About the JBL Studio 2 6ICDT
Enjoy music in stereo from a single speaker
Enjoy music in stereo from a single speaker
Want to enjoy music in a room where space is tight? Then check out JBL's Studio 2 6ICDT. This crafty in-ceiling speaker uses a dual-tweeter design to deliver dynamic stereo sound from a single overhead location.
This speaker comes in handy for areas where a pair of in-ceiling speakers may be impractical, such as hallways, entryways, small offices, or walk-in closets.
JBL's Studio 2 6ICDT has a three-position tweeter level control which lets you cut or boost high-frequency output.
Born from JBL's storied audio heritage
The Studio 2 Series' distinctive sound was modeled after JBL's legendary M2 Master Reference Monitor — one of the best speakers they ever created. JBL's proprietary HDI (High Definition Imaging) waveguide technology helps this speaker deliver optimum sound quality throughout your room.
Adjust the sound to your room
Solid bass comes courtesy of a 6-1/2" woofer, while smooth highs flow from the 6ICDT's two 3/4" tweeters. Both tweeters are aimable, so you can direct the sound of each toward the areas that need it.
A three-position tweeter level control lets you cut or boost high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics.
You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your room's décor.
- stereo-input speaker plays both the left and right channels of the stereo mix
- dual 3/4" CMMD® (Ceramic Metal Matrix Diaphragm) Lite tweeters are aimable to direct high frequencies toward you
- three-position tweeter level control cuts or boosts high-frequency output to ideally suit your room's acoustics
- 6-1/2" Polyplas® woofer
- recommended amplifier power: 80 watts RMS
- frequency response: 38-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms (each input)
- paintable grille for discreet installation
- cutout diameter: 8"
- overall diameter: 9-1/8"
- mounting depth: 4-11/16"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # STUDIO26ICDTAM
What's in the box:
- In-ceiling loudspeaker
- Cloth scrim
- Cut-Out Template
- Instruction Manual
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Studio 2 6ICDT
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Bi-Amp Inputs||Stereo input|
|Power Range (Watts)||up to 80|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Stereo Input: The JBL Studio 2 6ICDT in-ceiling loudspeaker is outfitted with two sets of spring-post terminals to connect the left and right channels of your stereo amplifier. The spring-post terminals will accommodate bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
- For wire lengths of less than 50', use at least 16-gauge speaker wire.
- For wire lengths between 50' and 100', use at least 12-gauge speaker wire.
- For wire lengths of greater than 100', use at least 10-gauge speaker wire.
Note: Your speaker wire must comply with all local building and safety codes for use in in-ceiling applications.
CCMD Lite Tweeter: The JBL Studio 2 6ICDT in-ceiling speaker is outfitted with two 0.75" CCMD Lite tweeters that deliver high-frequency detail with natural balance, precision imaging, and low distortion.
- High Definition Imaging (HDI) Waveguide: The CMMD Lite tweeter utilizes JBL's proprietary High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide that ensures that the loudspeaker fills the room with cinema-quality sound from almost any location.
- Aimable Tweeter: Both tweeters can pivot letting you target audio directly to your desired listening location, even when installed high on the ceiling or off-axis.
- Tweeter Level Control: There is a tweeter level control on the front baffle behind the grille that is shared by both tweeters. The tweeter level control allows you to fine-tune high frequencies (-3/0/+3dB) to suit room conditions and personal taste.
PolyPas Cone Woofer: The JBL Studio 2 6ICDT in-ceiling speaker houses a 6.5" long-throw woofer with a PolyPas cone and rubber surrounds for high output, high excursions, and extended bass response. The PolyPas cone is ribbed for improved strength that helps deliver richer and more articulate bass with low distortion.
Advanced Crossover Network: The JBL Studio 6ICDT in-ceiling speaker utilizes an advanced, high-order crossover network (3.7kHz) that delivers accurate timbre reproduction.
Zero-Bezel Profile: The JBL Studio 2 in-ceiling speaker features a nearly invisible zero-bezel profile that blends into almost any room. The included grille attaches magnetically and is paintable. The bezel and grille only protrude 0.25" from the ceiling.
In-Ceiling Installation: The Studio 2 in-ceiling speaker utilizes JBL's XL-2 bracket system that is suitable for installation in drywall, plywood, and other ceiling material that is 0.5" to 2" thick. The XL-2 bracket system's special mechanical grip design minimizes vibration and improves sound reproduction.
- The Studio 2 in-ceiling speaker requires a circular (round) cutout that measures 8" (diameter) x 4.75" (depth). The outer dimensions of the speaker is 9.125" (diameter) x 0.25" (depth).
- Make sure to allow at least 1" between the edge of the cutout and any obstructions behind the ceiling, so the speaker's locking mechanism will have room to engage fully.
- Perform an obstruction survey to be sure that there are no studs, lengths of conduit, pipes, heating ducts or air returns in the ceiling cavity that will interfere with the speaker.
Applications: Because of its stereo design, the JBL Studio 2 in-ceiling speaker is perfect for distributed audio applications where you want stereo sound but only have room or the budget for a single loudspeaker.