About the JBL MBP10
A rugged powered sub for your boat
A rugged powered sub for your boat
JBL's MBP10 powered subwoofer is made for marine use and designed to produce big bass that'll sound great on your boat. With its 250-watt built-in amplifier, this 10" sub will fill your boat with the precise, powerful bottom-end thump you crave. You get all this in a low-profile design that'll fit in tight spaces.
Tune it up
The MBP10's UV-resistant grille houses a built-in electronic crossover that'll let you adjust the controls from 50 Hz to 120 Hz, even after the sub is installed. A variable bass-boost circuit gives you extra control right in the 40 Hz “sweet spot,” so you can dial in just the right amount of punch for your favorite tunes. And the phase switch ensures that your sub works most efficiently with the rest of your system. You'll enjoy outstanding bass performance, whether you're roaring across the waves or relaxing at the dock.
Built to last
The JBL engineering team works hard to make sure their marine subs rock hard and last a long time. They freeze them, bake them, shake them, and spray them, all in the name of durability. This IPX5-rated sub has a durable polypropylene cone, a specially treated circuit board, a one-piece cast-polymer basket, a rubber surround, a sealed magnet and stainless steel hardware to ensure seasons of reliable performance.
- 10" 4-ohm marine powered subwoofer
- built-in amplifier: 250 watts RMS (750 peak)
- durable polypropylene cone with rubber surround
- UV- and corrosion-resistant polymer basket and grille
- marinized circuit board
- corrosion-resistant stainless steel hardware
- grille-mounted crossover with cover and gasket
- variable bass-boost circuit and phase switch
- frequency response: 40-120 Hz
- diameter: 11-1/2"
- mounting depth: 8-1/2"
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MBP10AM
What's in the box:
- Powered marine subwoofer
- Two 30-amp fuses (one installed)
- Control panel cover
- Cover gasket
- Seven 1-1/2" Stainless-steel screws
- Two 5/8" Stainless-steel flat head screws
- Orange JBL logo
- Gray JBL logo
- Owner's manual (English/ French/ Spanish)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL MBP10
Marine Powered Sub: The JBL MBP10 is a 10" self-enclosed, powered marine subwoofer, tuned for use in and open-air environment. The built-in amplifier is 250 watts RMS (750 watts peak).
Auto-Off Protection Circuit: The built-in amplifier is designed to turn off if the battery's voltage falls below 10 volts, in order to prevent your battery from becoming fully discharged while you're on the water.
Mounting: The sub's enclosure takes the form of a basket/motor cover, so the MBP10 mounts like a typical subwoofer, without needing a separate enclosure.
- Depth (Top Mount): 8½" (includes wiring)
- Mounting Height: 1⅞" (includes Control panel cover)
- Flange Height: 1⅜
- Frame Diameter: 11¼"
- Cutout Diameter: 10⅛"
Controls: The control panel is mounted to the center of the grille, allowing access after the subwoofer is installed. The controls are protected by a water-tight rubber plug and a polymer cover.
- Gain: rotary control; 100mV to 6V when using the line-level (RCA) inputs, 1V to 13V when using the speaker-level inputs
- Crossover: rotary control; continuously variable from 50 Hz to 120 Hz; the 12 dB/octave low pass crossover cannot be bypassed
- Bass Boost: rotary control; 0 dB to +7 dB, centered at 50 Hz
- Phase: two position switch; 0° or 180°
Power LED: The power LED mounted in the control panel is visible through the panel cover.
Wiring: The wiring exits the enclosure from the center of the heat sink, on the back of the subwoofer.
- Power: 19" red wire with in-line 30-amp fuse; connect directly to the battery; JBL recommends extending with 12-gauge wire (minimum); connect to the accessory battery if using a two-battery system (not the battery that starts the boat's engine)
- Ground: 18" black wire; connect directly to the battery; JBL recommends extending with 12-gauge wire (minimum)
- Remote Turn-on: 12" blue wire; requires +5 to +12 volt DC signal to turn the amplifier on; connect to the remote output of the source unit
- Line-Level inputs: stereo female RCA jacks on a 12" pigtail
- Line-Level outputs: stereo female RCA jacks on a 12" pigtail; allows daisy-chaining another amplifier without having to run RCA cables from the head unit to the second amp
- Speaker-Level inputs: 12" stereo speaker wires; use the speaker-level or line-level inputs, not both
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked