About the JBL SA750 (75th Anniversary Edition)
Retro looks with modern appointments
Retro looks with modern appointments
The 75th Anniversary Edition SA750 integrated amp paired with the L100 Classic 75 speakers is a perfect match for streaming high-res digital music, and for connecting your turntable and other analog and digital sources.
JBL's SA750 75th anniversary integrated amplifier has got the look. It's inspired by the classic JBL SA600 amplifier from the ‘60's, but updated with plenty of helpful modern features: high-resolution audio streaming, wireless connectivity, Dirac Live® room correction, and Class G amplifier technology.
It's a perfect match for the company's 75th Anniversary Edition L100 Classic 75 speakers. In fact, if streaming is your main music source, all you'll need to get great sound is to connect the SA750 to your favorite set of speakers.
But if you're attracted to its retro-styled aluminum front panel, commemorative badging, and teak-wood veneer side panels, you'll probably want to connect a turntable. And this integrated amp can do much more.
Connect your analog and digital sources
With four digital and four analog inputs — including separate connections for moving magnet and moving coil cartridges — the SA750 can accommodate a wide range of sources. It has built-in Wi-Fi for streaming music via online services and for streaming over Apple AirPlay 2 and Chromecast built-in from compatible devices. It's also a Roon endpoint, allowing you to catalog, control, and discover music via subscription-based Roon software.
You can use the amp's built-in Dirac Live feature and included calibration microphone to fine-tune the output of connected speakers to your listening space.
Class G amplification
The SA750's Class G amplification provides super-clean Class A performance at low levels, and uses "rail-switching" technology to bring in a higher power supply for more demanding dynamics.
- retro-styled integrated amplifier with onboard DAC and network streaming
- 130 watts x 2 channels into 8 ohms
- 200 watts x 2 channels into 4 ohms
- THD: 0.002%
- efficient high-voltage Class G amplifier
- Dirac Live® room correction for smooth, well-balanced sound (microphone included)
- front-panel mute switch
- vintage teak-wood veneer side panels match 75th Anniversary Edition L100 Classic 75 Speakers
- built-in Wi-Fi for connection to a wireless home network
- compatible with high-res FLAC and MQA files
- works with Chromecast built-in, Apple® AirPlay 2, and uPnP
- control streaming with the MusicLife app for Apple® and Android™ devices
- Roon endpoint: catalog, control, and discover music via subscription-based Roon software
- 2 optical and 2 coaxial digital audio inputs
- 4 stereo RCA audio inputs
- separate stereo RCA connections for moving magnet and moving coil phono cartridges with front-panel selection switch
- Ethernet port for connecting to a home network
- front-panel 3.5mm stereo aux input
- RS-232 port for use with third-party control systems
- 1 stereo RCA preamp output
- front-panel 3.5mm headphone jack
- stereo speaker outputs with binding-post connectors
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-3/4"W x 5"H x 15"D
- weight: 26.5 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # JBLSA750AM
What's in the box:
- Integrated Amplifier
- 6.5' AC power cord
- Remote control
- 2 "AAA" batteries
- 2 WiFi antennas
- Setup microphone
- 6.5' miniUSB-to-USB cable
- Handbook Manual
- "Thank You" Letter
JBL SA750 (75th Anniversary Edition) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the JBL SA750 (75th Anniversary Edition)
Features & specs
|Watts RMS per Channel (8-ohms)||130|
|Watts RMS per Channel (6-ohms)||Not given|
|Watts RMS per Channel (4-ohms)||200|
|Minimum Impedance||4 ohms|
|Signal to Noise Ratio||112|
|Digital Music Features|
|Built-in DAC (Digital to Analog Converter)||Yes|
|Total Analog Inputs||4|
|Optical Digital Inputs||2|
|Coaxial Digital Inputs||2|
|Preamp Outputs||Stereo RCA|
|Removable Power Cord||IEC 2-prong|
|Apple AirPlay||AirPlay 2|
|Dimensions and Warranty|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
Integrated Stereo Amplifier & Streamer: In honor of their 75th anniversary, JBL has crafted the SA750 integrated amplifier with retro styling, commemorative badging, vintage teak-wood veneer side panels, and thoroughly modern features, connectivity, and amplification. The SA750 is inspired by the classic JBL SA600 amplifier from the 1960's, updated with high resolution streaming audio, wireless connectivity, Dirac Live room correction, and Class G amplifier technology.
Class G Amplification: The JBL SA750 ntegrated amplifier utilizes Class G amplifier technology that is both clever and efficient. Class G amplification implements multiple power supplies rather than just a single supply. If a dynamic signal is received that goes beyond the capability of the first power supply, the secondary supply is gradually brought in up to full rated power output as required. This gives a very efficient design as additional power is only used when required. The first power supply is of lower power and within this region runs in pure Class A, which has no crossover distortion. As the secondary supply is only used when required, extreme levels of power are possible because very little energy is wasted in the amplifier as heat when it is not being used. Without control this power would be ill-used, so multiple output devices within the amplifier keep a tight grip on the loudspeaker at all times, ensuring your listening experience never lacks dynamics and detail.
