About the JBL S2-1024
Quality and versatility
Quality and versatility
Since JBL first began manufacturing audio equipment in 1946, they've always emphasized quality. Their Series II subwoofers also put the spotlight on versatility, with the ability to vary the sub's impedance with the flip of a switch.
The handy impedance switch eliminates the need to rewire your system when you add a second sub.
JBL's Series II S2-1024 sports a 2" diameter voice coil for exceptional power handling, while airflow from the cone's movement cools the voice coil for increased reliability. The sub's Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI™) switch allows you to change impedance from 2 ohms to 4 ohms, so you can optimize the sub for your system and the amplifier. This feature makes it easy to reconfigure your system when you add another Series II subwoofer or upgrade your amplifier.
This sub features a polypropylene cone for enhanced stiffness with an nitrile rubber surround that'll stand up the abuses of life in an automobile. The stamped steel basket provides a stable home so this sub can play accurately. The S2-1024 handles up to 250 watts RMS (1000 watts peak), and works equally well in sealed or ported enclosures, another example of its versatility.
- 10" component subwoofer
- switchable 2- or 4-ohm impedance
- polypropylene cone
- nitrile rubber surround
- power handling: 250 watts RMS (1000 watts peak)
- frequency response: 30-175 Hz
- sensitivity (2.83V at 1 meter): 92 dB
- mounting depth: 5-11/16"
- mounting height: 11/16"
- sealed box volume: 0.5 cubic feet
- ported box volume: 1.5 cubic feet
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # S2-1024
What's in the box:
- One 10" Subwoofer (with impedance switch)
- Owner's manual
JBL S2-1024 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL S2-1024
Features & specs
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||0.5|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||1.5|
|Port diameter (inches)||3|
|Port length (inches)||11.3|
|Dual Voice Coil||No|
92 dB at 2.83 volts |
|Frequency Response||30 - 175 Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||250|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||1000|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||5 11/16|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||9|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI): A switch on the input terminal allows you to easily change the woofer's impedance between 2Ω and 4Ω settings. (The connected amplifier should be off when changing the impedance.)
NBR Surround: Nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR) is a synthetic rubber, well-suited for automotive woofer surround applications. It is durable, can withstand a wide range of temperatures (-40 to 226 °F), and is resistant to breakdown due to UV light exposure.
- Sealed Box Volume: 0.5 ft³
- Ported Box Volume: 1.5 ft³ with one 3" diameter x 11.3" long port (tuned to 30 Hz)
- Infinite Baffle: The woofer can also be mounted in free air to a baffle board (no enclosure). When mounted in free air, the power handling is lowered to 125 watts RMS.
- Band Pass: A prefabricated band pass enclosure is also mentioned in the manual as acceptable, but no specific size or tuning recommendations are listed.
Thiele-Small Parameters: Some of the parameters change based on the impedance setting:
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
4 questions already asked