JBL Stage A120
- pair of compact bookshelf speakers for music or home theater
- 1" aluminum tweeter with HDI (High Definition Imaging) waveguide technology for detailed sound across a wide listening area
- 4-1/2" polycellulose woofer for punchy midrange and bass
- bass-reflex design with rear-firing tuned port
- frequency response: 60-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 20-125 watts
- binding post speaker terminals
- removable grilles
- 6-3/4"W x 11-1/4"H x 7-7/16"D
- weight: 8.4 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Foam plugs
- 4 Brackets
- 8 Rubber feet
- 8 Screws
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Card
Why Shop With Us?12 Reasons.
Features and Specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4.5|
|Frequency Response||60-40k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyholes w/ bracket|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||26-28|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter w/ HDI Waveguide: The JBL Stage A120 bookshelf loudspeaker features a 1" aluminum dome tweeter with a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide for lifelike high frequencies with clarity & accuracy.
Dual 4.5" Polycellulose Woofers: The JBL Stage A120 bookshelf loudspeaker houses dual 4.5" polycellulose woofers with rubber surrounds that deliver deep, signature JBL bass performance.
Bass Reflex Cabinet: The bookshelf loudspeaker employs a bass reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The cabinet features MDF construction and is covered in a black vinyl. It also includes a detachable cloth grille. Foam ports are included to seal the ports when mounting the bookshelf loudspeaker to a wall.
5-Way Binding Posts: The JBL Stage A120 is fitted with a set of 5-way binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The 5-way binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and banana plugs (single or dual). Plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
Mounting Options: The JBL Stage A120 bookshelf loudspeakers can be can be placed on a flat surface (like a stand, shelf, or tabletop); self-adhesive rubber feet are supplied to help secure the speaker to the flat surface and protect the surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the overall height of the speaker. The JBL bookshelf loudspeakers can also be wall-mounted using the included brackets that feature keyhole slots (mounting screws not included).
Note: When mounting the Stage A120 to a wall or when placing the bookshelf loudspeaker close to a a rear wall, make sure to use the included foam ports to seal the rear-firing ports.
Applications & Placement: The JBL Stage A120 bookshelf loudspeakers can be used as front speakers in a stereo or home theater application, as well as surround or surround back speakers in a 5.1ch or 7.1ch system.
- Front Speaker Use: The JBL bookshelf loudspeakers should be placed approximately 6-10' apart and angled between 40-60° toward the listening position. The bookshelf speakers should be positioned so that the tweeters are close to ear level. Generally, bass output will increase as the speaker is moved closer to a wall or corner. JBL recommends that you place the speakers at least 20" away from the side walls.
- Surround Speakers Use: In a 5.1ch system, the bookshelf speakers should be placed slightly behind the listening position, facing each other. As surround side speakers in a 7.1ch system, place the speaker directly to the sides of the listening position. As surround back speakers in a 7.1ch system, place the speakers on the wall behind the listening position and 3-6' apart. Always position the speakers at least 5-6' from the floor when used as surround or surround back speakers in a 5.1ch or 7.1ch setup.
Stage Series: The JBL Stage series delivers JBL signature sound for music and movie soundtracks. The Stage series consists of three floorstanding loudspeakers (A170/A180/A190), two bookshelf loudspeakers (A120/A130), two center channel loudspeakers (A125C/A135C) , and two powered subwoofers (A100P/A120P).
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.