About the JBL Pulse 4
Light up the party
Light up the party
The JBL Pulse 4 doesn't just pump out your tunes in all directions. Its built-in LED display also gives you a luminous, high-resolution light show. And if you have a second Pulse 4, you can sync the lightshows just by shaking the speaker.
A pair of 2-1/4" transducers with dual passive bass radiators deliver clear, powerful sound in a spacious 360° soundfield. And the Pulse 4 is completely sealed, making it waterproof and dust-proof. Take it to the beach, to the pool, or even to the slopes.
JBL Connect app brightens up the party
To get the most from your Pulse 4, download JBL's free Connect app to your Apple® or Android™ device. With it, you can customize your speaker's light patterns and colors. Select colors from the app's color wheel, or pick cusotm colors with your smartphone's camera.
Activate the speaker's PartyBoost mode with the app. With PartyBoost you can pair two Pulse 4's for stereo sound. Wirelessly connect multiple PartyBoost-compatible JBL speakers and get an even bigger sound, with all speakers simultaneously playing your song.
Note: PartyBoost is not compatible with Connect+, so you can't pair a Pulse 4 with an earlier version of the speaker, like the Pulse 3.
The speaker's built-in rechargeable battery gives you up to 12 hours of portable operation. The Pulse 4 features a USB Type-C charging port, and it comes with a Type-C to Type-A cable. Just plug it into a computer or a spare AC/USB adapter to recharge.
- built-in Bluetooth 4.2 for streaming music from your smartphone or tablet
- wraparound LED light array for 360° display
- IPX7-rated waterproof down to 3 feet for up to 30 minutes
- two 2-1/4" transducers with dual passive bass radiators
- frequency response 70-20,000 Hz
JBL Connect app:
- free download from Apple® App Store and Google Play
- choose and customize light show themes
- control brightness, speed, and color patterns
- remotely controls volume
- lets you pair two Pulse 4 speakers for two-channel stereo via PartyBoost
- wirelessly connect multiple JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers for simultaneous playback
- note: PartyBoost not compatible with JBL Connect+ enabled speakers (Pulse 3 and earlier)
- sync light show with second Pulse 4 just by shaking speaker
- built-in lithium-ion rechargeable battery lasts up to 12 hours
- USB charging cable
- 3-13/16" diameter x 8-1/4"H
- weight: 2.78 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLPULSE4BLKAM
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- 4' USB-C to USB-A charging cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Warranty Card
- Important Safety Instructions
JBL Pulse 4 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Pulse 4
Features & specs
|Weather Resistance||Waterproof (IPX7)|
|Power and Battery Info|
|Built-in Battery||Y (12 hours)|
|Charges External Device Via USB||No|
|Runs On AC Power||Yes|
|Bluetooth Version And Supported Audio Formats|
|Other Wireless Features|
|Unison Pairing (Party Mode)||Yes|
|Amplification (Watts RMS)||20|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
360° Sound & Lightshow: The JBL Pulse 4 portable Bluetooth speaker combines 360° sound with a 360° lightshow, bringing your music to life. The Pulse 4 houses two 2.25" transducers powered by a built-in 20W amplifier, plus two 2.25" passive radiators for full-range sound with punchy bass. Using the JBL Connect App on your Apple iOS or Android device, you can choose from a variety of lightshow patterns & colors.
Portable Waterproof Design: The JBL Pulse 4 Bluetooth speaker features a rugged plastic housing which will hold up indoors and outdoors. The Pulse 4 is waterproof (IPX7-rated) which means no more worrying about rain or spills; you can even submerge the Pulse 4 in water up to 1 meter (3') for up to 30 minutes. Its compact design fits easily into a backpack, so you can take it anywhere with you.
- The Pulse 4 can only be submerged in water for a short period of time. If the speaker is playing and then submerged in water, it will sound muffled, as anything submerged in water would sound like. Submerging the speaker more than 1 meter and for more than 30 minutes will damage the speaker as the water will penetrate through the waterproof barriers due to pressure.
- To ensure that the JBL Pulse 4 is waterproof, please remove all cable connections and tightly close the cap; exposing the Pulse 4 to liquids without doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker. Do not expose the Pulse 4 to water while charging, as doing so may result in permanent damage to the speaker or power source.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The JBL Pulse 4 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth 4.2 with support for wireless audio (A2DP 1.3) and control (AVRCP 1.6). You'll be able to stream stored music, music apps, and other audio content from your Bluetooth-enabled source device (such as your smartphone, tablet, laptop, or computer) to the JBL Pulse 4. You can control Play, Pause, & Skip functions from the speaker. However, you will still continue to use your Bluetooth-enabled device for advanced music navigation and to view song/artist information. The Pulse 4 can pair with multiple devices, but only one device can be active and used at a time. Once paired, the JBL Pulse 4 will automatically re-connect with the last paired device when in wireless range (up to 33').
Note: The Pulse 4 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.
JBL Connect App: Use the JBL Connect App (for Apple iOS 9.0+ or Android OS 5.0+) to wirelessly pair multiple JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers together or to create a custom light show. Firmware and software updates for the speaker can also be done using the JBL Connect app.
- PartyBoost: Through the JBL Connect App, you can wirelessly pair two JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers together for stereo sound or link multiple JBL PartyBoost-compatible speakers to create a bigger party (same audio source is played back through all JBL PartyBoost speakers).
- Lightshow: Customize the Pulse 4's lightshow by selecting from a variety of patterns and colors. Lightshow patterns include - Spiritual, Campfire, Equalizer, Wave, or Customized. You can even pick a custom color pattern using the app's color wheel or the camera on your phone (simply point your phone's camera at an object to select that color).
Rechargeable Battery: The JBL Pulse 5 Bluetooth speaker has a built-in Lithium-ion polymer rechargeable battery (3.6V/7260mAH) that provides up to 12 hours of playback time (varies by volume level and audio content). The Pulse 4 speaker includes a USB-C port and a 4' USB-C to USB-A cable to aid in charging the built-in battery. The battery can be recharged from a 3rd party USB/AC power adapter (sold separately) or a free USB port on your computer. A full battery charge takes approximately 3.5 hours @ 5V/3A.
The JBL Pulse 4 replaces these items
- 360° LEDs with customizable light patterns
- built-in microphone with echo reduction and noise-cancellation for wireless speakerphone operation
- built-in rechargeable battery lasts up to 12 hours