About the JBL Stage A170
Big impact from a slim tower
Big impact from a slim tower
Looking for speakers that'll sound big without eating up a lot of space in your living room? The A170 is the smallest tower in JBL's new Stage series, but it benefits from the company's long and rich history of making speakers. JBL paid particular attention to the design of the enclosure, aiming to craft a non-resonant cabinet with rigid walls and internal bracing so that you hear your content as it was intended to be heard.
Expertly built drivers
The 1" aluminum tweeter is mounted in an HDI (High Definition Imaging) waveguide that was designed for the JBL Professional M2 Master Reference Monitor. This flared shape helps smooth the transition from woofer to tweeter for a broad sweet spot and clear high-frequency detail.
The stiff polycellulose cone woofers produce clear midrange and deep, powerful bass. This speaker uses a "2.5-way" crossover design, which means both woofers cover the lower frequencies, but one goes higher into the midrange, for a smoother transition between drivers.
Build a complete JBL Stage system
Combine your A170s with other JBL Stage speakers for a complete home theater system.
- 1" aluminum tweeter with HDI (High Definition Imaging) waveguide technology for detailed sound across a wide listening area
- dual 5-1/4" polycellulose woofers
- frequency response: 44-40,000 Hz
- sensitivity: 89 dB
- recommended amplifier power: 20-200 watts
- impedance: 6 ohms
- bass-reflex design with rear-firing tuned ports
- removable grille
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- two sets of input terminals allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- 10-1/2"W x 38-7/16"H x 13"D
- weight: 31.61 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLA170BLK
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Outriggers
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Spikes
- 8 Screws
- 2 Terminal jumpers (pre-installed)
- Owner's Manual
- Warranty Card
JBL Stage A170 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL Stage A170
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.25|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Connector Type||5-Way post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||44-40k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
1" Aluminum Dome Tweeter w/ HDI Waveguide: The JBL Stage A170 floorstanding loudspeaker features a 1" aluminum dome tweeter with a High Definition Imaging (HDI) waveguide for lifelike high frequencies with clarity & accuracy.
Dual 5.25" Polycellulose Woofers: The JBL Stage A170 floorstanding loudspeaker houses dual 5.25" polycellulose woofers with rubber surrounds that deliver deep, signature JBL bass performance.
Bass Reflex Cabinet: The floorstanding loudspeaker employs a bass reflex cabinet with dual rear-firing ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The cabinet features MDF construction and is covered in a black vinyl. It also includes a detachable cloth grille.
Dual Binding Posts: The JBL Stage A170 is fitted with two sets of sturdy binding posts allowing to bi-amp or bi-wire the floorstanding loudspeaker. These binding posts ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and banana plugs (single or dual). Plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Outriggers (w/ Rubber Pads or Spikes): The JBL Stage A170 come with four outriggers which screw into the bottom of the speaker cabinet. You can screw the included rubber or spike feet into the bottom of the outrigger based on your type of flooring. The rubber pads should be used on hardwood, laminate, tile, and vinyl flooring. The spikes should be used on carpeted flooring.
- Outriggers w/ Rubber Feet: 10.5" (w) x 38.4375" (h) x 13.0" (d)
- Outriggers w/ Spike Feet: 10.5" (w) x 37.8125" (h) x 13.0" (d)
Note: The JBL Stage A170 floorstanding speaker should always be used with the outriggers and either the rubber or spike feet installed for better stability and sound performance.
Placement: A pair of JBL floorstanding loudspeakers should be placed approximately 6-10' apart and angled between 40-60° toward the listening position. Generally, bass output will increase as the speaker is moved closer to a wall or corner. JBL recommends that you place the speakers at least 20" away from side or rear walls.
Stage Series: The JBL Stage series delivers JBL signature sound for music and movie soundtracks. The Stage series consists of three floorstanding loudspeakers (A170/A180/A190), two bookshelf loudspeakers (A120/A130), two center channel loudspeakers (A125C/A135C) , and two powered subwoofers (A100P/A120P).
3 questions already asked