- 8-Ohm Power Rating: 130 watts x 2 channels @ 20-20kHz into 8-ohms
- 4-Ohm Power Rating: 200 watts x 2 channels @ 20-20kHz into 4-ohms
High Resolution DAC: The JBL SA750 integrated amplifier utilizes a 32-bit ESS Sabre DAC (ESS9038K2M) with support for 2ch digital music audio files up to 24-bit/192kHz, providing audiophile-grade high-resolution sound quality. The SA750 allows you to choose between a number of DAC filters to suit your listening preference and application. You can choose between the following -
- Brick Wall: No phase shift, but introduces both pre and post ringing artefacts.
- Apodizing (Default): A compromise between phase, frequency response and ringing. Its main advantage is that it removes most of the ringing that has been introduced upstream in the recording process when the original material was recorded and mastered.
- Corrected Minium Phas Fast Roll Off: Low pre-ringing and the phase response varies at higher frequencies. There is more post ringing compared with linear phase and apodizing filters.
- Minimum Phase Slow Roll Off: No pre-ringing artefacts but can introduce phase shifts at higher frequencies. It has less post ringing than the Minimum Phase Fast Roll Off, but this is still higher than the linear phase filter options. Very high frequencies in the last half octave of the filter pass band will be slightly attenuated.
- Minium Phas Fast Roll Off: No pre-ringing and the phase response varies at higher frequencies. There are significantly higher amounts of post ringing compared with the linear phase filter options.
- Linear Phase Slow Roll Off: Low and equal levels of pre and post ringing. No phase shifts but can introduce high frequency aliasing at a higher level than linear phase fast roll off. Very high frequencies will be slightly attenuated.
- Linear Phase Fast Roll Off: Higher and equal levels of pre and post ringing compared with linear phase slow roll off. No phase shifts and with minimal high frequency aliasing compared with slow roll off.
MQA Support: The JBL SA750 features a full MQA decoder, which enables you to play back MQA audio files and streams, delivering the sound of the original master recording in the highest possible sound quality. At this level of playback you are hearing what was created in the studio - with precise file and platform-specific DAC compensation and management. MQA is supported via UPnP and USB.
Dirac Live Room Correction: There is a proprietary automatic loudspeaker setup function, known as Dirac Live, built into the JBL SA750. Using a computer application (for Windows & Mac), Dirac Live attempts to set all the essential speaker settings for all the speakers in your system. It also calculates room equalization (Room EQ) filter values to remove some of the worst effects of resonant frequencies in the listening room. The integrated amplifier comes with a calibration microphone which should be inserted into the microphone input of the supplied USB sound card and then into a USB socket on a Windows PC or Mac computer that connected to the same network as the JBL integrated amp and positioned at the main listening position. This microphone picks up the special calibration tones generated by the speakers when Dirac Live is run. The integrated amp then analyzes the signal and computes - Speaker Type, Speaker Distance, Speaker Level, and Room EQ. You can store up to three Dirac EQ curves in the SA750.
Note: To download the Dirac Live for JBL PC/Mac application, please visit live.dirac.com
Analog Direct Mode: The JBL SA750's Analog Direct Mode lets you bypass certain elements of the integrated amp's audio processing to allow for a purer listening experience. The Analog Direct Mode bypasses the ADC (Analog-to-Digital Converter), DSP, (Digital Signal Processor), and DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) to allow the analog signal to be sent directly to the preamp stage for the purest signal path possible.
Note: When Analog Direct Mode is activated, the DIRAC Live Room Correction cannot be applied.
Processor Mode: Processor mode can be assigned to the rear-panel line-level analog inputs. In this mode, the volume of the integratd amp is set to a fixed level. This mode allows the use of the SA750 in conjunction with an AV receiver in a combined home cinema and two channel listening environment. You can specify the required volume level for the Processor Mode input; the default is volume is 30.
Analog Inputs: The JBL SA750 integrated amplifier is outfitted with six total analog inputs; including three rear-panel line-level stereo RCA inputs, a front-panel line-level 3.5mm Aux input, and two rear-panel Phono inputs (MM/MC).
- Line-Level Inputs: The JBL SA750 is equipped with a total of four line-level analog inputs. There are three line-level stereo RCA inputs on the rear-panel and a 3.5mm Aux input on the front-panel.
