About the JBL Stage A120
Flexible bookshelf speakers for music or movies
Flexible bookshelf speakers for music or movies
The small footprint and price tag make the A120 a versatile option for home audio.
Need a budget-friendly set of surround speakers for your home theater? Or a compact stereo pair to bring music to a tight spot? Consider the JBL A120. It's the smallest speaker in JBL's new Stage lineup, but it benefits from the company's long and rich history of making speakers.
JBL paid particular attention to the design of the enclosure on these speakers, aiming to craft a non-resonant cabinet with rigid walls and internal bracing so that you hear your music and movies as they were meant to be heard.
Expertly built drivers
The 1" aluminum dome tweeter is mounted in an HDI (High Definition Imaging) waveguide that was designed for the JBL Professional M2 Master Reference Monitor. This flared shape helps smooth the transition from woofer to tweeter for a broad sweet spot and clear high-frequency detail.
Each speaker's striking white 4-1/2" woofer is made of a stiff-but-lightweight polycellulose material to deliver solid bass for its size. A rear-panel port reinforces bass performance.
Build a complete JBL Stage system
Combine the A120 with other JBL Stage speakers for a complete home theater system.
- pair of compact bookshelf speakers for music or home theater
- 1" aluminum tweeter with HDI (High Definition Imaging) waveguide technology for detailed sound across a wide listening area
- 4-1/2" polycellulose woofer for punchy midrange and bass
- bass-reflex design with rear-firing tuned port
- frequency response: 60-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 86 dB
- impedance: 6 ohms
- recommended amplifier power: 20-125 watts
- binding post speaker terminals
- removable grilles
- 6-3/4"W x 11-1/4"H x 7-7/16"D
- weight: 8.4 lbs. (each)
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLA120BLK
What's in the box:
- 2 Bookshelf loudspeakers
- 2 Grilles
- 2 Foam plugs
- 4 Brackets
- 8 Rubber feet
- 8 Screws
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Card
Scratch & Dent items may be missing non-essential accessories. In some cases the manufacturer's accessories have been replaced with generic equivalents.
JBL Stage A120 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Stage A120
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||4.5|
|Frequency Response||60-40k Hz|
|Connector Type||5-way post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyholes w/ bracket|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||26-28|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter w/ HDI Waveguide: The JBL Stage A120 bookshelf loudspeaker features a 1" aluminum dome tweeter with a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide for lifelike high frequencies with clarity & accuracy.
Dual 4.5" Polycellulose Woofers: The JBL Stage A120 bookshelf loudspeaker houses dual 4.5" polycellulose woofers with rubber surrounds that deliver deep, signature JBL bass performance.
Bass Reflex Cabinet: The bookshelf loudspeaker employs a bass reflex cabinet with a rear-firing port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The cabinet features MDF construction and is covered in a black vinyl. It also includes a detachable cloth grille. Foam ports are included to seal the ports when mounting the bookshelf loudspeaker to a wall.
5-Way Binding Posts: The JBL Stage A120 is fitted with a set of 5-way binding posts to ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The 5-way binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and banana plugs (single or dual). Plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
Mounting Options: The JBL Stage A120 bookshelf loudspeakers can be can be placed on a flat surface (like a stand, shelf, or tabletop); self-adhesive rubber feet are supplied to help secure the speaker to the flat surface and protect the surface. The rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the overall height of the speaker. The JBL bookshelf loudspeakers can also be wall-mounted using the included brackets that feature keyhole slots (mounting screws not included).
Note: When mounting the Stage A120 to a wall or when placing the bookshelf loudspeaker close to a a rear wall, make sure to use the included foam ports to seal the rear-firing ports.
Applications & Placement: The JBL Stage A120 bookshelf loudspeakers can be used as front speakers in a stereo or home theater application, as well as surround or surround back speakers in a 5.1ch or 7.1ch system.
- Front Speaker Use: The JBL bookshelf loudspeakers should be placed approximately 6-10' apart and angled between 40-60° toward the listening position. The bookshelf speakers should be positioned so that the tweeters are close to ear level. Generally, bass output will increase as the speaker is moved closer to a wall or corner. JBL recommends that you place the speakers at least 20" away from the side walls.
- Surround Speakers Use: In a 5.1ch system, the bookshelf speakers should be placed slightly behind the listening position, facing each other. As surround side speakers in a 7.1ch system, place the speaker directly to the sides of the listening position. As surround back speakers in a 7.1ch system, place the speakers on the wall behind the listening position and 3-6' apart. Always position the speakers at least 5-6' from the floor when used as surround or surround back speakers in a 5.1ch or 7.1ch setup.
Stage Series: The JBL Stage series delivers JBL signature sound for music and movie soundtracks. The Stage series consists of three floorstanding loudspeakers (A170/A180/A190), two bookshelf loudspeakers (A120/A130), two center channel loudspeakers (A125C/A135C) , and two powered subwoofers (A100P/A120P).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?