About the JBL S3-1024
Quality and power handling
Quality and power handling
JBL has stood for quality ever since they first began manufacturing audio components back in 1946. Their Series III subwoofers will bring some serious bass to your vehicle, with a strong emphasis on power handling.
The Series III S3-1024 10" sub handles up to 450 watts RMS, and it's optimized for use in a very small sealed enclosure. JBL uses the airflow from the motor to cool the 2-1/2" voice coil, so you can rely on this sub to stay cool in the heat of battle. The sturdy polypropylene cone and nitrile rubber surround will stand up all the abuses of heavy bass output.
This Series III subwoofer features SSI™ (Selectable Smart Impedance), a switch which lets you change the sub's impedance from 2 ohms to 4 ohms to optimize its effectiveness with your system. If you upgrade your amplifier or decide to add another sub, you'll be able to adjust the S3-1024's impedance to match.
The terminals on this Series III sub will accept up to 8-gauge wire. You'll get full power from your amp even over long wire runs, so you and your subwoofer have the juice you need. See what this JBL sub can do for your system.
- 10" component subwoofer
- polypropylene cone
- nitrile rubber surround
- stamped steel vented basket
- impedance selector switch (2 or 4 ohms)
- power handling: 450 watts RMS (1350 watts peak)
- frequency response: 30-175 Hz
- sensitivity at 2.83V: 91 dB
- voice coil diameter: 2-1/2 in.
- mounting depth: 6-15/16"
- mounting height: 3/4"
- sealed box volume: 0.5 cubic feet
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # S3-1024
What's in the box:
- One 10" Subwoofer (with impedance switch)
- Eight 1" Self-tapping screws (4mm Allen head)
- 8 Screw spacers
- Owner's manual
JBL S3-1024 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL S3-1024
Features & specs
|Ideal Sealed Box Volume (cubic feet)||0.5|
|Ideal Ported Box Volume (cubic feet)||1.5|
|Port diameter (inches)||3|
|Port length (inches)||11.3|
|Dual Voice Coil||No|
91 dB at 2.83 volts |
|Frequency Response||30 - 175 Hz|
|Max RMS Power Handling||450|
|Peak Power Handling (Watts)||1350|
|Top Mount Depth (inches)||6 15/16|
|Bottom Mount Depth (inches)||N/A|
|Cutout Diameter or Length (inches)||9 1/4|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Selectable Smart Impedance (SSI): A switch on the input terminal allows you to easily change the woofer's impedance between 2Ω and 4Ω settings. (The connected amplifier should be off when changing the impedance.)
NBR Surround: Nitrile butadiene rubber (NBR) is a synthetic rubber, well-suited for automotive woofer surround applications. It is durable, can withstand a wide range of temperatures (-40 to 226 °F), and is resistant to breakdown due to UV light exposure.
Terminal: The set screw wire terminals will accept bare wire up to 10 gauge and are tightened/loosened with a 2.5mm Allen wrench (not included).
- Sealed Box Volume: 0.5 ft³
- Ported Box Volume: 1.5 ft³ with one 3" diameter x 11.3" long port (tuned to 30 Hz)
- Infinite Baffle: The woofer can also be mounted in free air to a baffle board (no enclosure). When mounted in free air, the power handling is lowered to 225 watts RMS.
- Band Pass: A prefabricated band pass enclosure is also mentioned in the manual as acceptable, but no specific size or tuning recommendations are listed.
Thiele-Small Parameters: Some of the parameters change based on the impedance setting:
3 questions already asked