell, and more. You can even create your own voice commands for the Google Assistant on your Apple iOS or Android device using IFTTT (If This, Then That).
- Doorbells & Cameras: Use the Link View's built-in 8" touchscreen monitor to show you who is on camera or at the door when connected to smart home cameras and doorbell systems (including Nest & Ring).
- Light Control: With Philips Hue or lights connected to Samsung SmartThings, you can use your voice to control the lights around your house without touching a switch (Philips Hue Scenes are not supported).
- Smart Plugs & Switch Control: You can also use your voice to control Belkin Wemo plugs or switches and plugs or switches connected to SmartThings using just your voice and the Google Assistant.
- Thermostat Control: You can use your voice with the Google Assistant to control the temperature in your home, switch between heating and cooling modes, and more (compatible thermostats include the Nest Thermostat, the Honeywell thermostat, or select thermostats connected to Samsung SmartThings).
Manage Tasks & Plan Your Day: Ask the JBL Link View with Google Assistant about your day and hear the information you need without going online or opening your calendar. Also, use voice commands to set alarms and timers for things you need to do.
- Calendar & Event Information: Use Google Home and Google Calendar to get information about an event or get your schedule for the day from Google Calendar - using only your voice. Currently, you will only hear and see events from the main calendar associated with the Google Account used to set up Google Home. You can't add events to your Google Calendar using your voice. You can even use Google Assistant and Gmail to get status updates on your upcoming flights.
- Traffic, Commute, & Flight Information: With Google Home, you can always get to work on time by hearing and seeing information about your commute, traffic conditions, and your estimated time of arrival. You can even call a car to come pick you up with Uber.
- Weather Forecast Information: With Google Home, you can listen to and see the current weather and upcoming forecast for your location using only your voice.
- Local Business & Shopping Info: With Google Assistant, you can search for local places and ask for important information, like hours of operation or addresses. Order everyday essentials & add items to your shopping list with your Google Assistant on Google Home.
- Alarms & Timers: Set, check, cancel, stop, and snooze multiple recurring alarms. Never run late or miss a flight or meeting. You can set and manage alarms with just your voice. Set and manage a timer for cooking, game time, laundry and to track other activities using the timer on Google Home. It's great for the kitchen, but can be used in the living room, bedroom, and more. Set, pause, check, resume, and cancel timers.
Get Answers: The Link View's built-in Google Assistant helps you find answers for many of your daily questions through the Google search engine - including calculations, translations, unit conversions, nutrition, dictionary, finances, facts, and more.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?