About the JBL Studio 6 Theater
Expansive sound from a stealthy in-wall speaker
Expansive sound from a stealthy in-wall speaker
If you're planning a custom-installed home theater system, check out JBL's Studio 6 Architectural Theater in-wall. This high-quality in-wall speaker produces engaging sound without taking up any floor space.
Use a pair of the Studio 6 Theaters flanking your wall-mounted TV in a cinema-grade JBL surround sound system.
Adjust the sound to your space
An expanded view of the Studio 6 Architectural Theater driver assembly and stealthy zero-bezel grille.
This speaker uses four 5-1/4" woofers with a centrally placed High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide mated to a 1" high-frequency compression driver for full-sound with tight, clean bass and smooth, dynamic highs.
Independent level-control knobs for the tweeter and woofer on the front baffle let you adjust output to suit your room's acoustics.
Born from JBL's storied audio heritage
JBL famously pioneered horn-loaded compression drivers in speaker arrays at large concert venues — they're able to fill space with clear sound in a way a standard dome tweeter can't.
The cornerstone of JBL's Studio 6 Series' distinctive sound is JBL's 1" compression driver mated to a High-Definition Imaging (HDI) horn. This proprietary design helps this speaker deliver optimum sound quality throughout your room.
If this is a do-it-yourself install, check out our guide to installing in-wall speakers, along with our selection of in-wall speaker wire. You can paint the included magnetic grille to have your speaker blend in with your décor.
- ideal for use in a custom-installed home theater or in-wall stereo music system
- four 5-1/4" Polyplas® woofers
- High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide with 2414H-1 1" high frequency compression driver
- independent front-baffle tweeter and woofer level controls
- tweeter: ±3dB
- woofer: 0/-3dB
- frequency response: 65-20,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 10-150 watts
- nominal impedance: 6 ohms
- sensitivity: 96 dB
- includes zero-bezel paintable magnetic grille
Dimensions and warranty:
- cutout dimensions: 6-1/4"W x 25-5/16"H
- overall dimensions: 7-1/2"W x 26-9/16"H
- mounting depth: 3-3/4"
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLS6THTR
What's in the box:
JBL Studio 6 Theater owner's manual
- In-wall loudspeaker
- Cut-Out Template
- Quick Start Guide
JBL Studio 6 Theater reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the JBL Studio 6 Theater
Features & specs
|Quantity in Package||Single|
|Connector Type||Spring posts|
|Outdoor (Partial Exposure)||No|
|Outdoor (Full Exposure)||No|
|Power Range (Watts)||10-150|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
LCR Configuration: The JBL STudio 6 THTR is an in-wall LCR-type loudspeaker that can be used for left, center, or right channels in a home theater application. Its the perfect solution for an in-wall center-channel speaker. It can also be used in stereo and distributed audio applications.
- Home Theater: The front left and front right loudspeakers should be located on either side of the video display. The center loudspeaker should be aligned with the center of the video display. The surround left and surround right loudspeakers should be located to the sides of the main listening area, while the the surround back left and surround back right loudspeakers should be located behind the listening area.
- 2Ch Stereo: Place the left and right loudspeakers the same distance from the primary listening area (or as close to the same distance as possible). The distance from each speaker to its nearest side wall should also be as close to the same distance as possible. Ideally, the distance between the left and right loudspeakers should be slightly less than their distance from the primary listening area.
- Distributed Audio: Since distributed sound is general sound throughout an area, place the loudspeakers as uniformly as possible for even sound coverage throughout the area. Place the left and right loudspeakers roughly the same distance from the primary listener locations. To avoid "hot spots" where the sound is too loud, plan to use more loudspeakers, with each set to play at a lower volume.
2-Way Driver Design: The JBL Studio 6 THTR in-wall LCR loudspeaker utilizes a 2-way driver design featuring a 1" compression horn driver and four 5.25" PolyPlas cone woofer for room-filling, full-range sound.
- 1" Compression Horn Driver: The Studio 6 THTR in-wall LCR speaker features a 1" high-frequency compression driver with a high-definition imaging waveguide for exceptional clarity and precision detail.
- Quad 5.25" PolyPlas Cone Woofers: The JBL Studio 6 THTR in-wall LCR speaker houses four 5.25" long-throw woofers with a PolyPlas cone and rubber surround for high output, high excursions, and extended bass response. The PolyPlas cone is ribbed for improved strength that helps deliver richer and more articulate bass with low distortion.
Tweeter & Woofer Level Control: The JBL Studio 6 THTR in-wall LCR speaker offers tweeter and woofer level controls, so you can dial in the right amount of high and low frequencies for your room and application. The tweeter level can be adjusted to -3, 0, or +3 dB. The woofer level can be adjusted to -3 or 0 dB. The tweeter and woofer level controls are located on the front-baffle (grille must be removed).
Advanced Crossover Network: The JBL Studio 6 Series THTR in-wall LCR speaker utilizes an advanced, high-order crossover network that delivers accurate timbre reproduction.
Zero-Bezel Profile: The JBL Studio 6 in-wall LCR speaker features a nearly invisible zero-bezel profile that blends into almost any room. The included grille attaches magnetically and is paintable. The bezel and grille only protrude 0.25" from the wall.
In-Wall Installation: The Studio 6 in-wall LCR speaker utilizes JBL's XL-2 bracket system that is suitable for installation in drywall, plywood, and other wall material that is 0.25" to 2" thick. The XL-2 bracket system's special mechanical grip design minimizes vibration and improves sound reproduction. Make sure to allow at least 1" between the edge of the cutout and any obstructions behind the wall, so the speaker's locking mechanism will have room to engage fully.
- Vertical Orientation: The Studio 6 in-wall LCR speaker requires a rectangular cutout that measures 6.25" (w) x 25.3125" (h) x 3.75" (d). The outer frame of the speaker measures 7.5" (w) x " (h) x 0.26.5625" (d).
- Horizontal Orientation: The Studio 6 in-wall LCR speaker requires a rectangular cutout that measures 25.3125" (w) x 6.25" (h) x 3.75" (d). The outer frame of the speaker measures 26.5625" (w) x 7.5" (h) x 0.25" (d).
Note: Perform an obstruction survey to be sure that there are no studs, lengths of conduit, pipes, heating ducts or air returns in the wall cavity that will interfere with the speaker.
Spring Post Terminals: The JBL Studio 6 in-wall LCR loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of spring-post terminals to attach your speaker wire. The spring-post terminals will accommodate bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, and banana plugs (single only).
- For wire lengths of less than 50', use at least 16-gauge speaker wire.
- For wire lengths between 50' and 100', use at least 14-gauge speaker wire.
- For wire lengths of greater than 100', use at least 12-gauge speaker wire.
Note: Your speaker wire must comply with all local building and safety codes for use in in-wall applications.