- Phono MM/MC Inputs: The SA750 provides Phono inputs and a pre-amp stage to work with the low-voltage output from either a MM (moving magnet) or MC (moving coil) cartridge. Each cartridge type has a dedicated input on the rear-panel
Optical & Coaxial Digital Inputs: The JBL SA750 integrated amplifier is outfitted with two optical (toslink) digital inputs and two coaxial (RCA) digital inputs that support 2ch stereo PCM audio.The optical digital inputs support 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, and 96kHz sampling frequencies; while the coaxial digital inputs support 32kHz, 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, and 192kHz sampling frequencies.
Note: The optical & digital inputs do not support Dolby Digital, DTS, or other multichannel audio formats.
USB-A Port: The rear-panel USB-A port (5V/1A) supports playback of a variety of music files store on a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a thumbdrive or HDD (hard disk drive). An external HDD will require a separate AC power supply. Supported music files include MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and FLAC (up to 24-bit/192kHz); as well as MQA audio files. The USB device should be formatted in FAT 12 or FAT 32.
Note: The integrated amp's USB port does not support USB hubs, card readers, Apple iOS device, or Android OS devices.
Outputs: The JBL SA750 integrated amplifier is outfitted with a set of binding post speakers outputs to connect a pair of loudspeakers, a set of stereo RCA preamp outputs to connect to an external power amplifier, and a headphone jack output for connection of a set of headphones.
- Binding Post Speaker Outputs : The JBL SA750 is equipped with a set of binding post speaker output terminals that will accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana connectors (single only). You will need to remove the plastic inserts from the binding-post terminals to use banana plugs. The binding post terminals are gold-plated for excellent audio signal transfer. You can connect a pair of 8-ohm or 4-ohm loudspeakers to the SA750 integrated amp.
- Stereo RCA Preamp Outputs: The integrated amplifier has a set of stereo RCA pre-out that let you use the SA750 as a dedicated pre-amplifier or as part of a bi-amplified system.
- Headphone Jack Output: The front-panel 3.5mm (1/8") headphone jack accepts headphones with an impedance rating between 16-ohm and 2k-ohm. When a set of headphones is connected to the headphone jack, the integrated amp's speaker outputs and preamp outputs are muted by default. You can configure the integrated amp's speaker and preamp outputs to remain active when headphones are connected.
Max Volume: You can limit the maximum volume when the SA750 is switched on or comes out of Standby. The SA750 comes on at this stored volume setting if the last used (possibly very loud) volume exceeds this value. You can also limit the maximum volume setting the SA750 can be turned up to for the hardwired or wireless input sources. This is a useful feature to prevent accidental overdriving of low power-handling speakers. These max volume settings are stored in memory and recalled each time the unit is powered up.
Wired & Wireless Network Connection: Connectivity: The JBL SA750 supports a wired (Ethernet) or wireless (WiFi) network connection to your router and ISP. The SA750 is equipped with an RJ-45 LAN jack for a wired connection to your network router. It also offers built-in 2.4/5GHz dual-band WiFi (802.11ac) for a wireless connection to your network router. By connecting the integrated amplifier to your network, you gain access to Apple AirPlay 2, Chromecast built-in, and UPnP (Universal Plug and Play).
AirPlay 2 with Siri: AirPlay 2 is an advanced and easy-to-use wireless multiroom audio platform for iTunes, Apple Music, and other compatible Apple iOS apps. With AirPlay 2 you can play any audio from your Apple iOS device (running iOS 11.4 or later) or Mac computer (running OS X 10.13.2) on the integrated amplifier and other compatible AirPlay 2 speakers throughout your home. You can choose to play audio in one room, play the same audio in grouped rooms, or play the same audio in every room. If you are an Apple Music subscriber, you can even play different music in different rooms (you can control and group directly from Apple's Music App and Home app on your Apple iOS device). You'll be able to ask Siri-enabled devices (like your Apple iPhone, iPad, or Watch) to control playback of your Apple Music content on the integrated amplifier. You can even watch videos and movies from YouTube and Netflix on your compatible Apple iOS device or Mac computer with perfectly synced audio on the integrated amplifier.
Chromecast Built-In: Use the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) to enable Chromecast built-in. Chromecast built-in gives you access to hundreds of online music streaming services, internet radio, and podcasts. Chromecast built-in streams audio directly from the cloud, so you get the 24-bit/96kHz sound quality and the ability to enjoy crystal clear sound exactly the way the artist intended. Simply tap the Cast button from a Chromecast built-in compatible music app on your Apple iOS or Android OS device to start streaming to the JBL SA750. You can search, browse, play, skip, and turn up the volume directly from the music apps you know and love on your compatible smartphone or tablet. Chromecast built-in supports FLAC, WAV, AAC, and MP3 music files. While you cast your music, you can still use your smartphone to answer a call, play a game, send a text, and even leave the room - all without interrupting what's playing on the JBL SA750 integrated amp.
