About the JBL Playlist
Enjoy high-quality sound — from your phone or the cloud
Enjoy high-quality sound — from your phone or the cloud
The JBL Playlist wireless powered speaker features Chromecast built-in. That means you can stream music over your Wi-Fi® network from your smartphone or tablet's favorite apps. Chromecast also plays music directly from the cloud, including great-sounding high-resolution audio files up to 24-bit/96kHz. The Playlist also has built-in Bluetooth®, so you can wirelessly play music from a wide range of other devices as well.
Easy control with the Google Home app
Control your Playlist speaker directly from your smartphone or tablet through the Google Home app (available from the Apple App Store and Google Play). Google Home lets you control compatible services in-app, such as Spotify, Pandora, Google Play™ Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. And you can control multiple Playlist speakers with the app for a user-friendly wireless multi-room audio system.
The Google Home app has some flexible perks. Use it to control compatible smart home devices like Wi-Fi thermostats and power outlets. You can browse trending and popular content from your Chromecast-enabled apps, search for content across platforms and more.
If you want to go hands-free and app-free, add a Google Home voice controller. That way, you can control your Playlist speaker by simply saying, "OK Google, play my party songs in the living room."
Have a subscription to Spotify? You'll get even more out it with a JBL Playlist. You can connect to your Playlist directly in the Spotify app and control its volume. Once it's connected, you can use the Playlist's One Touch Play feature. Just press the play button, and the Playlist will resume your Spotify playlist where you left off — no app control required.
Full, rich sound
The Playlist features two 2-1/4” full-range speakers that give you clear, detailed sound. A rear-firing oval passive radiator reinforces the low tones for richer bass.
Roon-compatible for serious music lovers
The Playlist is also compatible with Roon, a subscription digital music player you download to your smartphone, tablet, or computer. It gives you multi-room audio playback for all your Chromecast-compatible devices and more. Roon accesses your digital music collection from your iTunes library or NAS drive. It also works with your TIDAL subscription. Roon lets you do deep dives into your music, showing artist bios, photos, reviews, and lyrics. Roon can also suggest other artists and songs based on your selections, making it easy to discover new music you'll enjoy.
- wireless connectivity:
- built-in Bluetooth for streaming music from your smartphone or tablet
- built-in dual-band Wi-Fi for easy and stable connection to your network and the internet
- Chromecast built-in for creating a multi-room audio setup with other JBL Playlist wireless speakers
- two 2-1/4" full-range speakers with a rear-firing 3-3/4" x 1-3/4" oval passive radiator
- 24bit/96kHz cloud streaming via Chromecast
- maximum power: 30 watts (2 x 15 watts)
- frequency response: 60-20,000 Hz
- easy setup and control via the Google Home App
- free download from Apple®App Store and Google Play
- control multi-room playback with two or more Playlist wireless speakers
- control Chromecast built-in-compatible streaming services such as Spotify Premium, TIDAL, Pandora, Google Play Music, Tunein, and iHeartRadio
- control other Chromecast-compatible devices, such as smart home thermostats and switches
- works with the Google Home voice controller (available separately)
- One Touch Button resumes play of Spotify Premium playlist independent of app (subscription required)
- stereo minijack auxiliary input for portable devices
- AC power (power adapter included)
- 12-7/16"W x 5-15/16"H x 4-5/8"D
- weight: 2.5 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLPLYLIST150WHTAM
What's in the box:
- Wireless network audio speaker
- 58" AC power cord
- Quick Start Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
- Warranty Card
More details on the JBL Playlist
Full-Range Sound: The JBL Playlist houses two front-firing 2.25" full-range drivers powered by a built-in 15 watt x 2-channel amplifier for full-range sound. A rear-firing oval (3.75" x 1.75") passive radiator delivers deeper, low-end bass response. The speaker system has a frequency response of 60Hz to 20,000Hz (-6dB) and >80DB signal-to-noise ratio.
24-Bit/96kHz Audio: The JBL Playlist wireless speaker supports up to 24-bit/96kHz audio.
Dual-Band WiFi: The JBL Playlist features dual-band (2.4/5GHz) WiFi (802.11 b/g/n/ac), resulting in a faster, robust, and more stable wireless connection.
Chromecast Built-In: Chromecast Built-in lets you instantly stream select music apps from your Apple iOS or Android mobile device to the JBL Playlist speaker system. Chromecast Built-in offers Internet Radio apps like TuneIn & iHeart Radio; plus online music service apps like Pandora, Spotify (requires Premium subscription), Tidal, Google Play Music, and more. You can even mirror exactly what's playing on your Android phone or tablet to the JBL Playlist speaker. Or, if you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome browser.
- Google Home App: Multiple Chromecast Built-in speakers can be added to the same WiFi network to form a multiroom audio system using the Google Home app. Using the Google Home app for Apple iOS 8.0+ and Android OS 4.0.3+, you can sync multiple speakers with Chromecast Built-in in multiple rooms of your home to play the same song throughout your house at the same time. Only Chromecast Built-in compatible music apps are supported.
- Voice Control (Optional): Purchase the Google Home Wireless Speaker (8064658762, sold separately) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast Built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The JBL Playlist & the Google Home Speaker must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
Spotify Connect: The integration of Spotify Connect will enable Spotify Premium users to instantly see, select, and stream audio to the JBL Playlist wireless speaker from within the Spotify app (Apple iOS or Android). A "One-Touch Play" feature allows you to continue listening to whatever you played on your Spotify Premium account on your smartphone or tablet device, now on the JBL Playlist speaker.
Built-In Bluetooth: Built-in Bluetooth 4.2 lets you wirelessly stream stored music libraries and music apps from your Bluetooth enabled source device (like a smartphone, tablet, laptop, etc) to the JBL Playlist speaker system.
- Control: You can control basic playback functions, like Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track, from the Playlist speaker. You'll still control advanced music browsing and view song/artist/album info from your Bluetooth source device.
- Pairing: Only one device can be paired & connected with the Playlist speaker at a time. Once an already paired device comes within range (up to 33') of the Playlist speaker, the two units will automatically reconnect.
Note: Bluetooth hands-free phone communication is not supported.
Aux Input: In addition to wireless connectivity, an Aux (3.5mm) input provides a wired connection to practically any analog audio device with a headphone jack or analog audio output.
Power Requirements: The included detachable 58" AC power cord will need to be plugged into an AC power outlet, surge protector, or power conditioner.
Note: The JBL Playlist is not battery powered.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
3 questions already asked