- Online Music & Internet Radio: Chromecast built-in lets you play music from popular music services and search by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio stations and podcasts. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, iHeart Radio, YouTube Music, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You'll also be able to stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 5.0+) device to the JBL SA750. You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device using Chromecast built-in. If you're on your laptop or computer, you can also cast any music streaming website through the Chrome web browser to the speaker.
- Multiroom Audio Distribution: Add more Chromecast built-in speakers and components (sold separately) throughout your home to create a whole house audio experience. You can play the same Chromecast built-in compatible music app (like Tidal, Spotify, or Pandora) on all speakers or groups of speakers in different rooms of your home. You'll be able control the multiroom audio system from the Google Home app on your Apple iOS or Android device, or using the Google Assistant and your voice on a compatible Google Home device.
- Google Assistant Voice Control: Purchase a Google Assistant enabled smart speaker (sold separately - see Accessories Tab) and gain voice control of compatible Chromecast Built-in music apps. You'll be able to access a specific music app and then select a specific station or song using only your voice. You'll also have voice control over Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume. The SA750 integrated amp and your Google Assistant smart speaker must be connected to the same wireless (WiFi) network.
- Chromecast built-in currently supports a single account per user (up to 6) and streaming service.
- Click here for a complete list of Chromecast built-in compatible apps.
- A separate Google Assistant smart speaker (sold separately) is required for voice control. You will also need to agree to Google's Privacy Statement to use voice control.
- MQA is not supported by Chromecast built-in's version of Tidal.
UPnP (Universal Plug and Play): With a network connection, you'll be able to effortlessly stream music stored on your Windows PC, Mac computer, NAS drive, or other UPnP compliant device directly to the JBL integrated amp using the free Music Life App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+). For playback from a network device, the network device needs to be running a universal plug and play (UPnP) service, such as Windows Media Player 11. Other free and paid-for UPnP services are available for other computer operating systems. Some network attached storage (NAS) systems include a built-in version of a UPnP service. You also get to stream content stored on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device to the JBL integrated amp using the MusicLife app. Supported music files include MP3, WMA, AAC, WAV, and FLAC ( up to 24-bit/192kHz); as well as MQA audio files.
Note: Your music library must be stored physically on your computer or mobile device, not on a Cloud service.
Roon Ready: Roon is a feature rich music library and playback application that compiles all the music files available to your network and makes them easily available to play across all other Roon enabled audio devices in your home. Roon manages digital music files (including FLAC, WAV, AIFF, ALAC, and DSD) collected on hard drives and networked storage. It can also watch your iTunes library, and optionally integrate with the Tidal and Qobuz music streaming services. Roon is available for mobile, laptop or desktop devices. When you open the Roon app, it will display your complete audio library together with its metadata and artwork along with all the Roon enabled devices around your house. Simply select the music you wish to play and the JBL SA750 or other Roon device in which you want to hear it on.
Note: To use Roon you will need a Roon Core running on the same network as the JBL SA750. The Core is media server software that runs on your computer, NAS, or turnkey appliance (like Nucleus or ROCK - sold separately), located on the network within your home.
Front-Panel Display: The front-panel display indicates source selection and menu settings. You can adjust the brightness level the front-panel display to "Full", "Dim", or "Off".
Front-Panel & Remote Control: Front-panel contols included Power, Volume, Iinput, Balance, Mute, Direct, MC/MM, and DIRAC. The included IR remote provides full wireless operation of the JBL SA750 integrated amplifier.
MusicLife App: The free Music Life App for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) allows you to wirelessly stream music stored on your computer and your compatible smartphone or tablet device to the JBL integrated amplifier, as well control playback from your mobile device. You'll be able to effortlessly stream music stored on your Windows PC, Mac computer, NAS drive, or other UPnP compliant device directly to the JBL integrated amp and control playback from the MusicLife app on your compatible mobile device. You also get to stream content stored on your compatible Apple iOS or Android OS device to the JBL integrated amp using the MusicLife app with playback control functions.
Note: Your music library must be stored physically on your computer or mobile device, not on a Cloud service
IP Control: When connected to a wired or wireless network, the SA750 can be controlled and monitored remotely using dedicated home automation software (sold separately). Various third-party systems (including Control 4, Crestron, Elan, RTI, and URC) are available providing sophisticated control over all your entertainment devices. The same controls are also available via the rear-panel RS-232 input.
- Go to the Documents & Downloads tab here for compatible third-party drivers and serial protocols.
- The technical details of the remote control protocol are available upon request, by contacting JBL at luxurysupport@Harman.com.
Auto Standby: The JBL SA750 integrated amplifier will automatically go into Standby mode if there is not audio signal or operation for approximately 20 minutes.
Firmware & Software Downloads: The firmware in the JBL integrated amplifier can be updated from a USB thumbdrive containing firmware update files. You can download the latest firmware file, together with upgrading instructions, from the JBL website. Firmware & software downloads are not supported over a network connection.
3 questions already asked